Smashed Hood

Tungsten

I was on my typical daily drive and all of a sudden as I enter a highway ramp, a 2x4 plank comes right at me and nails me right on the nose. :wtf:

I tried beating the dent out but nothing worked so far as it is smashed right where the grille is. P...

hooddamage.jpg

FML...

Try removing the grill and drilling through or cutting away the inside of the hood and then hammer it out with a wooden dowel. On my truck I would probably just leave it. It's a beauty mark. Reminds me of the time I was pulling Beastpath out of the snow and his truck kept sliding until his spare kissed my hood and dented it. He was all upset about it and offered to replace it, but I simply told him "It's not that kind of truck". Is your truck "that kind of truck"?

I kinda like the bug guard idea, but I wouldn't worry about the dent either. Hell, if you were closer (and it was the same color) I'd swap you the hood off of my parts truck...

B

Oxford is parting out a red pathy. He's in Pennsylvania, and you are in NJ? It might work out to meet halfway.

Before you go and do something rash like trying to pop the dent yourself, talk to a bodyshop. Your paint doesn't appear to be broken, and you might be able to get it done by guys who know what they are doing for a lot less than you might expect. It would be a great way to scope out a shop for future rocker panel replacement.

Go to Canadian Tire and rent a Uni Spotter. Sand down then area of dent. Use the Uni Spotter to weld the copper pins on. Then use the pull hammer that comes with the Uni spotter to pull out the dent. Grind off the copper pins. Put a light coating of bondo ( Make sure you mix it right ) Then cheese grade and block. Then put a fine skim of putty. ( Let the putty dry at least over night to get it nice and hard. Then sand down with a high grit sand paper. Prime and paint.

I would suggest putting a black line across the bottom of your whole hood. That way you wont have to colour match.

Earl

Yeah, they don't have those in the UNITED STATES....

:lol:

Yeah not so bad overall, keep looking and I am sure you will find a replacement hood if you want it gone.

Otherwise, if you want to hide it, then the bug shield will do that. Or claim it as a battle scare and wear the badge with pride :aok:

• 3 months later...