What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Put two new michelins in the back, got them all balanced and front alignment done. Much better. I also realized that I need to inspect the rear axle and list the needed parts for Rob. It never ends...

Philippe.

What's with Pathfinder owners owning a jetta on the side too (I have one, but MKV)

Replaced the speakers in my pathfinder yesterday with new speakers.

Here are the old speakers.

oqcJ9N4.jpg

It'll buff out and be like new... lol

Checked my wheels to see if there's any play. Got a lot of play on the driver side when I shake it at 9 and 3 oclock position... looks like my tie rod ends need to be replaced. Need to find someone who got a tie rod end tool I can borrow because I'm just gonna replace both inner and outer on both side. :shrug: If anyone is local in BC and got one... PM me? I'll buy you a coffee. :)

Edited by Quaintbucket

Repaired the sagging down middle headliner panels. Removed panels, peeled back vinyl, used red schotch brite pad to scuff surface and help removed old padding, sprayed adhesive on panel and material, pulled back over and secured. Did this in the sun to help stretch the material. Looks like factory again!

What's with Pathfinder owners owning a jetta on the side too (I have one, but MKV)

Because we all need something reliable to drive (the pathy) while the VW is in the shop. All. The. Time.

• Like 1

Not my VW... it's in the barn yard. '77 Westfalia Camper Van. Now you you know why I switched to a Pathfinder. It was nice to have room to sleep 4 adult and two kids plus having a fridge and sink etc.. But I also enjoy having a vehicle that will start and run when I want it to. Oh and heat in the winter is such a bonus.

The vw in my driveway is actually my brothers 04 golf. It has over 100k less than my pathy on it, but seems to require a lot more repairs and maintenance. They're fun to drive, but c'mon, I've changed both control arms, the flex pipe and the lower motor mount in the last month. There is always "something" wrong with it lol. My truck is like that too, but it is 20 years old, and it gets wheeled.

Whats even more hilarious is on the mk4 they used a plastic water pump impeller. It exploded 2 days after he bought it from the dealer. Good thing too, I was just about to order parts for the timing belt job, but it got done for free. Had about 130k on it at the time (last summer).

Edited by adamzan

I continued mapping out an address file for the factory pathfinder ecu. Did some more refining of the timing and fuel maps of the factory tune and integrated vq maps for the n60 maf sensor to run on my truck. Today is find a good price on an 8 bit eprom emulator and figure out the best way to integrate wideband o2 logging using only factory equipment.

P.s. after some painstaking research and hours of analyzing wiring diagrams and pinouts I have deduced that a vg30e j30 maxima ecu is pretty much the same as a pathfinder ecu and although it does technically have a consult plug on the vehicle, the consult plug is NOT used for engine diagnostics. It is merely used for air bag and at trans diagnosis. The standard 12 pin check connector is used for engine diagnostics just like on a pathfinder. The VE30DE ecu does have full consult and it's also on the 3rd Gen j30 maxima but ita a dohc ecu and is very similar to a z32 ecu and won't run a vg30e.

The check connector is sent simple analog voltage signals that can be used to diagnose of course but it doesn't supply the plethora of digital information that the consult pins would supply. The pins aren't even physicslly there on the ecu so it's been disabled or was never designed into the ecu in the first place.

I even happened across an official technical service bulletin by nissan to their service techs that kept trying t get engine diagnostics from the consult plug in the vg30e maxima telling them to use the check connector since engine diagnostics aren't sent to consult.

So if consult is a must, an m30 ecu is the only viable option that I have come across!

Edited by Nefarious

Because we all need something reliable to drive (the pathy) while the VW is in the shop. All. The. Time.

I had a good laugh at this one. My MK5 is fairly reliable, haven't need to bring it in to the shop (knock wood!) but will be doing the brakes pretty soon since it's been a while now. It's not a fun vehicle to drive but will get me from point a to point b.

Yesterday, I had to jump my battery on the pathfinder. I accidentally left my headlights on for 20 minutes. The fact that my battery drained that fast is concerning me. Will have to do a load test on it to find out how much life is on that battery and probably replace it when necessary.

Took off the roof basket and put it on the explorer as that's the rig I will be going on a one week maritime road trip through the 3 Maritime provinces

b006de45d3224007f7bc7263301db7d6.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Saw the "low fuel indicator" light come on last night. first time i've seen it since I own the pathy. I must be doing something right!

Tighten the screws on the valve cover to help with the valve cover gasket leak on the passenger side. They were definitely loose. Will be doing an oil change in the next couple weeks.

I will be looking to replace my battery pretty soon. Any recommendations?

I personally run an optima yellow top sealed agm deep cycle battery. When they go on sale is the time to grab them, I think I got mine for about 120$. It's lasted me 5 years so far and I've run it low with stereo and lighting equipment many times with the vehicle off while camping and working (safe to do with deep cycle). It's always started the truck back up even after being significantly drained. If you go out in the bush a lot or like to run powered things on your truck for extended periods it's the way to go. I hear the Canadian tire agm batteries are really good too if you live in canada.

Edited by Nefarious

Not just today but over the weekend.

Replace all sway bar bushings front and rear including links. Replaced front LCA rear bushing. Need to do fronts also, but next weekend. Inspected brakes, time to do the fronts. I'll just order up some Akebono from Amazon and stick with those I guess. Might pick up rear shoes also.

Touched up wheels and trim with Plasti-dip. Need it. Re painted roof rack rails and the cross bars. Few coats of matte black and then some coats of plasti-dip over that. Looks good.

I personally run an optima yellow top sealed agm deep cycle battery. When they go on sale is the time to grab them, I think I got mine for about 120$. It's lasted me 5 years so far and I've run it low with stereo and lighting equipment many times with the vehicle off while camping and working (safe to do with deep cycle). It's always started the truck back up even after being significantly drained. If you go out in the bush a lot or like to run powered things on your truck for extended periods it's the way to go. I hear the Canadian tire agm batteries are really good too if you live in canada.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't have the option of waiting for them to go on sale since I had to jump my battery again this morning after sitting in the garage since Friday. So 3 days inactive and it was DOA.

Calling Lordco to see if I can get a good battery with the 30% discount. otherwise, I'm going to CDN tire. :)

Yep! Sometimes I get a much better deal at Lordco with that discount than anywhere else... even RockAuto.

Otherwise, I buy from Amazon.com and pick it up across the border (only for big $ orders of course...). How much did you end up paying for your optima?

Edited by Quaintbucket

Replaced my suspect headlight switch... Yep, that was the problem. Thanks to those who helped steer me in the right direction.

On a side note, the Set/Coast letters had been worn off over the years so I was using the accel/decel switch because I knew no better... Now I know there is a button on the end of the switch. GEEZ!

Oh, and thanks again to Rob for getting it in the mail so quickly. We should feel very fortunate to have someone like him watching our backs.

Edited by SkiBumBrian
  • Like 1

I took apart my engine hoist and put it in the truck. One-time use on a Subaru. Then i decided that i would clean and lube the seatblets.... geee... they retract fast enough to scare me now!

Though i have to say that Rebelord takes the cake this weekend... that just sounds like a lot of work!!