Where is Vengfull?

fisherdude

OK, so back in July I gave Moderator: Vengeful like $40 for some brake roters he had, and then he just bails as soon as he gets the money...Has anybody seen him or does anyone know him personally so that I could get a hold of him. I didn't think the forum was about fskcin' each other over... :scratchhead:

Edited by fisherdude

The "official" word is that Venge has moved and doesn't have the internet. However that was in August...

I haven't seen him on AIM or facebook in forever so the no internet situation might still be the case.

This also doesn't seem like Venge's kind of behavior, so I assume that maybe your transaction happened when he moved and he hasn't had the ways or means to complete it.

OK, so back in July I gave Moderator: Vengeful like $40 for some brake roters he had, and then he just bails as soon as he gets the money...Has anybody seen him or does anyone know him personally so that I could get a hold of him. I didn't think the forum was about fskcin' each other over... :scratchhead:

Although I understand your frustration, please understand that this had nothing to do with the forum from an official standpoint. This was a personal deal between Dan and yourself. I hope this does not taint your outlook on NPORA as a whole.

No matter who you are dealing with, be it a Mod, Admin or a Member, unless the deal is sanctioned by NPORA (like the MrJim Fund was) it is a personal deal between two private parties.

Now, that said. I really wish I could help you, but I have not heard from Dan in a long time... sorry :shrug:

I was hunting him down a few months ago, and found the same info as Andrew posted - He moved, he's working retarded hours, and isn't online. He used to be online all the time in one form or another, and then went MIA.

I also agree, that this does seem very unlike Dan, but he is (or was) being hunted down by another forum member for a similar reason. If you want, you can PM me your information, and I can text him, and let him know your situation.

As a member of the moderation team, I do want to say that this type of behavior is not acceptable. I find it embarrassing we have to hunt down people from our own team for things like this.

knowing dan personally i would say this is far from normal for him...

This is the third time I have personally been involved in a case like this with Dan, which makes me wonder what 'normal' behavior is, and how many times it has occurred before and not been publicized.

I agree with Red and Pezzy, but find it a bit more than 'embarrassing'.

I know he seems to have disappeared abruptly and hope all is ok with him, but this type of behavior is unjustified. I'm sure I could find him if necessary, but I'd prefer to keep that avenue in reserve. Pezzy, let us know if you can get him on the horn, please??

B

I was involved with a transaction with dan back last christmas and it took him a couple months to finally get the rack shipped out. There was a point when I thought I had been SOL but I turned to this forum and had his peers put the squeeze on him then I opened up a dispute case with him via paypal then almost overnight he shipped it out. So I think he is the type to NOT screw you over totally but rather an extreme procrastinator.

-Colby

I haven't been on here in a while but since my boy is having trouble with Dan, I'll jump in with, what I sure is more than, my 2 cents:

I, Boston AKA Fukinitupagain, am that "other forum member" that Pezzy mentioned in post #8 for a similar reason. Back in like late May or early early June I paid Dan $50 for a pair of used manual hubs ($40 for the hubs & $10 for shipping) & have yet to see jack-sh!t. I have PM'ed, emailed & called/texted him, even though I am told that he says that he has never received any notification that I have tried to reach him, which is an absolute lie (just because you don't recognize my phone number doesn't mean that its still not me!). B, Pezzy & I have been talking about this for the better part of 3 months now through PM's & I have kept quiet, but seeing that Brodi (or is it Brody, it’s been so long since the last time we talked dude) has gone a head & went public (way to come out of the closet big guy...) I figured I'd say a bit.

With no disrespect intened for B, Pezzy, Tex or anyone else in the Mod/Admin group, this is complete & total bullsh!t! One of the reasons I have stepped away for a bit is that we as members are told to conduct ourselves in a certain manner but then a member of the Mods/Admins gets to turn around & funk every body over & gets away with it. Now I am sure that Mike & a couple of other people are going to jump all over me & say "no this is not normal" "he's a good guy" "he works long/cazy hours" "he doesn't have the internet right now" well ya know what, to me he's not a good guy, this is normal for him & my address has been sent on multiple occasions for him to ship out the products that he claimed he had "just laying around ready to go out" so not having the internet & working weird hours has nothing to do with shipping out my manual hubs, that I paid for, or sending me back a money order for $55 (that’s right you slack-assed so now there’s a sur charge, like I'm a government run back!)!

So how bout it Dan? You've already lost any respect you might have had with me, maybe its time you try & do a bit of damage control for everyone else on this board. Of course maybe you could give a f*ck cause you got a couple of hundred bucks from people for sh!t you never intended on sending out & you don’t plan on coming back over this way any more. Either way this aint like the deal with Alex, you are close enough for me to drive to... it aint about the money nor is it about the hubs at this point. I'll spend $100 in gas to find some form of satisfaction from this & no it won't be a waste of money for me, at least I'll see something come out if it.

I haven't been on here in a while but since my boy is having trouble with Dan, I'll jump in with, what I sure is more than, my 2 cents:

I, Boston AKA Fukinitupagain, am that "other forum member" that Pezzy mentioned in post #8 for a similar reason. Back in like late May or early early June I paid Dan $50 for a pair of used manual hubs ($40 for the hubs & $10 for shipping) & have yet to see jack-sh!t. I have PM'ed, emailed & called/texted him, even though I am told that he says that he has never received any notification that I have tried to reach him, which is an absolute lie (just because you don't recognize my phone number doesn't mean that its still not me!). B, Pezzy & I have been talking about this for the better part of 3 months now through PM's & I have kept quiet, but seeing that Brodi (or is it Brody, it’s been so long since the last time we talked dude) has gone a head & went public (way to come out of the closet big guy...) I figured I'd say a bit.

