Best Place to Fire Extinguisher

WRL69

What about right where the drivers seat belt goes into the wall?.... Right below that spot maybe? Flip the seat forward and grab it... Or in the back, on the hatch door right next to the window, on that pillar...? Flip the glass hatch switch, run back and grab it off the pillar.. I dono?

Depends on how easy access you want it. I had originally thought about putting the one in my 93 on the back end of the center console, but it interfeared with folding te seat bottoms in the rear forward. On my 88 I have it mounted to the subframe under the rear seats (rear seats and carpet removed). On the 93 I ended up putting it behind the spare tire rack on the cargo side panel.

I have seen a couple people mount them on the passenger side of the tranny hump. Rode in a Frontier with one mounted there, wasn't too intrusive.

I have seen a couple people mount them on the passenger side of the tranny hump. Rode in a Frontier with one mounted there, wasn't too intrusive.

yeah, that's where i plan putting mine. anywhere else seems to hard to reach or it will take too long.. vehicular fires are so quick.

yeah, that's where i plan putting mine. anywhere else seems to hard to reach or it will take too long.. vehicular fires are so quick.

Mine is also on the tranny hump on the passenger side. I used to have it attached to the plastic just beside the rear hatch window. Depending on where the fire is, I realized that day that there was no time to get out and run to the back and grab it as the Pathy need to be stopped. I was trying to put out the fire as I was still braking to a stop. My feet were doing quite the dance.

My carpet on the drivers side floor boards caught fire and then quickly spread as it started going up my aftermarket light wires and conduit and then into the dash. This was during a steep hill climb on the highway. My heat shield that goes above the flange on the exhaust below the gas pedal was missing. I've since replaced and have had no problems with heat.

i have mine in the rear screwed into the speaker housing its the typical household extinguisher about 14in tall. Doesn't move and easily accessable even if the truck is full of cargo.

Scott

I have the same set up --works well

Guest SuperSon

best place would be in front of your seat like slicks but mounted :D

Too bad nobody makes a remote kit where you can run tubings with the spray nozzle on the end and mount about 3 in the cab and one in the engine compartment :idea:

Superson Might have something there. they make similar systems for cammercial kitchens....the only expensive part would be the chemical.....

I also recall seeing something like that in Jegs for dragsters.....should be relatively easily to plumb the system to cover more than a carb. :idea:

Too bad nobody makes a remote kit where you can run tubings with the spray nozzle on the end and mount about 3 in the cab and one in the engine compartment :idea:

that'd be sweet albait expensive. press one button and the truck fills with foam.. nice, :D