Project 2 tone is complete

KILLVOX

I dig it vox!!! Pleas keep us updated on how it holds up to the weather and stuff!! I wanna do my bumpers in that stuff buut I wanna see how it hold up first!! I am sure the weather would not affect it on my bumpers but they are plastic so I am curious about adhesion.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice man, only thing bad I have found with the duplicolor is that it will flake off easier than Herculiner.

I used a combo of the spray and roll on duplicolor for my 88's interior. 2 cans of spray and 1 gallon of roll on covered the entire floor in the truck :aok: .

Pic

I will let you know if it flakes or peels. I dont know about spraying it on plastic though. The cans i bought were 16.5 ounce cans and the were 7.99 in New Jersey.

Also, There is this girl that i always see at the blockbuster in my town. She always just smiles and walks by. Well the first day i had the truck completed. She walks up and says, " Nice truck" and started asking me how i did it and stuff like that. And said she would like to do it to her j-heep. And of course i offered to help her B) So buy this stuff, spray it on your pathy, and the chicks will come!! :cool2:

post-1-1152700132.jpg

So buy this stuff, spray it on your pathy, and the chicks will come!! 

That's even better than what I do. I park next to the entrance of the overflow parking lot. Very visible from the window where I work. Anytime a chick comes in from the parking lot I let every body know they are checking out the chic magnet. What's a little embellishment? :shrug:

Now everybodys in the habit of yelling out hey Dan another chic is checking out your truck!

That code for hot chick walking by.

That looks good KV, I was gonna do bedliner up the side a bit, with a pinstripe but ya beat me to it.

Hey, could you describe to me what you did to fix that rust hole please?

I have about 5 of em...

Thanks B)

Edited by ILoveMyPatty

Hey, could you describe to me what you did to fix that rust hole please?

I have about 5 of em...

With the rust holes that i had, i cut around the hole until i hit non rusted metal (1)Then istuffed the holefull of wire mesh (2)you can use chicken wire also. Then i mixed up some bondo enough to go past the wire mesh so the bondo has something to hold to. This is only the 2nd time i bondoed. its really easy. Wait a little while and sand the bondo smooth (3). Then hit it with some primer (4).

When you use bondo u should try to get the 2 part mixture as close as you can. If you dont, it can come out rubbery. Good luck. Im sure there is others out there that can explain it better. But thats how i did it :beer:

post-1-1152736554.jpg

Sweet KV.

Howd you get the wire mesh to stay in there though... What's it holding onto?...

I've got alot of work to do before she gets bedlinered.

And I'm gonna be buying and installing my lifts and wheels soon too.. ahhhh

Here comes 100 hours of work....

Howd you get the wire mesh to stay in there though... What's it holding onto?...

I didnt have a whole lot of air space in there anyway but i just bent another piece of mesh in half to use it as a prop. Once you get the bondo in there bleeding through the mesh and over the sides of the hole, its not going anywhere. Hey 93! Man, you fix up your pathy the way you want it. Thats what its all about. :beer:

I had similar holes in my rockers, I used the mesh the first time around, but hadn't eliminated all the rust and it rotted out around the mesh patch. This time I removed any trace of rust and welded in some new metal when I patched the holes.

Looks good Killvox...I did the same to my truck a couple of months ago, with the same stuff and it turned out great. I've taken it off road a couple of times since it was completed, and it's gotten tree branches scraped all over it and the finish has held up wonderfully. Like you, I opted for 4 to 5 coats for strength. I know it's not as good as Herculiner, but it works. I have noticed only a couple of spots where it's flaked and peeled...but I have a can or two on reserve for touch up, so no problems. You did a good job. You can see my work in my signature. I did it on the hood as well to cut down on the glare from the roof top lights.

• 7 months later...