Skid Plate

Kyle94

Every WD21 I have seen has the same skid plate so I assumed it is for all of them.

Kyle, I have 2. One with the rubber side wings, one without. Buy one along with my tires... ;)

B

I have one (with the rubber wings) laying in my garage. Don't need it since I put on my black panther skids. Shame it won't fit in a flat-rate box or I'd send it to ya.

btw... the stock ones are really only good as a water deflector or a home for rodents. It's pretty thin and I beat the hell out of mine.

Same, I ripped mine off! Now I have a custom 5mm steel one fabed, won't bend that bugger.

Yeah, calling the stock unit a "skid plate" is really stretching it, over built splash guard is more like it wink.gif

5523pathfinder has an AC skid plate and I have never heard him complain about it... Not sure who else has one.

I took 2 of the stock skid plates and welded them together. I drilled holes every 4 inches and plug welded them and ground them flat. I had to get longer bolts. So far it has held up. I Put a huge dent in it slamming it into some rocks last year. I will post of couple of pics of how well it took it. I powder coated the inside silver so I can see better in the engine compartment and used roll on bed liner for the bottom.

Here some pics of the build

t_1000086m_494647a.jpg

t_3m_45bb59f.jpg

t_2m_296295e.jpg

t_1m_ea0ac5d.jpg

t_10m_677ae6d.jpg

t_11m_6029f70.jpg

Edited by msavides

Every WD21 I have seen has the same skid plate so I assumed it is for all of them.

Kyle, I have 2. One with the rubber side wings, one without. Buy one along with my tires... ;)

B

How much to buy the tires and skid plate and send em to me?

Hey, good idea!! Do they nest that well??

B

Did you not say earlier you hav e2 of them? Find out for yourself dork!

seriously I do like the double-up idea

I have one (with the rubber wings) laying in my garage. Don't need it since I put on my black panther skids. Shame it won't fit in a flat-rate box or I'd send it to ya.

hmmm... what would it fit in? how much would it cost? hah... :)

Hey, good idea!! Do they nest that well??

B

They go together perfectly. Just have to run a drill through the holes to straighten them out and get longer bolts. I welded up that useless radiator drain plug hole as well.

I still have not got under the truck to take a photo of the carnage.

Mark

If you are ever in the Yakima Area, let me know. I have 3 of them laying on the floor in the garage. You can have one if you take some other crap with you :)

how far away from kelso is yakima? oh i think... is that up by mossyrock? my cousins live there, hmm ill have to get ur adress and come by there sometime... what kind of crap would i be takin with me? hah..