Dog lovers

canucklehead

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading about Casey T,'s loss I figured maybe i could start a thread to find out what kind of dogs people have b/c they say a dog resembles their owner. let's find out.. Oh and Casey, sorry again ,I know how hard it is to lose one. I lost one a month ago. and was very very very sad for days. So i went out and got another one!! So now I have a 5 year old Black Lab/with a tiny bit of pitbull mix. and a German Shepard puppy. what does everybody else have????

Out here in the Denver area they just passed a law about pit-bulls whereas you have to actually have insurance on the dog and in some counties you cannot have new pit bulls only ones that were grandfathered in before the law passed. I have to say i agree those dogs cause too much trouble. I am kinda biast as my sweet Josie is a black lab with pit bull mix. but it is not much her dad was only like a third pit. so Josie is mainly black lab. and she is a great dog friendly and playful as can be until she is threatened by another dog. then all he!! breaks loose. At my old house i lived with three other guys and one day my buddy brought home a St. Bernard that he agreed to take care of for two weeks without telling me about first. Well me and Josie came home (not knowing the St Bernard was in the house close to josies food) and that was it they immediately went at it hardcore. Now Josie is 90 lbs and the St. Bernard was bigger so you can imagine what it looked like.... Ofcourse my roommates would not help me get them apart so it was all me. finally i got them apart and josie outside. things were not good there was blood all over the place. I checked out josie while my buddy checked out the st bernard turns out the bernard had a hole in its head and a serious gash on the back of it's neck. Josie had a little cut on the nose and that is it. So we had to take the bernard to the vet since it was bleeding pretty badly out of it's head since the owner of the bernard was out of town i floated the bill So the owner of the bernard comes back from vacation finds out what happened. and tried to stiff me for the vet bill ($350.00)saying it was my fault. I was pissed, we argued for a week or so then agreed i would pay a third of it. i was just happy to be done with the whole situation. wow sorry to ramble. :type:

Currently we have a miniature dachsund (Rocky) and a border collie/beagle mix (Oreo). Oreo loves to go with my son and I when we hit the trails. He'll sit in the back and stare out the back window on the way there and back, but when it's trail time he'll sit down low with his front legs spread out wide for balance. He doesn't even seem to mind the times he gets air over the rough stuff :laugh:

We also used to have an australian cattle dog but she fell victim to parvo as well. :sniff:

well.. we lost kelly in january this year (mogies sister) so now there's mogie (chow mix) here in the US and i have my beloved jake who is now 11. he's a long coat german shepherd and i watched him being born. i miss him terribly but he's better off in englnad with steve who loves him as much as me (we were a couple til i moved back to the US and he also saw jake being born)

i watch all the hours n hours of video i have of jake and my other 2 long coats and i cry. i miss him so much. he is happy n healthy tho and that's what counts.

charlotte is my baby gurl here, she turned 7 in feb, she's 1/2 st bernard 1/2 german shepherd and she's currently on a friends 20 acre ranch livin it up with a black lab as there is stupid pit here and charlotte likes to fight if any agression at all is shown to her or me...... (the pit is actually laid back and friendly.. but ya never know)

• 6 months later...

I've seen way too many cat threads on here. I think it's time for the dogs to get their well-deserved recognition. P...

This is Mack. He's a smooth coat German wire-haired pointer. His hobbies include barking, sleeping, farting, barking some more, eating law cigars and barking. His love interest is a white five pound "purse dog" next door whom he saved from being eaten by the local coyotes.

And he is a bird dog. He had a bit of a baptism by fire last year on a pheasant hunt.

P2170214.jpg

"Whew! Somebody change that Glade Plug-In"

Why is it that every dog likes to sleep upside down like that putting their goods on display for the whole world? It's amazing. :shrug:

Nice lookin dogs :aok:

BTW, love the avatar. They wifey?? sly

Edited by Oliver

Why is it that every dog likes to sleep upside down like that putting their goods on display for the whole world?  It's amazing.  :shrug:

Nice lookin dogs :aok:

You're right about that...

DSCN0256.jpg

doja1-1.jpg

Here's Doja as a puppy.

DSCN0106.jpg

Cats are cool and all, but they just aren't obediant. I have a yellow lab that is now 17 years old. He is still going strong and if I say stop, he stops. If I say run, he runs etc. Dogs are just better...I could never see myself taking a cat to go hunting or camping :lol:

I have a 2 1/2 y/o black lab, german shepard and doberman mix....she's starting to get very protective, especially of my daughter. my wife had 2 cats, but they are gone now. I dont really care for cats and they was in the house...cats are only good for one thing...target practise..lol