how long has your transmission lasted?

ac92pathfinder

95 XE - 170k miles, still working ok

95 SE - Haven't really driven it but its only got 113k

93 SE - 215k miles, its probably in better shape than the XE

They are all autos btw.

My MT lasted about 180k B4 dad had it replaced. It had never been filled to 5.4L as per the nissan TSB so that may have contributed to it.

At the time (2005) I had cost $2k to have the clutch and tranny swapped for new.

This new one has over 40k on it and 20k follwing the TSB, It sould last a long time...

205k, working perfectly fine now. Had a pretty serious hiccup nearly 2000 miles ago when I thought it had given up the ghost, and an aftermarket tranny cooler fixed it right up ;)

Yeah it would be important for people to note if they have a 5spd or auto ;)

My Numbers:

Original 5 Spd died around 350,000 miles.

Current 5 Spd is running strong around 245,000 miles

The 95XE I purchased last year had the tranny rebuilt at about 80k miles (by the PO) and a tranny cooler installed.

It just hit 98k miles last week and seems to run fine, but it is the first auto I've owned for almost 20 years. I'll do a tranny flush this summer and see how long it lasts. :shrug:

B

Z24 powered 5 speed manual and from 79k to 240k flogged it bad and now it's for sale ( apparently to a VIC bloke ) and with just at the end ( before 3.8ltr auto conv ) the 5th gear just started to jump out .

has anyone ever got there transmission rebuilt? if so whats the ball park on getting it rebuilt?

myoriginal 5 speed is still goin strong at 176k

king's auto was rebuilt by nissan with po at 185k....... now has 205k with me

87MT has 250K+ on it...has some minor syncro propblems but no noises currently my spare (doesnt like 1st to 2nd in cold weather)

95MT has 150K miles on it and has a lot more syncro problems and has a whine in it (doesnt like 1st sometimes and 4th on a quick shift)

All gears work fine and I can shift without grinding b/c i learned how they like to be driven but if someone new gets in the truck I can guarantee they will grind 1st almost every time they try to put it in 1st...I also know the syncro's arent complete toast b/c I can still RPM shift without issues

tranny #2 came with 178k and i've maybe put on another 7 or so. i'm not too sure cause my speedo broke and i've been lazy with it.

T#1 was rebuilt in the 160k's, and blew up at 299. the P.O didn't know about the 5.1l thing and i wanted to push it until it stopped. man, that was the best rattle i've ever heard. too bad i didn't record it.

Edited by LittleReD89