What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

did a temp-touch up on one of my rocker panels, adjusted the tire carrier stops/checked the tightness of the bolts, and started my latest slow moving project. :ph33r:

Put 16 lbs of air in the spare (was down to 10 lbs!). Then took her into the woods when the ABS light came on. Checked the fuses, looked for leaks, and checked the fluid level to no avail. I'll ask my mechanic what he thinks as he just worked on her Friday when I meet up with him at the dirt track tonight. Yah-hoo!

Wired the electric fan to an automatic transmission power switch from a Z car:

DSCN0552.jpg

Put new sticker on windshield:

DSCN0548.jpg

"Fixed" the broken hinges on the cargo access panels:

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0546.jpg

what kinda cars runnin?

Creat Sportsman, Renegade, 4 bangers, and in lieu of the late models we were blessed with the "winged cars" (sprint cars). Six Q-tips and four Kleenex's later I'm all clean and getting my drink on. *and staying off of the forums when the buzz kicks in ... no more "three in a row" for me! :whistle:

"Fixed" the broken hinges on the cargo access panels:

Now that is a nice looking "fix"! :beer:

Sprints are the Mrs #1 choice, I'm there to watch em all. FASTRACK, 4 cyl, modifides, mod lites, sprints etc. Firecracker weekend at the closest track to me (lernerville in Sarver PA) but bein on call = no WoO lates for me. WoO sprints comin soon though :aok: the best go 4 abrest!

We have three tracks within thrity minutes drive from our house. This is only my second year that we've been into it as my neighbor just bought his car and a co-worker of mine's husband, brother, and nephew all have cars. Throw in the friends that I've met in the pits and now I have a new addiction.

I understand that the WoO are the shiznit up north. The sprints that ran tonight were blazing fast to me and the wife. Our buddies from NY and PA told us that they couldn't hold a candle to the WoO cars. That must be absolutely SICK!

Defiantly check out an outlaw show, they are a special breed... you'll love it. There's tons of tracks closish to me, Lernerville just being the closest (and it hosts more 'bigger' shows). Always was into dirt, we have a couple sponsors on a couple local cars (used to be on Peghers right quarter, I know he's ran down south a fiew times for some of the money races).

We've got "our" track which is a 1/4 mile. The track one town over that we went to tonight is a 1/2 mile. The difference in the track size is huge! The late models at "our" track pull the driver side front tire off the ground through the turns. The same cars (and I mean the SAME CARS) carry so much speed at the 1/2 mile track they stick to the ground through all four corners. It's fun to trade tracks each weekend and pull for the "home" boys!

Did some rust repair today. Welder died 90% of the way through. Had to borrow one.

Damage:

271063_10150237360429233_510114232_7112325_7797074_n.jpg

Mock up 1/35245:

268322_10150237361324233_510114232_7112328_7778843_n.jpg

Almost Done:

264583_10150237361669233_510114232_7112330_2112336_n.jpg

Done just need to seam seal and paint:

268101_10150237389564233_510114232_7112763_7921218_n.jpg

Removed my driver door panel and sprayed some white lithium grease on the window regulator and tracks to stop it from shuddering and jumping when going down. Seems to have worked, hope it lasts for a while before I need to do it again. I should probably do it periodically for all the windows to ensure they keep working smoothly.

Spray some silicone down the rubber tracks also, soak them, the heat down here and not rolling the windows down will cause the tint on the glass ( if you have tint) to stick to the rubber.

Checked transmission fluid and added accordingly, finally got it to the proper level. Also checked temperature at idle, and it sits at 130* and that is with JUST an 18k cooler. Also adjusted my driver side torsion bar. Put my drive side sun visor back on as well, took it off for my last wheeling trip as it likes to fall down.

Edited by silverton

Got stuck... on a paved road...... :headwall:

Was turning around on a not really that narrow road with a very narrow shoulder. Misjudged it by about a foot. Sooo that's an easy way to blow $100 for a winch from a tow truck. At least I didn't end up in the river at the bottom of the drop.

So now I have to live with the fact that the only time I've gotten a Pathfinder stuck was on a paved road.:whistle:

Installed my MM hubs, was also going to install my new valve cover gaskets, but it seems after tightening the screws as I was told by some members on the forum. The leak is gone, amazing!

The MM hubs are quite nice actually when I started looking more at them, for 80$ they are a steal, even came with all the needed hardware AND a allen key!

Photo1.jpg

I love this vehicle so much, you drive one and its just incredibly clear why you own one, SMOOTH ride offroad(after installing my new RS9000xl's that is), and on road..

Ran into a snag with swapping out to a 300zx brake MC. the adapter I bought on eBay does not work because where the brake line threads into the adapter is SAE and not metric. Now I gotta hunt around for another adapter to make it work.

Enlarged the holes in my floor and started the patching process. Cut out patches and tack welded them in for the holes in the cargo area and under the drivers feet. Next I gotta tackle under the rear seats. It's pretty bad on the driver's side back there. Do you guys think I need any of that hardware besides the seatbelt? Some of the stuff I don't even know what it is, there like this weird rubber strap, then there is the seat hold down. I don't think that should be a safety concern to remove.... seatbelt does the work?

welded up the last of my exhaust system.

painted all from the y-pipe back with high heat silicone paint.

I didn't have an oven large enough to bake the finish on, so I built one by putting a firebox under an 80 gallon steel drum.

I insulated the drum by wrapping 4 bats of fibreglass around it and wrapped it in aluminized tape. Insulated the firbox with some scraps of cement board and a bit more fibreglass. Stuck a BBQ thermometer through the side of the drum 1/2 way up to monitor the temp and test fired with some scrap wood cut from old shipping pallets and was able to easily maintain a temperature between 400F to 650F.

Total cost (excluding the thermometer which I will use on my BBQ) was $0 since the oven was built entirely from scrap and leftovers at the warehouse where I work, and it only took about 2 1/2 hours to build.

baked the paint at 450-650 for 2 hours. Had to do 3 batches to get all of the parts done.

While waiting I replaced the rear driveshaft U-joints, and cleaned up the warehouse.

The last batch is baking right now. It's been a long day and I just want it done so that I can go home and shower. Boy am I tired, It's been a long day.