Burger

Precise1

precise1,

if you have a chance try your hamburger with camenbert, just like with the gorgonzola...although the gorgonzola is a sin for the mouth (can't find other words ), le camenbert is as bad... and try it with a red semi-dry wine...those cheeses with red wine are...indispensable...and inevitable... I ate not long ago, in a restaurant, une bavette de cheval with melted camenbert on it... I looked for a translator and i got ''horse's bib''... anyways, it's horse meat but the bavette a specific cut of beef or horse...the fiber of the meat is horizontal (being usually vertical )...very tender...the meat melts in your mouth as for the cheese... with a good wine... should never talk about food on those topics...

Edited by Pinip

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinip,

good job for redirecting this thread back to ..... that dam burger and how good it looks/ how to individulize it. :bounce:

hey... the second one is still in the fridge...maybe ? and i'm still waiting...on the balcony lol

...sorry, i got carried away...

Edited by Pinip

... i know it's a little late for the first burger...but about the other one in the fridge... should be good with homemade french fries and mayonnaise...if you survive this... you're a king !!!

fixed it for you lol

fries and mayo is one of my guilty pleasures

my brother likes cream cheese on his burgers

Fries and mayo = :ill:

You guys are freaks :jk:

WHAT?! You're Canadian, you're supposed to LOVE that! :crossedwires:

I'm not french canadian :P

Sick! Fries and mayo? Mayo and ketchup and horseradish sauce maybe... ketchup and horseradish is the best :D

Ketchup and horseradish is seafood sauce lol.

From the bacon down it looked good (hold the pickle), then you threw that nasty crap on top. Mushrooms and swiss with some jack cheese and it would have been lookin' much better. (Avocado, and blue cheese by them selves make me wanna yack, let alone together.)

Well of course you alter it to your personal preferences!! It just so happens that unless you have some obscure aversion to blue veined cheese or avocado, that's a pretty damn good burger... :D

Nothing wrong with mushrooms and swiss! If it isn't repulsive, try sauteed onions under a sauteed (whole) green chili with (pepper) jack cheese on it (bacon optional between the meat and the onions). It's a great flavor!!

Mushrooms grow on poop where there is no sun.... I don't eat them....

That had me and the GF rolling!!

Nice, thanks!! :clap:

if you have a chance try your hamburger with camenbert, just like with the gorgonzola...

I'm a big camembert and brie fan so yes, that sounds delicious!! Roasted garlic and bacon would round that out nicely!!

Just bought some brie today... ;)

the fiber of the meat is horizontal (being usually vertical )...very tender...the meat melts in your mouth as for the cheese... with a good wine...

That sounds like flank steak. Relatively thin cut, loaded with flavor?? I love to BBQ that...

Actually, if you insist on a blue cheese, try Stilton. My wife got addicted to the Stilton cheese burger this one local English Pub used to make. You could smell it a mile away.

I'm thinking I have had stilton before, but I don't know that I have bought any. I'll keep my eyes open and try some. I often enjoy what I call "stinky" or "sock" cheese. The thing with cheese is the amazing variety and different things it goes with well. From nachos, to pizza to baked brie and garlic to cold platters with bread, grapes and apples to... You know what I mean.

Mahlzeit!! :beer:

B

I'll be your dog, on the door steps when you trow it ...

remind you... garlic is hard to digest, Watch out for your liver after that... Gorgonzola has 35% fat, havarti...about the same, avocado is also pretty though on liver...needless to mention the bacon... you should take a long walk afterward... you were thinking of going for olympics lately ? :ill:

I digest garlic very well, thank you. To me it is a fruit, not an herb... ;)

I normally don't eat quite like that, it was a special treat to myself when the GF was out of town. You can tell by the second BURGER!!

The younger brother if you will...

(downloading pictures)

One of the best write ups I have read in a while, well done B.

The wife is going away this weekend, now I know what I am building for dinner Saturday night. Although, I will throw an egg in there also.

Thanks Dave!! Take some pictures and we can trade Burger(BACON!!) pron... :D

What's with the egg though? Never heard of that... :shrug:

B

I always understood that was a European thing, not Canadian.

That said, fries with GARLIC MAYO = yum.

Ehem!!

http://www.moylans.com/site/pages/pub-menu/

Please examine #1 on the menu... :aok:

Ok, today I would like to present to you, Burger #2. While not perhaps as exciting as the first, it is by no means a poor follow up.

My excuses are: It was late on Sunday, the GF was hungry (and NOT patient), I was out of bacon and we had to share it.

Hence the lack of raw onions (shameful) but I insisted on sauteed onions (bravo)!!

This is a helper that showed up to assist me in my Burger prowess. His main function was to randomly walk between/under my feet in the kitchen adding a squishy obstacle course to the challenge of Burgering.

Occasionally he was also insufferably cute at times. This is the same helper who assisted me in relocating my bumper and tranny cooler after my recent BL.

Burger2001.jpg

The Ingredients:

We start with the patty (steak seasoning, liquid smoke, and Bacon!! salt), sauteed onions, tomato, pickles, avocado, only 2 slices of gorgonloza this time, whole wheat bun and lettuce selected from the garden.

Burger2005.jpg

The Build:

We start with the toasted bun caressed with mayo.

Burger2006.jpg

Selected lettuce added.

