What is wrong with this pathfinder?

kefferjoe

That can't be an 01, it's one of two things: a pre-facelift 99, or a wrecked 2001 with a pre-facelift front clip installed. Ask for a pic of the engine, if it's a 3.5L engine then it's a wrecked 01 with a replacement front clip, if it's a 3.3L engine then they got the year wrong.

Those wheels and rear are definitely post-facelift though. What a strange beast - but explainable with more info from the seller.

Then it is a MY 2001, but likely was wrecked and the front end replaced with a pre-facelift front clip. Keffer, if I was in the market, and I inspected it and the work was done well, I'd throw $2000 cash at them and see if they bite.

Hmmm well this has all been helpful I think the reason why he would have used late 90s parts is because they are everywhere in the junkyard around here where as the 2000s are harder to come by. My next question is when you all refer to the "clip" does that mean the fenders and such or would that also include the radiator core support and stuff. I might want to pick this vehicle up and reconvert it to an 01. Assuming he lets it go for cheaper.

Wrong year/right generation cosmetic swaps are nothing out if the ordinary (not necessarily in the pathfinder world, but in general period). My assumption would be wrecked/totaled and rebuilt with cheaper/more available parts (even without being previously wrecked I would personally prefer the pre-nose anyway).

Wrong year/right generation cosmetic swaps are nothing out if the ordinary (not necessarily in the pathfinder world, but in general period). My assumption would be wrecked/totaled and rebuilt with cheaper/more available parts (even without being previously wrecked I would personally prefer the pre-nose anyway).

I can dig that reasoning. I like the look of my pre-facelift R50, but would sure love the more horses of the VQ engine.

Keffer, I haven't looked closely enough to determine if the front fenders of a post-facelift are the same, but I think it would be safe to assume that they are not. Front clip should be all sheet metal - hood, fenders - bumper, and unibody structure underlying it. That wouldn't include the radiator or other mechanical parts, just structural members. Unless you're a skilled body guy, I would leave it as is.

Here's a question to consider for irony's sake: If it was wrecked twice, was it rebuilt as a pre-facelift both times? Or did the owner source the post-facelift parts and then, when he/she wrecked it again a year later, just went "Awww come on!!" and rebuilt it with older parts the second time? Lol

...did the owner source the post-facelift parts and then, when he/she wrecked it again a year later, just went "Awww come on!!" and rebuilt it with older parts the second time? Lol

The sad thing is that it was only 3 months between the first-time wreck and the second-time!

Here's a question to consider for irony's sake: If it was wrecked twice, was it rebuilt as a pre-facelift both times? Or did the owner source the post-facelift parts and then, when she wrecked it again a year later, just went "Awww come on!!" and rebuilt it with older parts the second time? Lol

Fixed that for you.

-Kyle

I can dig that reasoning. I like the look of my pre-facelift R50, but would sure love the more horses of the VQ engine.

Keffer, I haven't looked closely enough to determine if the front fenders of a post-facelift are the same, but I think it would be safe to assume that they are not. Front clip should be all sheet metal - hood, fenders - bumper, and unibody structure underlying it. That wouldn't include the radiator or other mechanical parts, just structural members. Unless you're a skilled body guy, I would leave it as is.

Here's a question to consider for irony's sake: If it was wrecked twice, was it rebuilt as a pre-facelift both times? Or did the owner source the post-facelift parts and then, when he/she wrecked it again a year later, just went "Awww come on!!" and rebuilt it with older parts the second time? Lol

Front fenders have a different bulge and have a different cut for the markers.

Ya same, Anything beat down in the front x2.....na i will pass. But its funny seeing the 96ish grill on it, looks like mine only mine is that cheap chrome plastic stuff instead of black. "which im going to change, and do a little experiment to see if i can turn the EL cheapo plastic chrome crap into some El Cheapo Black chrome finish. then matched with the rims and sliders and new bumpers all black chrome, should be pretty sharp. =)