Awsome gas deal today

unccpathfinder

so i pull up to the gas station i always fill up at on mon weds and fri's...as i pull in i see the infamous bags on all the low and mid grade pumps so i pull up and look at the 93 price and it said $2.49 and the price for 87 was suppossed to be $2.54 and since 87 here in charlotte is $2.78 right now (i work in SC and fill up there)

so shes runnin on high falutin' fuel right now

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally don't pay any attention to it, because it only ticks me off....but I pass like 4 gas stations on my 3.8 miles commute to work, and they're all at intersections where I always have to sit and wait for the light to change....so I look over to see if there's any outstandingly hot girls filling up their cars, usually not, but I catch a glimpse of the price-boards.

ouch on those prices...im looking into possibly scoring a gas miliage car on my 140 mile total daily commute...i thought about getting something like a kia rio or miata and stripping it of everything except the drivers seat and throw a roll cage on it b/c thats the only way i'd feel comfortable running the roads in a car

http://www.click2houston.com/news/9416744/detail.html

Average Gasoline Price In Houston Drops 4 Cents

Prices Drop Around Texas

HOUSTON -- The average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in Houston dropped 4 cents, officials told KPRC Local 2.

AAA reported that the average price at the pump in Houston is $2.88, down from $2.92 a week ago.

"Gasoline prices have more room to decline from current levels if crude oil prices fall and remain below $70 a barrel," said Rose Rougeau, spokeswoman for AAA Texas.

All major Texas cities saw a decrease in price from the previous week.

Gasoline is cheapest in Corpus Christi, where a gallon sells for an average of $2.52. The average price there a week ago was $2.65.

AAA said the most expensive gasoline is in the Galveston-Texas City area. A gallon sells for an average of $2.90, down 3 cents from last week.

The state average for a gallon of gasoline dropped 4 cents to $2.78 from $2.82. The national average declined 4cents to $2.84.

Edited by joe_s2k

but it's still artifically inflated. Went from 1.70 to 3.00+ then dropped down a little. Everyone's ahppy now when they see sub 3's but the reality is that it should be a buck less.

but it's still artifically inflated. Went from 1.70 to 3.00+ then dropped down a little. Everyone's ahppy now when they see sub 3's but the reality is that it should be a buck less.

sure but $70 a barrel makes it hard to get there.. we destabilized ME with this little venture of shrub's.. that's who you should be pissed at.

actually, it's the damned commodities brokers who are bidding up the price of futures.  Bush has no control over it.

it doesn't start with the brokers. why are they bidding up the price? you don't think ME in more turmoil then ever has anything to do with that? supply is not as solid as it used to be... stuff get's blown up over there daily.. of course everyone is jittery and the price climbs.

of course there are other issues.. processing is defintely stretched. we ain't helping with our guzzlers.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....LINE-DEMAND.xml

http://www.boston.com/business/globe/artic...ves_oil_prices/

Edited by mzxtreme

Get a motorcycle.....

People have reported over 70mpg on a Ninja 250.

I was thinking about that as i have to drive 120 miles round trip every day into denver just the thought scares me because you have to drive about 80-85 to keep up and it gets crazy in downtown denver. So i asked for a raise ... got one and a company truck and gas card.