Pathy 3 link SAS build

Its sitting on tires now! Only 32's but will get 35's soon... school's starting tommorow, so no working on it during the weekdays. BOO!

DSCF1091.jpg

DSCF1092.jpg

DSCF1093.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, finally getting some time to work on it. Made up a front driveshaft, its a hard body driveshaft with one yoke removed from the tube. I then could tell what size tube it was and found out its 2 inch .125 wall ERW. I flipped open the rockford catalog and ordered a centering yoke assembly for it and jacked a 1310 cv from a bronco driveshaft.I put it all together and bolted it to the truck and trued it up. I got it within 5 thousands. Tack welded it then full welded. Its about 25 inches collapsed and 29 inches extended... perfect.

DSCF1100.jpg

DSCF1101.jpg

I don't think i will need to get it balanced. Its so true that i cant even notice any runout.

Check out my patented Ghetto Cheapo crossmember!!!!! I think it will hold.

DSCF1102.jpg

I gots me FWD! Yea, no more poser status for me biatches!

DSCF1105.jpg

DSCF1109.jpg

Yea, yea, i know... prolly needs some triagulation. I'll add some later.

Check out my patented Ghetto Cheapo crossmember!!!!! I think it will hold.

DSCF1102.jpg

I gots me FWD! Yea, no more poser status for me biatches!

Yea, yea, i know... prolly needs some triagulation. I'll add some later.

I have seen a lot worst (and had to rebuild a few that were).

Got a couple more things done.... haven't started on the rear suspension because i just don't have the parts and materials yet.... just no time to do anything either.

Another patented ghetto part! my custom y-pipe. so sad......

DSCF1111.jpg

I also swapped in a full detroit locker in the 3rd im going to be swapping in to my rear diff.

DSCF1113.jpg

I started on the rear long arm today, got a few things done...

I took the stock link arms out. Stock upper is less than 11 inches long and stock lower is 21 inches long. I'm going to reuse the lowers as uppers and the uppers as lowers but cutting them in half and extending them with dom tubing.

DSCF1114.jpg

Well hell! Scratch the reusing the uppers idea.... maybe this is why i had a weird clunking noise some times.... i guess flexing and wheeling alot will do that to the short uppers. I have plans for new lowers... you'll see....

DSCF1118.jpg

I removed the stock frame link mounts, poor things are less than 1/8 inch steel and the rocks have killed em.

DSCF1119.jpg

I have a remedy for that! (no my hand is not deformed, my thumb just looks weird for some reason)

DSCF1124.jpg

New upper crossmember and link mounts mocked up.

DSCF1123.jpg

More to come later!

Edited by yozsi

Upper crossmember is built and installed! This thing is BEEF. I don't think its gonna bend or do anything.

Completed crossmember ready to be installed....

DSCF1125.jpg

Installed and completely burned in. The tubing is welded on all sides including the bottom wings. It's solid.

DSCF1126.jpg

DSCF1127.jpg

Kinda scary welding near fuel lines!

DSCF1128.jpg

Rest of the pics.

DSCF1129.jpg

DSCF1130.jpg

DSCF1131.jpg

DSCF1132.jpg

Just hope they are full of fuel, not vapors and that you don't arc it. :crossedwires:

Hopefully he tried to cover them with something at least. I don't know if that would make any difference though. Looking awesome man.

Nope, didn't cover em or make sure they were full of fuel. Just made sure i was ready to weld it and burned it in. Kinda hard to get into a tight spot like that when you are using a 300 amp gun.

yozsi what did you do for your front driveshaft that hte only thing i have left to figure out and do. lol

I made my own, look at post 77 and 78 on page 4.

Here's some teaser pics, i know they are poser but it was 9pm and it has a straight pipe at the moment. It handles like crap, need to be lowered in the front, has alot of front axle jacking and throttle steer. Its only on 32's right now. Flexes really well tho.

DSCF1159.jpg

DSCF1156.jpg

DSCF1155.jpg

DSCF1157.jpg

DSCF1166-1.jpg

DSCF1165-1.jpg

....and about $10 worth of black Rust-oleum for that frame.

Looks good though.

Yeah I was gonna say, might wanna reinforce and paint that, unless it's just surface rust.

But that is sexay. If I ever sas my truck, I'll hire you to do it.

Because you care. :tongue:

Lol, i do, and this is not a finished project. i think so much other stuff will be modded that eventually the whole frame will get a coating of spray paint.

Lol, i do, and this is not a finished project. i think so much other stuff will be modded that eventually the whole frame will get a coating of spray paint.

once alll is done why not have it undercoated instead of spray painted.

once alll is done why not have it undercoated instead of spray painted.

Cause that cost money and then it will have that thick nasty stuff all over the place. i'm really not scared of the rust or how it will look.

Cause that cost money and then it will have that thick nasty stuff all over the place. i'm really not scared of the rust or how it will look.

You could get the cheap .99 Walmart flat black, but I can tell you it doesn't last very long.

My truck is by no means a beauty queen, but a 10 minute paint job makes one hell of a diffence.

Either way, you're not going to do much to inhibit rust now. The frame seems to rot from the inside-out.

A fresh coat would do well to compliment that sweet SAS outfit though.