90-95 Pathy's Offroading

RI_ChevyGuy85

Are Pathy's good enough off road to dump money into?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Are Pathy's good enough off road to dump money into?

• Hell yeah, they hang with the best off road with a lot of mods.
    • Yup, they'll do great with minimal mods.
    • They're decent, don't bother doin too much to it though.
    • Keep it stock, don't waste the money.
    • Hell with Nissan, I miss my early 80's Chevy Blazer.

Yeah I'm debating on what to do with my Pathy. Great truck so far, does well offroad. I do miss my 85 Blazer Silverado though, nothing like knowing you can run over someone's house without thinkin twice about it. To keep it simple.... 350 motor, 6" lift, 35x12.5QR18 BFG Mud Terrains, and straight pipe dual exhaust. Obviously the Pathy will never reach that level, but it's a nice truck for a daily driver and it does well offroad. My dillema is whether or not to sell it and save money to build another monster truck haha. Is the Pathy worth holdin onto?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: yes. the pathy is more than worthy. i had a 90 wrangler with 6" SUSP LIFT AND 33'S when i got my bone stock pathy on 29's......... my pathy went almost everywhere the jeep went, with no problems. for an suv they are small and agile, with a low CoG, they have an advantage over the larger trucks. i should know..... this is what i wheel with ....

PathynChevyB.jpg

he has 4 or 6" of lift and was on his 35's that day...... i pulled him out of a water hole when he got stuck. :blink:

who wants to run over the neighbors house? that doesn't take skill. wheeling a vehicle that flexes like a pathy but can break if care is not taken is my version of acquiring skill.

i have my 2 pathys.. and my bf and his bro (whose chevy that is above) have nothing BUT chevys in the backyard...... i am talking about trucks, blazers, duallies and burbs.. all pre 80's......

i use half the gas, can squeeze through more spots than they can and look great next to the big monster. :laugh:

ever heard of "the little engine that could"? sly

Bone Stock 88SE with 29" tires Went every where I needed to go....

95SE Stock with 31" Went every where I needed to go, I just did not like the redneck pin striping hence the:

91XE with 3" SL and 33x9.5" goes every where I need to go and a few places I probably should not go, Like the ATV Trail up the hill to the old Main Access road that was blocked to vehical traffic... No formal road closure just limited access... as for the pin striping, I dont care on this one -bounce- If it gets broken I have the 95 to drive to work on monday :aok:

post-27-1160884451.jpg

Edited by Casey.T

be aware of the tire size. I have found my 95 well adequate in the power department but would have some reservations if I were to run 35's on it. Might be a little under-powered on big tires.

I wheeled wtih a group of 20 or so trucks last weekend at www.paragonap.com last weekend and my 92 SE pathy on 31's wtih JGC coils and cranked bars on at tires at 22lbs went everywhere the other trucks went plus some. I wheeled wtih rubicons, new frontiers, new fj cruisers, wranglers, cherokees. even a sole Dodge ram which scraped his diffs all day. I think two determinng factors are tire selection 31 or 32 are good and skill to pick the right line. what are you looking for? If mud is your thing a big v8 and swampers are your thing. Until this jan i was a hard core toyota guy and a tacoma TRD was my plan til this great deal of a path came along. the LSD is great and it flexes pretty well and overall im happy. Don't go crazy on the mods and she'll be fine.

Scott

what kind of insulting poll is this.. :eek: for one, you didn't say what you exactly mean by offroading.. the difinition can be pretty broad.. for two, dude.. you can get 35s on one.. these things do circles around other trucks. reliabiblity is A1. the truck has some weak points but what truck doesn't. mine is prettty much stock and there is no way i'd get anything else at this point.. eventually i'll build it up and then do circles around the hevier modded trucks. SAS is not for me but it may be an option for you to consider.

chebby in under the hood is blasphemous.. my opinion of course. P...

Pathfinders are only for those who don't need to be seen in a monster truck looking rig to compensate for their personal shortcomings, or have to follow the herd of pathetic sheep to conform and "fit in".

Capable, they are.

Flashy, they ain't.

Edited by mws

I have a 93 xe, stock. I have followed my jeep friends afrer they were sure I was going to get stuck in my "city truck". I had no problems and got further than one guy that had open diffs. I used to drive a 90 k5 Blazer with 4" bl and 33x12.5. The Pathfinder gets through Colorado's tight treed trails much easier, and it hasn't been stuck yet...

I am planning to put on some Thorleys and 31, or 33's within the next year.

haha lovin the comments guys (and to you who mentioned overcompensating hahaha i've always been a chevy guy, this is my first non-chevy). funny you guys say you were runnin with everythin else out there, i've done some pretty serious stuff with my buddies who both have jeeps and i have to say my pathy did everythin and more that they could do. it is kinda cool goin offroadin with heated seats lol

it is kinda cool goin offroadin with heated seats lol

Especially when some gomer gets a 10 truck convoy stuck in 3-4ft snowbanks for 2 hours. Nice line SkinnyPedal!!!! :P:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few Pathy owners out there that have thrown a 350 or a 302 in them. I'm still thinking about throwing a 350 in mine. That's why I've been thinking about getting a 2nd Pathy for my everyday driver.

wow dropping a 350 in a pathy never crossed my mind but that's cool to hear people have actually done it. thing must be a beast! if u guys have a link to one post it hear cuz i have to see it.

i would've done it long ago if we didn't have these nast little smog laws :angry:

and yes, a couple peeps have done it and the posts are on here somewhere..... *goes hunting*

Guest SuperSon
Pathfinders are only for those who don't need to be seen in a monster truck looking rig to compensate for their personal shortcomings, or have to follow the herd of pathetic sheep to conform and "fit in".

Capable, they are.

Flashy, they ain't.

:clap: well said