R50 vs Mustang

SaKaNa

So the other day its like 11 at night, I'm coming down a couple lane road... Speed limit is 45. I admit, I always go a steady 60 on that road... My friend is following in his 96 Cherokee Sport. Some girl in a Mustang decides that she wants to be cool too, and whips into my lane blocking me from going my speed. She eventually moves over cause I'm swerving back and forth behind her.. Then we're at a light, so I rev my engine to 6k a few times, and my broken exhaust makes it very hearable.

The light turns green. We both floor it (she is in the left lane, allowing her to merge onto a highway, I'm facing a second red at the highway she was going onto). I actually keep decently close to her before I had to slam on the brakes to prevent hitting the stopped cars in front of me.

Eventually me and my friend cross the light and get out at his house, where his friend is waiting for us to arrive. My friend starts laughing uncontrolably and says "That was the funniest thing I've ever seen! He actually raced a Mustang!"

It was NOT a GT, I would've noticed the GT badge.

Lets face it... it was some early-twenties girl who needed a white convertable and thinks its really fast, but it actually accelerated as poorly as my midsize SUV.

If I didnt have a full tank of gas I would've probably been able to go even faster, but I had filled up on the way out earlier.

Keep in mind that back in the day (early/mid 90's) 153HP wasn't all that bad. More than a Toyota 4Runner, Mitsu Montero, Ford Explorer (I think, but who really cares). Ya a Chevy Blazer had 190HP, but you sure couldn't tell by driving it. The only SUV that has out powered my Pathfinder during the same generation was a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and it had a 5.2 litre V8, so not really apples to apples ya know? :shrug:

ha i always race ppl off the red lights. its kinda weird we both know we should race. no reving or anything. haha i tried racing a 300zx right. and i floor it off the line and am half way to the next light. and by then he realizes i was racing him and he just guns it past me. we both got to the light and i look over and smiled. and he laughed. i just get bored and its amusing lol. P...

Keep in mind that back in the day (early/mid 90's) 153HP wasn't all that bad.

Absolutely correct, it wasn't about ultimate power and I prefer the reliability. ;)

About as close as I get is sitting at the light reving, then let them be an idiot and go squeeling away at the green

Like minds GG, cheers !! :beer:

BTW, if I ever tear down this motor and can't do a good job myself, I'll send it out. With a clear intake and headers (+ exhaust), it would give the motor all it could want.

http://www.manufacturingcenter.com/tooling.../1297tekup.html

Anyone up for a Pathy Drag Contest ?? I'd be willing to run... :D

B

:laugh::laugh::laugh: LMAO!!!!!!

I have to add one to this! My wife was in our 2003 Altima 2.5 and I was in my '94 Pathy. Very light car vurses the very heavy Pathy. I dropped it in low and we both punched it when the light turned green. I was sooooooo proud of my Pathy and I think it shocked the Sh*t out of my wife on how even we were until she started to pull away. :aok:

I also gave a sporty Mercedes a run for his money with the Altima. Don't think he'll be dogging Nissan's for awhile..... :aok:

Edited by 94 Pathy

LOL Tuesday night I was next to a little late 90's 2WD red Dodge truck. Now at this particular light I always really lay on the gas because the limit is 45 but most people only go 40 on this particular stretch. So the light goes green and I press the peddle about 3/4's down expecting to pull out in front of everybody (three lanes). But then I notice that the truck is keeping up with me and about to pass me! :o Well that will not do, being passed by a POS dodge truck. So I floor it and start to pull in front. To the dodges credit it did manage to keep up with me but it never managed to get beyond my door. I stayed in front all the way to the traffic at the next light.

Best part: his line was shorter at the light, so when he gets in front of me I see that it's the "Sport" edition! :lol:

I tried racing a UPS delivery van the other day... I lost.

those guys are pretty fast... I have learned to follow them on the way to work... :D

No, instead of revving my engine, I flip the CB to PA, and make mock ricer exhaust sounds... mwuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... :laugh:

I outraced a fully loaded Semi today!!! I'm so stoked!!!

sweet u 2...i race like 100 of those a day on the way to and from work...

i've had so many cars rev up at me and im like uhh im in a SUV...ure in a car power to weight u have me even if i had the same power u had...

although i ripped a camaro a new 1 1 night...he reved up at me and i look over and he wouldnt look back so for @!*%s and giggles i reved back...light changed i dumped the clutch and he stalled out....the next light he didnt even pull up next to me he stopped 1 full car length back...god i wish i would have had that on tape...

but i'll race any 2 dr wd21 now (well in a week or 2) :lol:

I know the fig's on many cars Green. I've raced in the past with my '65 Stang & '73 Mach 1. What I should've added was, "Don't act and drive like you own the road or know how to race your car if you have NO CLUE on how to drive the thing!" I should've had my A$$ handed too me, but didn't! :aok:

my car seems to be the opposite of everyones on here. I have recently been getting about 17 mpg all city and out accelerate alot of people at lights :) . I did however race my friend in his 75' VW bus, well i started normally and let him get a head start and shifted at 4000 rpm but with his 4 banger he actually kept up.

my car seems to be the opposite of everyones on here. I have recently been getting about 17 mpg all city and out accelerate alot of people at lights :) . I did however race my friend in his 75' VW bus, well i started normally and let him get a head start and shifted at 4000 rpm but with his 4 banger he actually kept up.

Lately I get this strange feeling that alot of peolpe think that if they slam the pedal down, they'll break the engine or something.

Or, maybe...just maybe, they finally pulled the wool out of their eyes and realized that if you don't floor it off every red light and slam on the brakes, that you get considerably better gas mileage!

And maybe....just maybe, with the gas prices being the way they are....people are doing whatever they can to have their fill-ups last a little bit longer.