My AC lift is all done. Sitting pretty on 33"s.

snow4me

Got quite a bit of positive camber on the drivers side. Previous owner put it in the ditch and the shop that fixed it was "creative" with their fix. It's at the frame and alignment shop now so let's hope he can straighten it out for me. Any questions, fire away.

Looks good! What size tires are those? I'm running 265/75-16's and I'd need to run some wheel spacers in front in order to fit 285/75-16's.

How'd you get them to clear the front struts?

They are Goodyear Duratrac 285/75/16's. I'm running a 1.5" front wheel spacer and have about a .5" clearance to the strut right now. Don't know if that will change once to camber gets adjusted. The Duratrac has a notched section that makes clearing the strut a little easier I think. Don't know how a BFG All terrain would fit with the squared off shoulder design. There is NO way you are gonna get away with running my stock wheel with anything less than a 1.5" front spacer if you want to run a 285 period. Maybe a 1.25 would work but it would be pushing it. With a BFG A/T or anything else, forget the 1.25" spacer.

Have the springs settled or did you JUST finish the lift? Seems to be a lot of space between the tire and fender. Looks Awesome!

Just finished it. I already have the NX4 spacer installed to correct the future settling. Keep in mind, EVERYTHING is new. If it wasn't welded in, I replaced it.

That looks awesome Dude!!

So that's what a 2" AC coil lift with 1" Nx4 spacers looks like with no camber adjustment.

Could you please measure the drive shaft angle of the front CV shafts and your camber degrees before and after adjustment and post them ASAP. I'm really interested in the comparisons. Any "top out" in the struts as of yet?

Looks level, tough and Pretty Cool

Good work !!

Any rubbing? Did you have to trim anything?

Yea, there was some rubbing. Had to cut just a little off the bumper and a little off the fenderwell. Not too bad really and I knew it was going to need to be done. Gonna spray some bedliner into the fender area where I cut into just to protect it. That area on each side was filled with at least 10 ounces of dirt, pine needles, and other crap that was sure to rot that area out sooner or later. I only put about 5 easy miles on it going up to the frame shop, it was all over the road with my garage alignment. LoL. The tires are surprisingly quiet. CV angles are pretty steep, I am running locking hubs so I'm not too concerned about it. More questions are welcomed!

Well, got a little bit of bad news. :-( My alignment guy who is very experienced, wants the NX4 spacers out! He can't get the LH camber in spec at all. Like I said, it has been in the ditch before. He feels confident that without the spacers it won't be an issue. He wasn't likingmy idea of elongating the strut holes and/or using smaller diameter bolts.

Well, got a little bit of bad news. :-( My alignment guy who is very experienced, wants the NX4 spacers out! He can't get the LH camber in spec at all. Like I said, it has been in the ditch before. He feels confident that without the spacers it won't be an issue. He wasn't likingmy idea of elongating the strut holes and/or using smaller diameter bolts.

Are you using camber bolts ? I understand that it has been in a ditch, but mine got aligned perfectly with my spacers on with 2 camber bolts per side...

S.

Are you using camber bolts ? I understand that it has been in a ditch, but mine got aligned perfectly with my spacers on with 2 camber bolts per side...

S.

Yep, two pairs. RH side looks fine, LH side, not so fine.I don't think the strut can be in wrong, the 3 top bolts are idiot proofed.

Hmmmm, camber issues with AC coils and Nx4 spacers, never heard of this before!!! How is the "top out' ? Any CV binding yet?

Do you have the numbers sheet, you know the print off from his machine with the alignment numbers ? I'm very interested.

I know your guy is a guru and very experienced BUT all high end, performance, top quality struts have slotted top mounting holes for camber adjustment. So, I,m going to have to beg to differ with your alignment guy.

skunk2_zpsdae0d8e0.jpg

The Nx4 web site suggests that you don't use the spacers with longer aftermarket springs, for various reasons. You can read all kinds of threads here between me and XPLOR4x to get better insight on this topic.

"Note that when accompanied by NEW aftermarket LIFT springs, you may experience strut 'top out', a condition which may damage the strut over time. These spacers are best combined with OEM springs"

I'm willing to bet it has nothing to do with going into a ditch. The alignment guy would have alerted you to a bent suspension item and/or you would have seen something. Remember, "Keep in mind, EVERYTHING is new. If it wasn't welded in, I replaced it.

:deadhorse:

Edited by rocky2