Little highschool runts tried to steal my KC's!

beavis0076

I got home today and was checking my email... hadn't been home 10 min and the windows were down in my pathfinder... and the garage door was open. I see a carr pull slowly past my house and 2 scrawny guys come sneaking up the side of my driveway looking all sketchy.... I go out to see what the %$#@ was going on and they were trying to pull my rack off with my Daylighters off for their P.O.S. Honda Pilot. I run after them as they sprint to their running car and apparenly all of my beer muscles are not up to snuff so I couldn't catch them.... I will keep working out by drinking so i can catch them next time. BUT... i did get their plate # and the cops did go to their house and talk to their daddy.... maybe they are grounded now?? Cops said they couldn't do anything because they didnt actuall take my lights.....

Now I'm kinda glad I didnt catch them... or I might be the one in jail.. I was Pissed!!!

Well, sorry for the rant.... but I had to vent!

now I think i will go look at how to better secure my lights..... sigh.... and I will be camped out by my window all night ready.... :ar15:

2127955290104806154S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by beavis0076

That sucks. I remember someone took some of those lawn marker things and my mom got in the car and followed them to their house. That was like 10 years ago though.

I see you're in washington. You sure it wasn't kingman who took them :P

Edited by adamzan

That sucks. I remember someone took some of those lawn marker things and my mom got in the car and followed them to their house. That was like 10 years ago though.

I see you're in washington. You sure it wasn't kingman who took them :P

Naa.. they were wearing tye dyes.. not confed flags! hahahahah :laugh:

Naa.. they were wearing tye dyes.. not confed flags! hahahahah :laugh:

That and I've give more cred to Kingman than to try stealing from a fellow NPORA member. :aok:

Tye dye? You sure they weren't driving a beat-up DeLorean from the 80's? :lol:

That sucks, I hate people like that. P...

That exact thing is something I think about all the time, especially since I have been adding more and more parts to my truck.

Yes, it almost takes the fun out of stuff.. the more you love your car the more you worry about its safety..... sometimes its fun to buy a beater and not give a crap... I slightly had that in mind when I bought this... I was tired of parking my nice car at the end of the lot.... trouble is I park this at the end of the lot too, and I rarely drive my nice car anymore. Maybe I should buy an R50 so I dont have to give a crap.... :new576: .... LMFAO!!! :jk:

Edited by beavis0076

Ugh...reminds me of the time I lost a whole Yakima rack setup off the roof of my old Datsun 210. Someone came by and used a damn screwdriver to pry the rack clips off and took it all.

Bottom line: make it secure so nobody will think to themselves, "That looks really easy to take off", coz they'll try it when you least expect it.

One thing you can do, put a little weld "bubble" at the end of the threads on the mount bolts, no one will be able to remove it without cutting. If you put a small enough bump on there you can always use a thread die to recut the thread to get the bolt off yourself.

Since I have moved to seattle, I have no access to a welder. But i put screws though everything I could and then stripped them.... hope I never have to take it off... lmao!!!

Edited by beavis0076

Next time they try, shoot 'em in the ass with a pellet gun! Or the little darts that you can put in certain ones.

It's always fun to watch people run away with darts in their ass.

i've always been worried about someone stealing my synthetic winch line. that stuff was expensive and it's pretty easy to steal. turn the lever to free spool, pull the line off and cut the end. I haven't been able to figure out how to prevent someone from doing that.

Next time they try, shoot 'em in the ass with a pellet gun! Or the little darts that you can put in certain ones.

It's always fun to watch people run away with darts in their ass.

if it were texas you could shoot them with a .30-06 :D

i've always been worried about someone stealing my synthetic winch line. that stuff was expensive and it's pretty easy to steal. turn the lever to free spool, pull the line off and cut the end. I haven't been able to figure out how to prevent someone from doing that.

Fab up a little metal plate on a hinge to close over it and somehow attach a lock to it

That does totally suck to have your sh*t messed with. I've had a few cars broken into in my day and if I had caught the punks I think all I would've done is cut off their thumbs....

-Colby

I can't believe I read over these first few!

I see you're in washington. You sure it wasn't kingman who took them

HEY!!! :redfinder:

Naa.. they were wearing tye dyes.. not confed flags! hahahahah

:lol:

That and I've give more cred to Kingman than to try stealing from a fellow NPORA member

Why thank you! :hugs:

Trespassing/destruction

When I lived at home these kids in an old square late 90's Cavilier would ride by and smash my Dad's reflectors in the front yard...really pissed me off watching him just go out and replace them like he was old and beat down. So, at the time I was 17 with 19" arms & 47" chest!! Te-he he, I hid in the front bushes with my aluminum batt and charged their car shirtless after about 100 push ups...when they came down the street all you could here is holy sh** go go go !!

Good times...

I feel ya on the beer muscles, thas all I got left! Just remember you are probably wiser than them I say snare them in a trap and cut off their thumbs like Colby said!!! F@** 'em.

Edited by 02silverpathy