Dangit, wife wrecked my Pathy

k9sar

:furious: Well, the wife had my truck last night and on the way home from karate, she rear-ended a F-350. Apparently, there was a train coming and someone slammed on their brakes (go figure), then the ford slammed on his to avoid hitting the yahoo in front of him. Nancy couldn't stop in time and nailed him. Damage assessment ongoing but I should be able to get it in the road again. Just don't want to fruck around with the insurance company if they choose to total it. Then I have to argue the value, try to buy it from them, get a salvage title, try to insure it, etc.

hrumph!

:idea: at least I have my father's day presents to help me out. Craftsman half inch drive rachet to help me fix it or, if that fails, I can make it go boom with my other presents.

edit: changed thread title a bit -88

Sound like some skid plates might be up for sale.

No kidding every time my wife drove my Chevy truck, she broke something. she won't touch the pathy

actually, the skids may have stiffened the frame enough to keep it straight so I only have to deal with body damage. (throws a quick hi-five towards Marcel)

wasn't that pathy just repaired from another 'fender bender' a few months ago? damn that sucks! I hope the insurance company doesn't send you a bottle of vaseline along with the bill :furious:

Nancy is a bit shaken. My son (9) is going to the doctors with chest pains. I'm doing ass-cheek exercises so I can clamp them shut when the insurance **** come callin'.

Best situation would be to have them assess the damage at a point of 'not quite totalled' and give me the money. I can get it on the road cheaper than they estimate and I'll apply the rest to new toys.

Sorry to hear what happened, hope your son is OK.

I am sure it will all work out for you.

Almost t-boned a guy making a left turn on Saturday, the ABS worked really well. Should have seen the look of the passenger as my bumper came within 1/2 meter of making him mush.

actually, the skids may have stiffened the frame enough to keep it straight so I only have to deal with body damage. (throws a quick hi-five towards Marcel)

Let us know how they held up and if they did help the frame, would be interested to know.

K9, Dude....

Sorry to hear about the fender bender...

Glad the Wifey is ok, keep us updated on the boy, he is young and resilent.

Insurance Adjusters rate just above IRS Auditors in my book.... :oops:

glad the family are ok.. but daaaaaaaaamn.. woman gotta lot of kissin up to do... and i think this is where she learns how to wrench onna pathy sly

hope it all works out for yah :beer:

Sign yer wife up for some advanced driving courses. It's money well spent. 99% of all drivers in North America have absolutely no driving education beyond what's (if) required for licence test. It's frightening but the lack of imagination and what to do behind the wheel is quite appearant in drivers these days.

Sorry to hear about yer pathy and family but facts are facts... People can't drive.

Sign yer wife up for some advanced driving courses. It's money well spent. 99% of all drivers in North America have absolutely no driving education beyond what's (if) required for licence test. It's frightening but the lack of imagination and what to do behind the wheel is quite appearant in drivers these days.

Sad but true. I've lived in 4 different states and have only taken one written and one driving test my whole life. I'm 36 now.

Go to the DMV give 'em your old license and they keep giving you a new one. :lol:

I'm sorry for not asking how the family was earlier. I do hope they continue to be well.

Well, the important thing is that your family is ok (I'm sure your son is/will be). Too bad about the Pathy, but you can always replace a WD21...

actually, the skids may have stiffened the frame enough to keep it straight

I hope so Scott, it's not funny to have the front end out of whack (one drawback of IFS)

Insurance Adjusters rate just above IRS Auditors in my book....

Damn, isn't that the truth !!

B

Sad but true. I've lived in 4 different states and have only taken one written and one driving test my whole life. I'm 36 now.

Go to the DMV give 'em your old license and they keep giving you a new one. :lol:

I'm sorry for not asking how the family was earlier. I do hope they continue to be well.

in AZ it's a lifetime license.. you do it once.

here they are working on extending the period some from the now 4y but one driving test when i got my permit. just eye exams every 4 and a fee and off you go.. although i think they are requireing a class of some sort if you get 2 tix in one year. not sure because i haven't had a tic in a while.. since the fees went up and all the other jazz anyway. it's just money extraction procedure.

I laughed at the title change too. Guess "B!TCH" was a little harsh. Anyway... still waiting for the insurance idiots to get back in touch with us. I had to take a hammer to it this morning to gain enough clearance for my right wheel to turn so I could limp it to work today. I hope those bastages come out for the appraisal soon so I can get to fixing it.

There was a topic a few months back about brush guards causing more damage than offering protection in an accident. Were you wearing yours? Just curious if this is an Urban legend or causes more damage than had you not had one.

There was a topic a few months back about brush guards causing more damage than offering protection in an accident. Were you wearing yours? Just curious if this is an Urban legend or causes more damage than had you not had one.

in off road applications it tends to come up and bust the hood. i've seen a few.. not putting one on mine, for sure.