Engine Restore

89pathfinder

Has anybody here tried using Engine Restore when they are changing their oil? What it does is fill in microsopic leaks in your cylider walls. Ive only changed my oil once since i have gotten it and put restore in once. I didnt really notice a difference but supposibly its supposed to be like an overhaul in a can.

http://www.restoreusa.com/

call me crazy but I have reservations about adding anything to my crankcase that is designed to bond to the cylinder walls.

FYI, your oil already has stuff in it designed to do exactly that!

that's why I never add any oil either.

ps... anyone have any idea what that grinding sound coming from my engine is?

I used that stuff a couple of times on my 87 4cyl with 225k I did not think that there was any change. I started to use BG products and i am now using an oil additive from them called MOA. The only thing I can tell is less oil consumption. I believe that it is designed only to restore engine seals.....

I dont know if any of them actually work like they say they do....

Matthew

many "magic oil leak fix" products have a chemical designed to swell the rubber seals. Over time, these degrade, shrink, become hard etc. The additive puffs up the rubber and temporarily seals better.

Yep, just in smaller dosage.

Anymore the only thing I use besides oil is Seafoam. I'll dump a little in just before I do an oil change to try and help free up any grime.

i've been using restore for years with every oil change, i definitely noticed a difference in my S-10, and the pathy a tad.

it's all about personal preference....... i prefer to use it :tongue:

Anymore the only thing I use besides oil is Seafoam. I'll dump a little in just before I do an oil change to try and help free up any grime.

im afriad to dump anything in that would actually CLEAN my engine! at 250K miles i think my engine is being held together by gunk and thats whats stopping any oil leaks :tongue: