Holy Dip Stick Fat Man!

sencaw

SE V6 Oil Filter  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What were they thinking when they decided oil filter location?

• Will anyone actually ever change this thing?
    • Everyone has a spare midget in the tool box!
    • Not much for accessibility but it look good.
    • Why would someone put a oil filter on the bottom?
    • Sushi for lunch guys?

If it wasn't for the Americans I would be speaking German! So it is for Americans, if it wasn't for the French you guys would be speaking English! :rofl:

But yes it was a bad placement! I will be installing an O'Berg filter soon, buy once use for-ever!

• Like 1

I have a diesel Terrano 2 (based on Pathfinder), and again the oil filter is located such way that is hard to replace, and when you manage to get to it, there's no way for removing it withous spilling half of it's content on the engine, front diff etc.

It seems they have some sort of strange sense of humor. :)

• 1 month later...

As long as you don't over tighten it it's not too bad. I learned that the hard way, had to get a tool to attach to the end of my socket to get the damn thing off the second time i ever changed it

• 2 months later...

I used to have a dual remote mount filter on my 87 hardbody, had it mounted below the pass.side door, but I def. agree a body lift solves any problems in removing the oil filter. Also makes removing the starter much easier too.

• 1 month later...

Next time I change my oil I'm gonna make a video on how farking easy it is to change the filter. Even with a 3 inch body lift.

Good idea... I'm due to do mine anyway since I need to do a tune up as well...

• 7 years later...

If it wasn't for the Americans I would be speaking German! So it is for Americans, if it wasn't for the French you guys would be speaking English! http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/rolling.gif

But yes it was a bad placement! I will be installing an O'Berg filter soon, buy once use for-ever!

I don't know why this thread showed up in my new content, but this is the funniest thing I have read in awhile.