Pathy 3 link SAS build

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come more guys don't move the steering box forward?

I was going to move mine. But after flexing out the suspension with no coils or shocks. I could not get the steering tres to bind in any scenario. Full droop hard left and hard right. My drag link is not perpendicular to the frame rails. But its seems to work just fine.

One thing to remember with radius or link suspension the wheel travel arc is away body as wheel travels up. Unlike IFS or SOA leafs. My axle is maybe 1" forward of stock.

Very nice. Almost exactly how I did it. I just added some scrap steel under the right side tab to connect to frame.

Like i said, out of everyone else's builds i liked yours the best. I think the right tab will be fine like that... its not going anywhere. lol

this is going to sound kinda stupid but all the holes along the side of the CS hoops are for fasteners correct or no? if yes what do they connect to?

If they carry any good amount of load I would probably want to have at least an edge distance of 4D to hopefully prevent any cracking/shear out...

Looks good so far

this is going to sound kinda stupid but all the holes along the side of the CS hoops are for fasteners correct or no? if yes what do they connect to?

If they carry any good amount of load I would probably want to have at least an edge distance of 4D to hopefully prevent any cracking/shear out...

Looks good so far

I don't think you understand how beef these pieces are.... everything is 1/4 plate. that coil bucket is going no where with 4, 9/16" bolts.

There actually 1/2 bolt holes spaced apart for easy height adjustment. Better and stronger than any coilovers IMO.

hmm, i wonder why 9/16th inch hardware works perfectly in them.

Thats wierd. I had to re drill every hole on all 4 pieces with a 1/2 bit. They were a little tight.

The website still says .5

Adjustable coil bucket for coils up to 5.75" wide. Allows for up to 5" of vertical adjustment. Cut from 1/4" plate steel. Holes drilled for .5" bolts (not included). For use with 5.5" wide Jeep TJ springs. Includes 2 brackets. Part # 1049

Finished up the passengers side too, I plated this side with 3/16ths instead of 1/4 because the panhard bar mount doesnt tie into this side of the frame...

DSCF1320.jpg

DSCF1321.jpg

DSCF1322.jpg

I don't think you understand how beef these pieces are.... everything is 1/4 plate. that coil bucket is going no where with 4, 9/16" bolts.

Thats y I was asking what kind of loads the bolts would see...for me the close hole pattern would worry me until I ran out the calcs to verify it wasn't going to break but thats just me...i was just stating that the holes are pretty close together and if you have a shear out into the next hire hole i has potential to be ugly

Look'n good!

Let me know when you are ready to get that axle together so i can help you get what you need.

Solid Axle Industries just started putting 30 spline stub shafts in thier front end kits. they also said they will press in nissan wheel studs for the nissan guys, that way you can run the same lugs on the front a rear.

For info on the front end kit is here:

http://blog.ruggedrocksoffroad.com/2008/07...-front-end-kit/

I can put a package together for you too if you need hubs, shafts, gears, etc.

i'm looking forward to seeing another solid axle nissan out there!

if you can , you should head out to the Nissan West Coast Meet in late october!

Look'n good!

Let me know when you are ready to get that axle together so i can help you get what you need.

Solid Axle Industries just started putting 30 spline stub shafts in thier front end kits. they also said they will press in nissan wheel studs for the nissan guys, that way you can run the same lugs on the front a rear.

For info on the front end kit is here:

http://blog.ruggedrocksoffroad.com/2008/07...-front-end-kit/

I can put a package together for you too if you need hubs, shafts, gears, etc.

i'm looking forward to seeing another solid axle nissan out there!

if you can , you should head out to the Nissan West Coast Meet in late october!

well, what sucks is that i have everything already, alloy axles, hubs, brakes, everything.... i just found out my inner c's are toast... looks like im screwed on the axle... or i gotta find another pair of inner c's.

Ehh, progress stalled a little because i'm waiting on a set of inner c's from BRC out of yuba city. I got a couple progress pics i guess..

Bent ass inner c's.

DSCF1334.jpg

bare axle housing.

DSCF1347.jpg

welded up frame axle link brackets/ coil retainer/ shock mount

DSCF1346.jpg

comparison between HD Moog ZJ springs and 5.5 inch bronco linears.

DSCF1342.jpg

Look on the bright side, you can go ahead and clock the axel while you are at it, save some drive line vibe. :aok:

uhh, why do you think i took the inner c's off to begin with? LOL

I have been in a toss about how to mount the upper link bracket to the center section... i didn't just want to weld the bracket to the center with ni-99 rod, but wanted something stronger. I decided to make a truss with 1/4 inch plate and build from there. Here it is in its preliminary stages.

Bent it twice here, just mocking it up... i did everything by eye. Used a square and filler rod to make bends the correct angles.

DSCF1372.jpg

3 bends

DSCF1373.jpg

making the last bend in my home made press brake.

DSCF1375.jpg

basically done, how it might look like but with more gusseting and maybe not as tall.

DSCF1378.jpg

Nice work. I like that press brake. I need to make one for mine.

Its easier if you do the upper link last. This is what I did. The coil mounts first with the axle sitting at desired caster or Pumpkin pointing up about 15deg, since you dont havethe Cs in yet. Then did track bar. Then upper link last.

I started another 3 link with a ruffstuff axle truss. My buddy bought this huge 2 piece truss. We decided to only use half per axle.

$109 for 2 pieces.

truss_inner_mocked.jpg

The other piece.

truss_outer_mocked.jpg

I am going to build all 4 mounts at my place on his axle. Then take the axle to his place and install.

Nice work. I like that press brake. I need to make one for mine.

Its easier if you do the upper link last. This is what I did. The coil mounts first with the axle sitting at desired caster or Pumpkin pointing up about 15deg, since you dont havethe Cs in yet. Then did track bar. Then upper link last.

I started another 3 link with a ruffstuff axle truss. My buddy bought this huge 2 piece truss. We decided to only use half per axle.

$109 for 2 pieces.

truss_inner_mocked.jpg

The other piece.

truss_outer_mocked.jpg

I am going to build all 4 mounts at my place on his axle. Then take the axle to his place and install.

Yea, saw that on the d22 page.... That thing is huge, plus i built my crappy truss for a few bucks, haha. The reason i am making all this stuff is because im waiting on my inner c's. Cant do much fab work until i can see exactly hou much room i have for the link mounts and coil spring retainer.

Hey Yozsi,

I don't mean to get tooo off topic but, What are you doing for your rear suspension?

I'm also going with 5.5 inch EB coils and doing long arms( lowers as uppers and upper sleeved with 1.75 dom .25 wall to extend them as lowers. Rear is the easy part. Thats why i left it out. lol