Boot

scratchheadyellow.gif So in addition to it "popping up" after N you pull it up even further?

Guess that depends on how far it pops up to begin with. If yours will still shift from 4L to N without downward force, then yeah, it probably does go higher, but it may need a little help if it has note done it in a while. Mine did not pop up at all, in fact, neither of them did (original and the one attached to my replacement tranny) :shrug:

Look as it as N being the low spot across the range, like this ----_-- you push down to get to the N plane, and up on either side of it :aok:

9693575P00 $82.43 $0.00 $61.82

Console - Center - Boot - Auto trans

Auto trans - 1994-95 4wd 1994 - 1995

9693541G00 $82.43 $0.00 $61.82

Console - Center - Boot

Boot - 1994-95 large console 1994 - 1995

Guess that depends on how far it pops up to begin with. If yours will still shift from 4L to N without downward force, then yeah, it probably does go higher, but it may need a little help if it has note done it in a while. Mine did not pop up at all, in fact, neither of them did (original and the one attached to my replacement tranny) shrug.gif

Look as it as N being the low spot across the range, like this ----_-- you push down to get to the N plane, and up on either side of it thumbsup.gif

the pop up is a function of the lever not the tranny or t-case. there is a sping inside it and pin on the side of it follows a guide plate. If the spring is wore out or the the grease has leaked out and dirt got in it may not pop up into the 4L guide. If the guide is beat up that pin won't travel thru it smooth. and of course if the floor, boot or othe obsturction stops it just shy of that up it will go 4L but is in danger of poping out of gear untill it goes back far enough for the spring(or your pulling) to take it up that last channel in the guide plate.

just so yall know - i have leather boots for sale

good I need some new riding boots :)

Well i am cheap and decided i could fix it myself. So after cutting up and old bed liner and tearing out the console i cut the rubber to size and put it all back together. Just got back from a drive and my leg was not burning from the hot air coming out and i could barely hear the broken exhaust studs! Ahhh! Redneck engineering.

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

The only trouble with that arrangement I see is if you go through water, it will enter the cabin area and kick start that dreaded rust issue.

I used a similar idea in that I used some marine grade vinyl. This I formed into a cone shape similar to the original rubber one. I glued and sew the joining seam and siliconed it between the metal plate and the body.

Where it went around the shaft, I siliconed and used a couple of cable ties to secure it in place.

The vinyl is inside out so to speak so the cloth is inside, making it less likely to rot. Been like this for over 3 years now without a sign of a leak.

Yeah id thought about that but decided that about as many times as i go underwater were few and far between. And i did put another piece on top of the stick just to ride over the area that was cut. Not a permanent repair but one definitely on the cheap and good for my 30 mile trip to work.

Yep it is! Money's still tight right now and every little thing i can do to keep my pathy on the road and running im gonna try and do it myself! My kids education and house payments are way more important than a 30 boot. So i thought id just share with everyone a cheaper way to do it. :itsallgood:

30 bucks? I thought Hardbody posted that it was 61 and change...?

Besides, if I go through water, it is not deep enough to get to the point where it would enter the cabin...and if it did...I would be more worried about hydro locking my motor than anything else...

I'll have to make one of those, I have a pc of rubber from an old tailgate mat in my storage, And I was going to suggest just cutting a separate pc of rubber to ride over the top of the lower pc. but you beat me to it

I did the home made boot fix using a piece of a rubber from a set of "lift lips" from my old 87, just as rocknforchrist did, than I cut another square piece to go over the top, will see how it is tomorrow

I love that "fix" you did for it! redneck engineering is amazing! I just glued a little peice of really hard cardboard to my door to press my door dinger button thing in more so the thing wont go off when im driving down the road anymore!

Yeah Redneck Engineering is just a way of life here in SW Missouri. Trust me there will be more ideas coming on fixes on the "cheap". I'm all about replacing it with new OE if it needs it but stuff like this requires a little imagination to rethink.