What’s the longest drive you have ever had in your Pathfinder ?

TheCrow

I have driven it from Qatar to Lebanon 2250 KM , crossed 4 borders , speed was reaching 190 km/h on Saudi international road I have not switched off the engine the entire journey it took me 24hr Non stop to complete my voyage , Oil was still good No shortage no water shortage .

And drive the same way back a round trip of 5000 km excluding the holidays at home

The weather and road conditions varied completely , I started from Qatar 35 Celsius , KSA temperature was getting higher during the day and dropping to -2 Celsius at night with open dry roads , speed reaching 190 km/h

Reaching Lebanon to face slippery icy roads and storms , Paty was ready to handle any terrain and weather condition we travelled together off with a full load .

The Negative points I had noticed :

Having an XE-S model without cruise control was a pain in the leg driving these long distances .

Patty was noisy on the desert open roads u could feel the wind leaking from the windows , can’t say she was air tight ;)

Well, that makes my drive from Toronto to Rausch Creek look like nothing! That drive is just over 600km each way. Pathy was great... but didn't care much for all the hills in Pennsylvania.

700 Mi from seatlle to san francisco (1400 round trip) done that a few times. and when I was growing up we used to take the pathy from San Francisco to LA once or twice a year. so its been on allot of 8+ hour drives in its early years and a few 12-14+ hour drives in its older age.

but when post #1 says 24hours; thats a tough act to follow

Edited by MY1PATH

24 hrs straight from kitchener to sarasota florida. i think it's close to 2400kms

for the CNTC adventure weekend, i will put on close to 1500kms, but that's over a few days

Edited by nige

From here in Columbus, OH to Ft. Meyers Beach, FL, via Harlan County, KY then back a week later. Direct route (that I drove back) is 18hrs drive time, with stops for food and gas it took 22hrs. coming back. Took me 6hr to get to Harlan on the way down, and 18hr to get to FL from there.

I have had my 2003 since new, have clocked up nearly 160000Km (100000 Miles), of that about 65000 Kms towing a caravan (Camper trailer).

Have travelled twice across Australia, from Perth up to Brisbane and return with the caravan.

I am currently running on LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas)

Cheers,

Colin

I have had my 2003 since new, have clocked up nearly 160000Km (100000 Miles), of that about 65000 Kms towing a caravan (Camper trailer).

Have travelled twice across Australia, from Perth up to Brisbane and return with the caravan.

I am currently running on LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas)

Cheers,

Colin

Is that like a pop-up tent trailer? How did it tow for you? Do you tow in overdrive or not?

Thanks.

What’s the longest drive you have ever had in your Pathfinder ?

Carolina Beach NC to California City CA which is right at 2600 miles in the 95...i've made the drive from Charlotte, NC to Cal city in a 22' Penske towing the 87 pathy on a flatbed behind which was about 2300 miles

I used to drive 700 miles a week in the 95 for over a year just to and from work (put over 50K miles on her in 1 year)

between my 2 trucks I believe I have somewhere about 140k miles driving a pathy

I went from Salem, Oregon to Merced, California. *looks on Google Maps*

652 miles. Just over 10 hours. 1050 kilometers.

Or:

1,147,520 yards.

3,442,560 feet.

41,310,720 inches.

1,050,000 meters.

105,000,000 centimeters.

1,050,000,000 millimeters.

Heh.

Is that like a pop-up tent trailer? How did it tow for you? Do you tow in overdrive or not?

Thanks.

It is a Pop-Up, but only the top 18 Inches is canvas, the rest is solid.

All up Weight about 1800 Kgs.

It towed fine, only problem, on some of the steeper grades, had to switch back to normal Petrol (Gasolene).

Cheers,

Colin

uhmm only home-work work-home eventually market or local park

I still don´t trust enough traveling so far alone as I live alone and wife so we don´t have family near to travel with and travel alone just not my style and Still many things to repair and fix on my pathy I believe before I can go anywhere I have to finish them.

pfft travelling by yourself is tons of fun, you have the freedom to do what you want on a whim. I'd have never gone to Sweden, or a couple small towns in the Czech Republic if I'd been travelling with someone else, and those were once in a lifetime opportunities for me.

As long as you have a destination, no matter how unimportant it is, the trip can be fun :D

But I hear you on the repairs. That long trip I posted above involved uninentionally leaving part of my exhaust in a pothole in Canmore (Town in the Canadian Rocky Mountains), and I did all 1500km knowing that my CV boot had already been ripped for a good 3 months and hoping that the joint didn't decide to implode at any point in that trip.