What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Good news everyone, Goldy is back on the ground and running-exhaust stud fixed and all buttoned up. Oil n filter changed. New to me, drivers window mechanism cleaned, lubed, installed & working wonderfully-forgot how fast they were supposed to be, ha. Got 2 more dr panels to re, clean & re.

Figured out that the drvrs seat issue will be a relatively easy fix-thank you dude on YouTube video-little nylon gear. I should be able to cannibalize the one from spare pass seat assy. Either that or pay $40 for a new 1 from Amazon-yikes!! NOTE: seat motors not working? 2 possibilities: coins jammed in track; ie: 1 side only works-this can also destroy that little nylon gear OR motor needs to be hit(tapped)w/hammer-Nissan Percussive Maintenance Program, Lovin it!! Apparently the motors can get "stuck/locked" in 1 place & quite often a tap or 2 will get them moving again. Probably just a dirty spot on the armature. Think I'll attempt that gear replacement tonight, if no plans have been made by the Social Secretary.

Made a new vapor barrier, as PO(Wienney McHackerson)felt it unnecessary to replace it after he butchered the fact. stereo wiring...oh yeah gotta solder 2 wires in there too, then the door panel can be put back on.

PO said Climate Control wasn't working...haven't really investigated but I DO know the AC pump belt is NONEXISTENT-got some new belts already-just another "roundtoit"....

Got a lot done in last 2-3 days so must push on while im still motivated, wish me luck, V.

What did you use and how did you do the window to make it go up and down faster?

Sent from my Z836BL using Tapatalk

65 cent Exhaust leak fix.....I did this a few weeks ago but was worried the fix wouldn't work. It Held!

Two quarters, a dime and a nickel JB welded to the exhaust.

a78da9412ff7dff9b9ab8c901908f7de.jpg

I know I plugged up a factory water drain built into the muffler, but there was a tinier leak lower down, so it all worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Put final coat of paint on the bumper. Will install it tomorrow. Went to the jy and picked up a passenger blinker to replace the broken lens on mine. Got a driver marker light, gear shift knob that actually has numbers on it and the outer dash vent grills to replace my broken ones. All of it was from an 88 hardbody.

• Like 1

What did you use and how did you do the window to make it go up and down faster?

Its called Sil-Glyde(Dad had it for years. Made in CANADA, discribed as: a non-petroleum lubricating compound, using synthetic and natural oils. NOT dielectric. Designed originally for brake systems. Will dry out and crack eventually. ) & it's about the consistency of med/thick grease.

I cleaned the old lube off the rail the glide runs on w/brake clean and the reapplied the Sil-Glyde, sparingly, to the inside and outside of the rail, the cable & its nylon cable slides at each end and even put some in the slots on the cable spool. Free ran it up/down n got the spot I missed the first time.

TO DO: 10mm socket. Cut a U shaped flap, the width of the small grey structual plate, in vap barrier & roll up, secure w/tape. Remove plate(4 screws), drop wind down til glas bolts show. CAREFULLY hold glas & removed the 2 screws that actually hold the glass and then lift it up a bit & tip it towards the front end, slowly pulling it away from the vehicle. Set safely aside.

2: get ur #2 Philips & an old, soapy and wet, terry rag, fold, x 2, over screwdriver and from the top, slowly draw the cleaning tool down the glide slots. Careful, they're foam rubber. Did about 5 passes min, all way round, top to bottom. Presoaked entire felts w/windex-anything will work. Once you see the crap ur cleaning out, you'll understand whats been slowing it down.

NOW, once that's all clean and dry, I use spray silicone in the entire seal. Matter of fact, I use it anywhere foam/rubber touches metal-fantastic in the wintertime!

Remember the glass you set aside? Clean it, especially the edges-notice the vertical scratches? Yeah so did I-lol.

Reassemble, use 1000 mile hr tape to seal it back up, ENJOY!!

• Like 1

FORGOT to mention, I took the whole glass drive assy out to do this-SO much easier and only 7 bolts and a pop terminal. V

Installed a 2in body lift. I'm surprised how simple doing that was, hardly have to remove anything.

Cleaned up a bit of the mess the PO left me on the rear passenger door. Not sure if it is some really crappy and still gummy kind of adhesive or what but it is everywhere, behind the door cover, under the kicker panel, all ran down the door to the bottom. Scrapped most off, figured I'll do an actual real cleaning of it when I'm done wrenching on the truck. Odorless and not super noticeable since I'm in the driver's seat so it can wait a month or two lol.

Tomorrow I'm going to try mounting my winch, hammering back my bumper and fixing the turn signals on it, re mount and start on torsion bars.

• Like 3

Installed a 2in body lift. I'm surprised how simple doing that was, hardly have to remove anything.

Cleaned up a bit of the mess the PO left me on the rear passenger door. Not sure if it is some really crappy and still gummy kind of adhesive or what but it is everywhere, behind the door cover, under the kicker panel, all ran down the door to the bottom. Scrapped most off, figured I'll do an actual real cleaning of it when I'm done wrenching on the truck. Odorless and not super noticeable since I'm in the driver's seat so it can wait a month or two lol.

