Cruise control Question

msavides

Well I have had my pathfinder for about 2 years and the pathfinder before that for 4 years and I never noticed this.

My friend drove my pathfinder the other night and he said he thought there was something wrong with my cruise control. When he used the turn signal the cruise control would cancel. Under further investigation if you have the turn signal on the cruise will not set.

This is obviously a feature but for the life of my I don't know why. And I guess I am one of those A-holes who do not signal on the freeway otherwise I would have discovered this years ago.

Anyone else know about this?

Edited by msavides

Wow....I've never noticed that on either of my 95's......and I typically signal my changes......I'll have to investigate that further....

That is odd. I'm certain my last 95xe didn't do that but I have yet to set cruise on the new 95xe. I'll see if I can try it on the way home...

B

You also have different controls, 93 and older had the controls on the turn signal lever.

WOW! glad I am not the only one who has not noticed this.. Or perhaps mine is messed up for some reason. Give a post back and let me know if yours exhibits the same behavior.

Mark

mine works just fine when the signal is engaged, the only thing it doesn't do is keep a consistent speed. When engaged it will slow down slightly, and then accelerate to just above the speed I've set it at. This especially happens on roads with slight gradients.

my controls are on the steering wheel and I don't have any issues other than it not working after an accident due to some idiot not connecting a hose to the actuator.

What's the difference in the controls through the years? My '87 has the controls on the blinker lever and dash switch, but mine doesn't shut off or do anything when I signal.

Mine is a 1991 and it is on the column with the turn signal. well if someone can confirm that has the same year that would help before I go tearing it apart to fix a problem that is not broken.

Mark

You also have different controls, 93 and older had the controls on the turn signal lever.

Good point. I know the dash difference, but didn't consider cruise control location. You have them on the signal lever? How archaic!! :D

B

Good point. I know the dash difference, but didn't consider cruise control location. You have them on the signal lever? How archaic!! :D

B

Only button that belongs on a steering wheel is a horn button! :stickwack:

Why is it always GG whos comments tend to be the thoughts I keep quiet?

lol, at least someone is out here voicing an opinion others are afraid to admit they have right?

BTW, B, some idiot Chrysler enginerd put cruise buttons and a bomb in my van's steering wheel, damn retards.

Not afraid of the reaction, just the fact someone else is on the same brainwaves as me. Chrysler did that dumb setup alot actually. And people get awards for designing stuff.....

Ok then something is obviously screwy with mine. I will be sure to post up when and if I find out what is wrong. I think I would have noticed this if it had been going on for 6 years. I think it must have just started happening. Being in California I don't get a chance to use my cruise control that often.

Mark

My cruise control just straight up stopped working. The light comes on on the switch when i hit it but it wont set. Happened around the same time my horn stopped working. Well at least I have to have my steering wheel turned all the way around for it to honk. Not that this would help you though.

My cruise control just straight up stopped working. The light comes on on the switch when i hit it but it wont set. Happened around the same time my horn stopped working. Well at least I have to have my steering wheel turned all the way around for it to honk. Not that this would help you though.

Your problem is probably the contact ring on the column, or the contact wheel on the steering wheel.

Ok. I am not crazy. It turns out that This problem occurred when I replaced all my signal bulbs with LEDs. I will have to experiment with pulling them out and testing that my cruise starts working properly. I have a feeling that it also has to do with my trailer wiring since it has to combine the brake lights and the turn signals into one. so I will have to test removing the diode pack for the trailer wiring. This is probably a combination of both the LED's and the Diode pack. I will have to weight whether this slight cruise control problem is worth removing the leds/removing the diode pack. I hardly use the cruise control anyways and I generally do not change lanes a lot when I am using cruise. If I have to change lanes a lot then I probably should not be using my cruise control to begin with. The fact that it took someone else to discover the problem tells me that I can live with this little issue. I am still curious as to what is making this happen so i will investigate and probably put it back and live with it.

Mark