Special Edition Plate

sumguy67

never saw anything like that, it could have been the original dealer had a package put together (like aftermarket parts or cosmetic things) and only made a certain number and put each truck number on a decal

did the truck come with those bumpers and does it have anything else on it that wouldn't normally be on the pathfinder??

If I was a dealer I could replace the wheels and tires and put some stripes on it and say it's a special edition, but actually making up a decal or plate not many dealers would do that I don't think

reminds me of the PT Cruiser, just about everyone of them you see on the road have a limited edition sticker on the rear, funny thing is if they all have it how limited are they??? LOL

reminds me of the PT Cruiser, just about everyone of them you see on the road have a limited edition sticker on the rear, funny thing is if they all have it how limited are they??? LOL

A trick they learned from GM building "Collector Edition" Corvettes in the '90s

Does your VIN # start with 5N1? I believe it's one of 300 WD21 Pathfinders that were made in the US.

That makes the most sense. I could see Nissan building a test run of 300 Pathfinders at the Smyrna truck plant to see about moving assembly from Japan.

I thought someone else had asked about this same thing a year or two ago... :shrug:

B

I remember that but don't remember who... I think it was bought and used as a parts truck to top it off...

You are talking about « limited edition » of the PT cruiser and collector editions thing.

Nissan jump in the the bus with these false limited edition.

On the sunglasses tray on the roof I have a sticker who say

« Pathfinder Chilkoot Trail 01581 »

:shrug: Do I care about being the 01581 Chilkoot on the road.

On the other hand your pathy is one of not many more, it is a collector item, but being build in USA is not so much of a good thing.

Edited by maikan

Thats a BADGE..I like that rear wing deflector though..probably made by GTS :coffee!:

To make it Authentic limited edition you had to have an aluminum deflector on there so ill trade you 2 deflectors for the one you have :whistle:

Edited by PATHRIDER

I picked one up at the local jy but unfortunately its cracked and reglued..our aluminum one are the one for the limited edition though :sssh:

That mounts with a different bracket on the roof so to make it an authentic limited edition it has to be on the same hinges as the rear glass

Edited by PATHRIDER

Nissan jump in the the bus with these false limited edition.

I hear that too, heard nissan back in the day was known for releasing only a few hundred of a model car then going back and making more if they sell well.

I picked one up at the local jy but unfortunately its cracked and reglued..our aluminum one are the one for the limited edition though :sssh:

That mounts with a different bracket on the roof so to make it an authentic limited edition it has to be on the same hinges as the rear glass

I have the aluminum one on my pathy lol.