Tomorrow I'm going to try mounting my winch, hammering back my bumper and fixing the turn signals on it, re mount and start on torsion bars.

Sticky grey schmoo, looks like it's coming from behind the door card? That's not from the PO, that's the gunk Nissan used to stick some kind of vapor guard in behind the door cards. It gets old, it gets hot, it gets runny, and then it comes out to say hello.

Ordered my rear shocks finally, Rancho RS5112 for the rear. Should be here Wednesday along with my exhaust manifold for my frontier that decided to finally completely split away into 2 pieces 3 days before I have work out of state. Luckily I get to drive the company vehicle and it's only 3 hours away in Myrtle Beach.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sticky grey schmoo, looks like it's coming from behind the door card? That's not from the PO, that's the gunk Nissan used to stick some kind of vapor guard in behind the door cards. It gets old, it gets hot, it gets runny, and then it comes out to say hello.

I thought that might be the case when I first discovered it and more behind the interior of the door. It also collects a bunch of hair and makes the truck look hella gross! hahaha

Installed 3 inch suspension lift, painted and sanded rust spots on bumper, driller new holes to allow the fairlead to align as it should and threaded a mounting spot on top for the winch control module. New torsion bars look awesome on the truck. Decided to throw on the 35 tires I have from a Craigslist buy, truck looks super good and it worthy as a head Turner finally.

Shot bolts with penetrating oil for UCAs for tomorrow

• Like 1

I thought that might be the case when I first discovered it and more behind the interior of the door. It also collects a bunch of hair and makes the truck look hella gross! hahaha

Installed 3 inch suspension lift, painted and sanded rust spots on bumper, driller new holes to allow the fairlead to align as it should and threaded a mounting spot on top for the winch control module. New torsion bars look awesome on the truck. Decided to throw on the 35 tires I have from a Craigslist buy, truck looks super good and it worthy as a head Turner finally.

Shot bolts with penetrating oil for UCAs for tomorrow

You say all this and don't post a single pic???

• Like 1

You say all this and don't post a single pic???

Hahaha unfortunately I still have yet to learn how to post pictures here with my phone lol plus the truck is so far from being finished it's laughable. Wait till I paint it, I'll be posting a few photos on the fb site for sure and figure out how to get it on here. :)

Mounted winch inside the bumper, more drilling and making things work. Reclocked the winch and accidentally pulled the damn brake cap completely off the engine. Wasn't hard to reinstall but certainly frustrating.

Winch control module is mounted on bracket I bent and mounted on top if the bumper, I think it looks pretty good honestly. Remounted bumper on the truck and installed panrod drop bracket.

Opted against installing my current (1.5-2in lift) RC control arms, seemed like a waste of time so instead ordered diff drop bushings and looked into new carpet for the truck. I really hate red on red on red.

Ran out of parts to install. Going to drill more mounting holes into the bumper for some added support tomorrow.

• Like 1

Ordered a new intake air duct. I checked the pull a part, both wd21 they had the duct was cracked. It doesn't look like mine is cracked all the way through, but there is a vacuum leak in the area that I can't find, so the only explanation is the cracks in the duct. Tried the carb cleaner spray with no success.

Getting ready to drop the transmission again and redo the ****** sealant job a shop did a long time ago on my t case. Hoping to get some progress with engine rebuild build 3.3.2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Anybody have tips for yanking the starter over the centerlink? mines stuck on it and im trying not to unbolt the pitman

If your pathfinder is an automatic try removing the cooler lines from where they're held up next to the oil pan, it gives you a little more wiggle room. If it's a manual transmission then it's a lot easier. Like others have said just keep trying it in different positions, it'll eventually come out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4eed3e6548e4e611f1579a7e18fc3d38.jpg

I ordered a new PCV valve today, I wanted to get the right oil resistant breather tubing as well, so I pulled the passenger side tube from the top of the crankcase cover......this drained out onto myself and the fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drilled two new holes in the bumper and threw paint on for added mounting spots and security, greased bolts for UCAs for swap when that gets here.

Rinsed off the truck and shot inside the frame to get some of the mud out. Really just waiting on parts :/

• Like 1

Went offroading with my friend who just got a 2003 Jeep Liberty. Still a Jeep, but it's not a Wrangler or Cherokee so it counts as unique in my book! Also my first time offroad with all the new front-end parts, and I have to say, I'm extremely pleased with the Old Man Emu springs and KYB struts! Lots of stuff I still want to do, but I think for now I'll just get some hub-centric rings and new brake pads and enjoy it as-is for a little bit. Not sure what's next. Pics coming within the next couple days.

Installed the new OEM intake air duct. Vaccum leak is gone. It really didn't look like the cracks all the way through, but I guess so. Jy ones were in the same shape as mine, so I had to buy New one. Manufactured in July 2017. I was surprised Nissan is still making these.

• Like 1