Secret Compartments?

~Ben~

Has anyone ever built or found a place to hide stuff in their pathfinder? Whether its cash, or house keys or illegal substances ( :shiftyeyes: ), I'm just wondering if anyone has one of these places. Ideally, building a safe underneath the car somewhere would be best, but that could take a lot of welding and you'd definitely proper placement so you don't mess anything underneath the car up.

Anyone done this or had ideas for this?

After having seen cars literally ripped apart at the boarder crossing at San Yosidro, I can honesty advise that nothing is safe from law enforcement.

If you've got something illegal to transport, your biggest worry should be yourself. You (mannerisms, speech, etc.) will be the first sign to a policeman that something is wrong, and you won't be able to hide anything from the dogs.

So just stay cool and lock everything in your glove box like a normal, law-abiding citizen.

Edited by crazyhayseed

Not a pathfinder but one of my current roommates (or so he says) ran drugs for a summer durring highschool. They had an old datsun with a 350 and modified bed with compartments underneath. After loading up on whatever they would carry dirt or barkdust was put in the bed to further hide the compartments.

I've actually heard of people hiding stuff in the tubes running between the frame rails.

I'm sure most stock places are known to cops/border guards. If you're lazy, then I've found almost all the interior comes out fairly easy and theres a lot of room behind the back panels of my R50, but that won't do a whole lot if they get the dogs out.

The closest I have seen to a "secret" hiding place in my R50 is that shallow well under the rear cargo area, accessible by lifting up the carpet. In my opinion almost useless due to its size and the fact you have to remove whatever is in the back to be able to get at it.

And the border guards know all the "secret" places as we humans are not very imaginative when it comes to that sort of thing. If you think of it, sure enough some else already has and was caught.

On the right rear corner of the truck where the amps go is the perfect spot for me. There's a nice little plastic door and the hole goes down pretty deep. I don't know about it being a good stash to hide from cops but it's a good place to hide things from thieves. I don't know why people break into my car so often. I have done nothing to make it stand out and always park it next to nice Mercedes, Jags, Acuras, etc. So tired of replacing broken windows.

In the fuse box door isnt a bad spot. If your talking about an illegal substance, putting a baggy of something in your gas door, just wrap it around the gas cap or something works aswell. If your in a rush to hide something quick yank out your ashtray and stuff whatever inside and pop the tray back in. Getting it out is gonna be a pain in the ass but it might be better than getting busted.

Depends on your size needs as well as ease of multiple access needs.

A common method is to adhere the properly encased items to the inside of the door behind the panel, and then coat them in thick engine grease. This will pass even the most impressive dogs nose test.

But....I don't now nuthin.....

And the border guards know all the "secret" places as we humans are not very imaginative when it comes to that sort of thing. If you think of it, sure enough some else already has and was caught.

And if they dont find it, their dogs will.

ne4wd_003.jpg

I heart customs. :suicide:

And if they dont find it, their dogs will.

ne4wd_003.jpg

I heart customs. :suicide:

they went through your vehicle? damn. i never have had an issues even when loaded to the gills, or even the time i had no papers.. US let me back in without too much hassle and that was after 9-11. i've never had my car searched.

they went through your vehicle? damn. i never have had an issues even when loaded to the gills, or even the time i had no papers.. US let me back in without too much hassle and that was after 9-11. i've never had my car searched.

Oh dang, that's a paw print. I thought it was a residue mark..LOL

That's messed up.

I was on my own, heading from Toronto to PA to go wheeling @ the NorEaster... (hence the back seats down, and full of stuff)

I was asked to go into the building, where I was questioned, then I was hauled into a room where they questioned me more, and scared the crap out of me, after I drove the path into a garage for them to take the dog thru it.

Was good times.

I can't believe no one mentioned the absolute best place that almost always gets overlooked by cops and their dogs in quick roadside checks.... The sunroof cover, if you're lucky enough to have one. Mine fell apart long ago so I fabbed up a new one with a steel frame and wrapped it in fabric. I still need to get it upholstered by a pro.

I can't believe no one mentioned the absolute best place that almost always gets overlooked by cops and their dogs in quick roadside checks.... The sunroof cover, if you're lucky enough to have one. Mine fell apart long ago so I fabbed up a new one with a steel frame and wrapped it in fabric. I still need to get it upholstered by a pro.

took me 20 mins bye myself to remove the sunroof and drain assembly and get access to a good 3 inches or so of space btwn the headliner and roof...

I was on my own, heading from Toronto to PA to go wheeling @ the NorEaster... (hence the back seats down, and full of stuff)

I was asked to go into the building, where I was questioned, then I was hauled into a room where they questioned me more, and scared the crap out of me, after I drove the path into a garage for them to take the dog thru it.

Was good times.

that's what i dread.. last time on entering canada it was the least friendly reception, for sure.. maybe my citizenship made the guy be a bit funky. he just questioned me a bunch at the gate but then let me in.. they really drilled me on my stay/itinerary and when i was plannning to go back to the states. no issues coming back to usa.. just welcome back and smile. i was in a rental car which probably made it easier.. next time i come up will most likely be in my truck.. i am going to be hating it.. may have to come through sault ste. marie or something.. port huron is where i entered last time..

Yeah, but if they bring in the helicopter you are screwed :laugh: .