How'd ya hear about NPORA

unccpathfinder

How'd ya hear about NPORA  

30 members have voted

1. 1. So how'd ya hear about NPORA?

• Search engine (google,yahoo, msn, etc)
    • word of mouth
    • knew a member convinced me to get a pathy
    • approached by a member on the trail
    • approached by a member on the roads
    • flyer/card/note
    • Other
    • Another forum

Google.

Best answers, tons of info, relatively easy to navigate and, most of all, chilled out people. Made it all very different and a bit more mature than many brands' boards.

Hope the board survives and expands. If not, my guess is it'll be because few people really know about Pathfinders, not because of anything folks here have done. I was just under my Pathy and was very impressed by how clean, straightforward and well-laid out it is. Admittedly, it's been babied but I've seen a lot younger trucks in much worse condition...

Bought a Pathy (instead of a 4 runner; too pricey, worried about the head gasket problem and had owned a D720 that ran flawlessly for 10 years) and needed to replace the clutch immediately. First time with a 4x4 so I googled for info, found NPORA, and never left.

Well, never permanently...

B

i had actually been looking FOR npora since i got my pathy (5 yrs ago or so) and then i gave up for a while, and assumed there were no aftermarket parts for pathy's....

so i got online the other day and saw a video on youtube with the npora link in the descrip, and i was crying with joy!

so far i have put a note on 3 ppl's windsheilds of wd21's and NOONE has come here :(

Heh...SC88 @ hollister..that video doesnt do that waterfall justice either...I wanted to try but after seeing msavies locked the only time i've been to hollister and slide around I didnt even try

Edited by unccpathfinder

Saw a member's videos on youtube , her truck inspired me , had not seen R50 modified and in action before , i inquired about R50 MODS and she directed me to NPORA .

Edited by TheCrow

I either found NPORA through the wd21forums or found the wd21forums through here (pretty sure that was the order *npora>wd21forums*) but ultimately I found the first one using a search engine.

The reason I was looking was the same as B's, bought a Pathfinder while looking for a 4Runner. Went with the Pathy due to price (head gasket "problem" did not scare me :D)

I selected Search Engine, as I was looking around for sites dedicated to Pathfinders, and found Mrjim.net, which was, in a sense, the first incarnation of NPORA.

A year and a half ago I got back from Europe and only had a couple weeks to find a vehicle ready for a lot of KM and winter conditions. Pathfinders were on my short list and I found this site through google while doing my research on them. It definitely helped me to not only decide on a Pathy but to know what to look for when buying.