Burger2007.jpg

Tomatoes reclining with my trade mark dash of black pepper and oregano.

Burger2009.jpg

Pickles locked into place.

Burger2010.jpg

B

The fry:

The avocado festooned Burger. (hint, nuke the avocado for 30 seconds to assist with cheese melt)

Burger2011.jpg

Gorgonzola blankets the top.

Burger2012.jpg

Sauteed onions secure the area. (nuke likewise)

Burger2013.jpg

The toasted bun is carefully placed into position.

Burger2014.jpg

And now, The BURGER!!

Burger2015.jpg

I can't remember which 1/2 I got... :shrug:

Burger2016.jpg

Happy salivating; hopefully this inspires!! :beer:

I think later this week I'll have to make some green chili/bacon burgers... :D

B

I'm not french canadian :P

Ketchup and horseradish is seafood sauce lol.

...heu...what am i suppose to say if i am and French (France) and Canadian hein ? lol ...and homemade Mayonnaise please on ze french fries...

Edited by Pinip

Real Mayonnaise...not to mix up with that miracle shi..p...that infect salad dressing

Edited by Pinip

I digest garlic very well, thank you. To me it is a fruit, not an herb... ;)

I normally don't eat quite like that, it was a special treat to myself when the GF was out of town. You can tell by the second BURGER!!

The younger brother if you will...

(downloading pictures)

Thanks Dave!! Take some pictures and we can trade Burger(BACON!!) pron... :D

What's with the egg though? Never heard of that... :shrug:

B

...snniff, you ate the second beurgeur ?? when was that ? lol

sigh.... more non stick.......... I give up......

Send me a pan or STFU!!

JK :D

...snniff, you ate the second beurgeur ?? when was that ? lol

LOL, yesterday. And my fart doesn't smell like garlic, so quit sniffing!! :D

Just having steak tonight (home salad and red wine of course).

*pats belly*

:beer:

B

Well of course you alter it to your personal preferences!! It just so happens that unless you have some obscure aversion to blue veined cheese or avocado, that's a pretty damn good burger... :D

Nothing wrong with mushrooms and swiss! If it isn't repulsive, try sauteed onions under a sauteed (whole) green chili with (pepper) jack cheese on it (bacon optional between the meat and the onions). It's a great flavor!!

That had me and the GF rolling!!

Nice, thanks!! :clap:

I'm a big camembert and brie fan so yes, that sounds delicious!! Roasted garlic and bacon would round that out nicely!!

Just bought some brie today... ;)

That sounds like flank steak. Relatively thin cut, loaded with flavor?? I love to BBQ that...

I'm thinking I have had stilton before, but I don't know that I have bought any. I'll keep my eyes open and try some. I often enjoy what I call "stinky" or "sock" cheese. The thing with cheese is the amazing variety and different things it goes with well. From nachos, to pizza to baked brie and garlic to cold platters with bread, grapes and apples to... You know what I mean.

Mahlzeit!! :beer:

B

well, i give up your second hamburger...mm pretty sure where it is now... and you must be a good cook, actually in suspect you are epicurian ...

there are over 400 different sorts of cheese...in France alone... since you must stand them at rooom temperature...some of them are made to eat... not to smell....

i have a weakness for cooking specialties, i am very enthousiastic when i read those lines, and when i see burgers overlaping my 15 inches screen with gorgonzola, havarty, guacamole... inspiring !!

Send me a pan or STFU!!

JK :D

LOL, yesterday. And my fart doesn't smell like garlic, so quit sniffing!! :D

Just having steak tonight (home salad and red wine of course).

*pats belly*

:beer:

B

red wine ? what kind ? any left ?

ho yes... for the bavette, i think the english term is flank,,, you're right... in order to stay tender it must be blue wich is more than rare, but cooked on the outside...

and for the stilton, resemble to the rockefort, except it is made in Britain ?

and if i sniff... it's because i got a cold...lol hey... we still had snow falling around here with minus 9 and minus 15 in the night...

P.S. thinking of it ...a stand making Garlic, Bacon, Avocado, Gorgonzola with Havarti burgers on a street corner in New York... !! they'd go nuts for that...they are not as green everything as CA... :jig:

http://www.moylans.com/site/pages/pub-menu/ nice menu !!

Edited by Pinip

May I also suggest a nice layer of jalapeno peppers, perhaps in place of the pickles (? - tough call), would be worth while. Not that any of my creations have come close to your masterpiece, but the above suggestion has done me well with onions, and that stand-by lettuce, tomato, onion.

As for Teflon...just kidding :deadhorse:

I always toss'em on a grill - less dishes to clean ;)

Oh yeah - and a pint or few of a good oatmeal stout!!! Save the wine for the un-ground meat IMO.

May I also suggest a nice layer of jalapeno peppers, perhaps in place of the pickles (? - tough call), would be worth while. Not that any of my creations have come close to your masterpiece, but the above suggestion has done me well with onions, and that stand-by lettuce, tomato, onion.

As for Teflon...just kidding :deadhorse:

I always toss'em on a grill - less dishes to clean ;)

Oh yeah - and a pint or few of a good oatmeal stout!!! Save the wine for the un-ground meat IMO.

Chardonnay, Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon with the cheese at the end of the meal ... le trou normand ( calvados) , and for dessert ''une ile flottante''...

Edited by Pinip