What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

ok, lunch break came around and i went to press in them uca bushings. all in place to find out that the thread on one of the spindles got just a little chewed... so now i actually have to have my '94 out of commission for a bit while i get that spindle of and use it. good thing everything is walking distance!

So we got the VG33E out of the 99 pathfinder. My lady went there at around 10;15 to start pulling electrical connectors and lines and I got there at 11:30 to do the heavy stuff and we had it out by 4:30. By far the quickest VG pull I've ever done...the pick-a-part staff was running a bet that we WOULDN'T get it out in time for closing. We showed them with 30 minutes to spare (so I guess someone owed someone 10$) ! To be fair it wasn't on the trailer until 5:00 lol. All in all it was a successful day and now we will have two 1993 Pathfinders with VG33E's!

I am however starting to fear that her 93 will be faster than my 93 since hers is manual and mine is auto! I'm hoping my intake/headers/exhaust/tune will make up the difference LOL

I still can't believe we got the engine for 187$ with just over 100K Kilometers.

Edited by Nefarious
  • Like 1

I've had so many issues with Rock Auto lately, they probably just sent the wrong part. If I need the correct part right now for a weekend fix, I don't order from them anymore. If its something I plan on doing in the near future and have time to send the part back if its broke/not the correct part/used (yea, I was sent used inner TRE's) then I take a stab with them.

Damn, what? How does that even happen?

I emailed Rockauto about the door handle. Apparently they've sold a load of them for Pathfinders/D21s and I'm one of two people to ever complain. Not sure if I got a weird one, if I've got a weird truck, or if nobody else has bothered to complain... anyway the customer service people were good about it.

The customer service has taken care of it, its just been issue after issue. Sometimes being cheaper than everyone isn't worth the headaches. Plus on some parts that are lifetime (ball joints-TRE's-CV axles etc) I'very decided to spend a little more locally for the ease of using that warranty if and when I need to return it.

I took off my Calmini UCA's and re-lubed the bushings with energy suspension formula 5.
They are now quiet again and hopefully they will stay that way for another 3 years.

Seafoamed it properly this time! It made quite a smoke show and I think it picked up some power. I'm not sure if this was due to the snake oil or if I was just putting my foot in more to try and burn off the snake oil, but either way I had fun flogging it.

One quick tip for anyone doing a seafoam treatment: make sure you're upwind of the tailpipe when you're applying the stuff. I was very much downwind, and I had a bad time.

Started converting a 97 pathfinder vg33e intake manifold to work on my vg33e swapped 93 path(currently using vg30e intake manifold) . I want the extra flow and bigger throttle body.

So far so good just one last issue to work out..

Fed the mosquitoes all week end.

Steering in, front suspension in, exhaust in, front diff connected. Thanks Rob for all these little parts which make my Terry look like a two years old car. Bosal definitely should have a quality control !!

It was an interesting week end.

Philippe.

Seafoamed it properly this time! It made quite a smoke show and I think it picked up some power. I'm not sure if this was due to the snake oil or if I was just putting my foot in more to try and burn off the snake oil, but either way I had fun flogging it.

One quick tip for anyone doing a seafoam treatment: make sure you're upwind of the tailpipe when you're applying the stuff. I was very much downwind, and I had a bad time.

Hope you don't have to pass emissions test anytime soon that kills you catalytic converter.

Mowed around it (and the wife's Prelude) but, I moved the Miata around to keep it from collecting the trimings. <br /><br />Sent from my Laptop using the interwebs while poking fun at Rebelord for these confusing posts scripts<br /><br />

I topped off my battery with distilled water. Two of the cells were lower than the rest, with the others all even just below the bottom of the vent holes. Perhaps the low cells explained my recent difficult cold starts? How full do I fill the cells? I see no max line. Should I fill to the middle of the vent holes?

I should inspect the batteries on the rest of the vehicles I maintain. That was the first time I ever topped off a battery.

Edited by Towncivilian