more big bro?

94extreme

Bah. I think it's a good idea. What if someone's passed out with nobody else and they have allergies to stuff that might be administered in an emergency, or are diabetic. That would save someone's life. It's not like anyone besides the hospital is gonna come around and scan your arm for info or put stuff on it.

It's not like anyone besides the hospital is gonna come around and scan your arm for info or put stuff on it.

Und vere are yoor paepers ?

Basically agreed 88, but the government has shown a lot of interest in this... Big things start small. I'm not paranoid, just totally untrusting. :D

B

I would love to have something like that for any many times as I take my wife to the ER/hospital... one scan and all the paperwork is filled out....

This would have also prevented some Allergic reactions in my mother-in-law last September...

So long as it was an optional thing....

I could see the benefit in this if it were used similar to microchipping in pets. The owners information is stored, as well as the animals vet records.

And, of course, as long as the Dubya-ment stays the hell out of it...

do you not think that this could easily be exploited by our ever trusting government???

keeping tabs on its citizens...not cool, totally compromises my sense of security....

although if it were a perfect world this would solve many problems.....

just like in a perfect world communism is the ideal government.....

-sam

i understand that it could save lives, and if i was sure that this is all it would be used for, then i'd be all for it. The problem is, that if it starts here with microchiping people for medical in 100 years it will contain every aspect of our personal life as well as a big brother leash.

Just my uneducated Hypothosis

Not sure what the issue is here...it can save lives...:shrug:

I'd rather that than some pimple faced 18 y.o. receptionist making photo copies of my records.

Is there some mega-huge government powered computer that would be able to follow anyone with one of these "micro-chips" embeeded in them? Is that the concern? If that's the concern and it's strictly voluntary, here's a simple solution. Don't get one. :D

If that's the case then what NEEDS to happen is that these chips should be

planted in the a$$es of every single child-mollestor on the planet, or at least in this country.

Is that so hard to do? Do we really care about infringing on the rights of a convicted child rapist? I certainly don't...

I'd take that one step further...

Microchip anyone who has been convicted of a violent or sexual crime. Armed robbers, child molestors, rapists, murderers, etc. These are all people that society would be better off without.

Have scanners around the perimeter of schools that will set off a silent alarm if these guys cross onto a school property and the police come and pick them up.

You could even take it one step further than a simple microchip with MC scanners....you could have it as a microchip with all the relevant information on it, with a little GPS tracker device on it, so that the Law Enforcement Agencies know exactly where the convicted felons and violent criminals are at all times.

Then chip them unbeknowsnt to them while they're incarcerated. Put a strong sedative in the food one day, knock em out, chip them, and stick em back in the cell.

And you'd have to bury the hell out of the chip....behind the kneecap maybe? Inside of the skull? I dunno.

Back on topic, would everyone be happier if Bush was the first one to get one of these things?

I know I fellt hella better when I was on active duty, in 2002, when every single member of the Armed Forces was ordered to begin recieving the Anthrax Vaccine. I remember quite vividly. I was watching AFN (Armed Forces Network...the CNN of the military) and Bush was the FIRST to recieve it, so it was televised. Was suppossed to make all the kids with the jitterbugs about recieving the vaccine feel better...

Sure made ME feel a lot better :rolleyes::lol:

I'd take that one step further...

Microchip anyone who has been convicted of a violent or sexual crime. Armed robbers, child molestors, rapists, murderers, etc. These are all people that society would be better off without.

Have scanners around the perimeter of schools that will set off a silent alarm if these guys cross onto a school property and the police come and pick them up.

You could even take it one step further than a simple microchip with MC scanners....you could have it as a microchip with all the relevant information on it, with a little GPS tracker device on it, so that the Law Enforcement Agencies know exactly where the convicted felons and violent criminals are at all times.

if you start doing that kinda of crap then you will start the trend of everyone getting one. Sorry I dont buy that crap