Have you checked your bushings?

ILoveMyPatty

I FINALLY decided to check what was causing the slight squeak in my front end.... good thing I checked it out....

P1000086.jpg

P1000087.jpg

P1000091.jpg

P1000092.jpg

And a pic of my half-door project. Yes, I know. Ghetto. I'm stressed about school/work/the government being retarded... and needed a way to vent.. so I decided I'd cut up some wood, imagining that it's our Premier....

P1000089.jpg

I FINALLY decided to check what was causing the slight squeak in my front end.... good thing I checked it out....

All to common, expecially in the salt belt. I'm planning to replace mine in a month or so when I rebuild/upgrade the front end...

B

I decided to not replace anything in my front end because this summer was supposed to be SAS. But, with the provincial ambulance company on strike, I cannot get hired, nor complete my Paramedic program due to practicum halts. Therefore, I can't get working as a Paramedic, and finding any job is proving to be nearly impossible. I've been going to school since December, so I haven't had the time, tools, or place to work on it, nor the money to have someone work on it. Glad I got 'er under control now... I just need to find new links from a JY or something. Blahhh! AND I have to replace the steel line for my rear pass. side brake.

Pff, f*ck that noise... My mom is an amazing and I love to eat. :D

That'll be the only downside when I move out... :lol:

There are several people parting out trucks right now, look in the for sale section!!

I still need mine to keep the truck mobile, sorry.

B

Replace the bushing cups with a bearing race you say? I don't understand what you mean. If I had a welder, I would have already done that, but I don't :( I'm gonna see if I can go pull the part from a Pathfinder tomorrow, and not tell them exactly what it is.... :P

Replace the bushing cups with a bearing race you say? I don't understand what you mean. If I had a welder, I would have already done that, but I don't :( I'm gonna see if I can go pull the part from a Pathfinder tomorrow, and not tell them exactly what it is.... :P

Just a round piece of metal about 1/4" thick that you would weld where the wallowed out hole is to keep the rod from moving.

Yikerdoodles. That's bad news bears. Looks like I wont be getting the part today... on the way into town my dads F-350 diesel broke down and I had to walk home 5km in 30 degree heat. I hate my life.

That's what I'm thinking of doing, getting the new rods, and tightening the crap out of em. I don't have a welder either. It's getting SASed soon anyway, and I don't drive it that much either. Once I get home with it, I may have my buddy weld em in for me.

My bushings and frame were completely trashed when I bought the truck. This is an AZ vehicle too! Somehow, the rods weren't badly damaged. I used bearing races and big washers to build new cups then welded them to the frame.

The "good" hole:

IMG_2551.jpg

The new and old parts:

IMG_2550.jpg

The new cups that I made:

IMG_2557.jpg

Prepped for welding:

IMG_2552.jpg

Finished product:

IMG_2560.jpg

• 2 months later...

i had the same problem too and need new bars and the dealer gave me new ones for 60 bucks. whatever junk yard you go to, for 180, they're nutso. i just had metal welded in the whole to fit over the sleave for free from the high school auto class, i got hook up at the school. maybe wont last as long but its good for now. and of course new bushings, which i need on all kinds of other things.

koveman where did you those new bushing and cup things?

Edited by bigred07