With no disrespect intened for B, Pezzy, Tex or anyone else in the Mod/Admin group, this is complete & total bullsh!t! One of the reasons I have stepped away for a bit is that we as members are told to conduct ourselves in a certain manner but then a member of the Mods/Admins gets to turn around & funk every body over & gets away with it. Now I am sure that Mike & a couple of other people are going to jump all over me & say "no this is not normal" "he's a good guy" "he works long/cazy hours" "he doesn't have the internet right now" well ya know what, to me he's not a good guy, this is normal for him & my address has been sent on multiple occasions for him to ship out the products that he claimed he had "just laying around ready to go out" so not having the internet & working weird hours has nothing to do with shipping out my manual hubs, that I paid for, or sending me back a money order for $55 (that’s right you slack-assed so now there’s a sur charge, like I'm a government run back!)!

So how bout it Dan? You've already lost any respect you might have had with me, maybe its time you try & do a bit of damage control for everyone else on this board. Of course maybe you could give a f*ck cause you got a couple of hundred bucks from people for sh!t you never intended on sending out & you don’t plan on coming back over this way any more. Either way this aint like the deal with Alex, you are close enough for me to drive to... it aint about the money nor is it about the hubs at this point. I'll spend $100 in gas to find some form of satisfaction from this & no it won't be a waste of money for me, at least I'll see something come out if it.

I was just speaking form my couple of experiences with him, if this is truly the way he conducts business then that is a sad thing. I am never going to jump on you for saying your experiences and your opinions, I actually hold you higher than a lot of members because of your no bullsh!t attitude and way of handling things, which is the way I try to conduct mine. I hope everything works out for you guys and I hope this is not how Dan truly is...

Dam, am I lucky that everyone I have dealt with was quick and honest here? (j/k I know it's just the bad deals that get brought into the light, which I don't have anythign against. Just hope it gets worked out for those involved. Kudos on the patience of those on the reciving end as well!)

Well, all 3 people I know have spoken out, if there are more, now is the time to do so.

With no disrespect intened for B, Pezzy, Tex or anyone else in the Mod/Admin group, this is complete & total bullsh!t! One of the reasons I have stepped away for a bit is that we as members are told to conduct ourselves in a certain manner but then a member of the Mods/Admins gets to turn around & funk every body over & gets away with it.

No insult taken, but no member of the staff gets to 'fark people over and get away with it'. I'll go ahead and say it here before I make an announcement, but Vengeful (Dan C) is no longer a member of the NPORA staff. He has been demoted to member and emailed, so hopefully he will respond and square things up. Yes, he was a Mod when he set up these deals but he is no longer and his handling of them is the primary reason. We'll continue to weed out the ones with undesirable methods.

I don't personally have the power to collect from Dan although I may have an alternative method of contact. If nothing shakes out in the next week or two, I'll see what I can do.

Sorry folks, but internet business is just that. Try to know the person or have some recourse. I personally ship parts first and request payment upon receipt, it's worked so far...

B

Hey Boston (its Brodie btw) ill split the gas and ride up to DC with you, its about what 4 hours from G-boro? People said he moved, but he shouldn't be too hard to track down. I mean @!*% it would give us something to do. If he's too lazy to ship the parts, we'll just show up on his doorstep and be like "Yo we're here to pick up our @!*%." It would be satisfying.

I've got to say that every member of the staff I contacted jumped at helping me and did everything necessary to get things to lead towards a positive outcome. I was then and am now totally impressed with the way that EVERY staff member on this board has acted when contacted by me or likewise in dealing with things as this. Well, that is to say every staff except dan of course. ;)

Thanks again...

-Colby

edit -

i take it the roof rack deal did go through w/o issues then? i couldn't find those threads the other day.

Oh, yes it did go through after some riggormorrole that's for sure!

Here it is installed - http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...5&hl=safari :whistle:

Edited by colbywan

Hey Boston (its Brodie btw) ill split the gas and ride up to DC with you, its about what 4 hours from G-boro? People said he moved, but he shouldn't be too hard to track down. I mean @!*% it would give us something to do. If he's too lazy to ship the parts, we'll just show up on his doorstep and be like "Yo we're here to pick up our @!*%." It would be satisfying.

If I'd looked at my phone I'd seen how it was spelled...

Anyway, that sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Right now, I'm mad crazy busy trying to finish a couple of sculptures that have to get done but in a month or so I should be good to go. I hope that he will get he's shart together before then but I'm not going to hold my breath.

BTW Colby, other than Dan, the staff here, especially B & Pezzy, have been trying really hard to help me out on this but at this point I think they've gone as far as they can. B's on the west coast & Pezzy's a Maple Leaf fan so... I mean she lives in Canada, yeah thats what I meant... :shiftyeyes:

And GG I agree, it all goes to rice when you get a Honda...

Hell, I live in Harrisburg... if he's in DC, I could see if I can go pay a visit... though it'd have to be after this semester ends (16 credits in courses... class every day but sunday) and working full time (every day but sunday) has me on a serious overload 0o'