Glove compartment poll

Pezzy

Do you keep gloves in your glove box?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. The percentage of US car owners who keep gloves in their glove compartment: 0

• Yes
    • No

I just read on someone's twitter feed:

The percentage of US car owners who keep gloves in their glove compartment: 0

Made me laugh out loud, although it's not entirely surprising to me. I don't think I have ever considered storing my gloves (mittens actually) in there... I have rubber gloves in my first aid kit, and mechanics gloves in my tool bag... but none in the glove box!!

What about you?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuses, napkins, cologne, screwdriver, spare bulbs, registration and insurance, taco bell fire sauce packets, probably a plastic spoon or fork, spare oxygen sensor, chargers, reciepts, sunglasses, change, cigars, bullets and shotgun shells, fishing luirs, deck of cards, knives, flashlight or two, my ex's makeup stuff... But no gloves!!!

no gloves. have graphic equalizer, 3 way emergency light, truck reg, spare pack of smokes, post it notes and a pen... also a spare lighter. that is all. no gloves ... hell, it doesn't get COLD enuff out here for gloves.....

Lets see what I have in the pathfinder glove box

Insurance/reg papers, hollister hills ohv map, bunch of spare lugnuts, the electric cig lighter, spare turn signal bulb and some condoms (gotta go prepared!)

No gloves though! :D

some condoms (gotta go prepared!)

condoms are gloves.....just not for your hands :new576:

in mine i have registration papers, about 20 assorted pens and pencils, some CD's, a phone charger, and occasionally my glock. I did carry some gloves in there a couple of winters ago, but not any longer.

condoms I keep in my centre console.

and some condoms (gotta go prepared!)

How old are those??

No gloves here. Just all the random crap I don't want people in my truck seeing. I keep it locked all the time too.

About 18 years ago I was driving home from night school in my Plymouth Fury when I get pulled over by some Sheriffs.

1 came up on to my window and asked for my license, reg and proof of insurance.

"Ok, let me get it" and I reached over and opened the glove box.

That's when #2 standing by the rear passenger door turned on his flashlight pointed at the glove box. Nicely done, I never saw him.

As I retrieved the papers and passed them to #1, #2 said "Cite him for 17B42 (or something)"

"What is 17B42?" I asked.

"Lack of gloves in glove box." said #1 with a straight face. (now I'm guessing it was a code for 'nothing suspicious')

Great, I'm pulled over by Laurel and Hardy...

#1 tells me he pulled me over because I had no tail lights what so ever. I had no idea and asked how that could happen. He said it could be a fuse and when I offered to try to fix it, he said "The side of the road is not the place to work on your car. I'm going to write you a fix-it ticket. I'll be right back." (fair enough, it was a busy 4 lane road)

While he was writing the ticket, I pulled the fuse panel, located the 'tail light' fuse and it was burnt. I dug a pack of fuses out of the glove box and replaced it.

#1 came back, had me sign the ticket and explained that any officer could sign it off when the repairs were made and shown to be functional.

OK!!!

I turned on the ignition and the lights and I saw my tail lights glare on the windshield of the cop car so I got out and said "Excuse me officer..."

#1 looked at me, the tail lights and frowned.

"I have this fix-it ticket and I'm wondering if you could sign it off. You can see they work..." as I held it out to him.

He stared at me for a moment, then laughed and reached for the ticket and signed it off. I told him this had never happened before but when he said 'fuse' I knew that I had spares so I changed it while he was writing the ticket because I didn't want to get pulled over again in the next 15 miles to home.

"Fair enough..." was his reply and I use it to this day.

True story...

I still don't have any gloves in there though. The needed paper work, pens, spare sun glasses, maps, flashlight, batteries, etc but no gloves...

B

Hahaha

Nah, I just have a habit of grabbing as many as I can when I go to the junkyard and stuffing them in my pockets :lol:

At least it's not off other people's cars...

I keep my bacon in there.

lol..

how about a gun?

but i have had gloves in my glove box... but it tends to store junk from trips i take.. you know, maps, brochures, postcards, etc.. one of these days i may move my ecu in there though.