does this seem odd to anyone else?

derogate

hehe.. this website (bless its web based soul) has a strict G rated policy.. for the most part. but I often ask myself... how many people who are in the age group or maturity range that they cannot or should not be around pg13+ content, and own a pathfinder?.. lol, I can't even think of a single person that fits that catagory that would even bother signing up for an account to just read about pathfinders. And in this day and age.. most 13 year olds know of more swear words, sexual inuendos, and general mischeif than any of us that are old enough to actually own a pathfinder anyway! hehe..

I'm not saying its not good to have those rules in place, It kinda keeps us civil, but its kinda funny when you stop to think about it.

Don't flame me for this either, I'm not knockin it, I'm just saying its kinda ironic. Thats all.

Its about having respect for people. No matter what G rated is always fun (think kids movies)... lol

Oh plus the G-rating allows people with fisher price internet at work to access during the day when they are board...

and it may be the parentals that spend all their time on here but if junior should accidentally hit NPORA and read some things.....well....... they will be eating soap for a while.........

This board is a bit too civil for me, but I don't spend much time here. Most of my time is spend at www.tehdriven.com, an off-topic car forum, mainly guys like me who migrated from www.bimmerforums.com.

TDF is a very close but dirty community. I wish NPORA was like that but I'm not gonna be the one who pops the NPORA cherry. :D

the reason these forums are so friendly and everyone gets along because the asshats that like talking dirty and being idiots have to go find somewhere else to do that stuff.

there is a certain respect on these forums, and i for one wish none of that to change. i am on no other forums now because of stupid people....

NPORA n damagedreality for me!!!!!!!! -bounce- -bounce-

gosh darn right you are fordsho90.. 'nilla it is and we like it.. the thing one has to remember is that mr. jim (the owner) created these with that in mind.. blame him or thank him, it was his baby right here..

look, there has been some decent political discussion here and there.. the main thing is that everyone stay civil.. that's hard to do obviously but that's why we (the mods) are on it and this place is still friendly, family friendly and i think the concensus is that it stay that way.. and we'll definitely try our best to do so..

i'll give you all a little hint though. the poho thread is a little bit more free.. have fun and 'don't draw your guns on your friends'.. wraslin' is ok, guns are not. :)

the reason these forums are so friendly and everyone gets along because the asshats that like talking dirty and being idiots have to go find somewhere else to do that stuff.

there is a certain respect on these forums, and i for one wish none of that to change. i am on no other forums now because of stupid people....

I tried a Toyota forum (for the Sienna) and was really put off by what I felt was a lack of respect.

There was a thread on that forum where a member complained about the amount of foul language and the moderator told him what to do, in language I can (and would) not use on any forum. I have not been back since, found a good Sienna forum instead.

NPORA is great this way. No worries about my kids reading anything here and it just goes to show how civil we can be when we try. :P

For me it is NPORA, CarTalkCanada, Nissan Truck Club and Sienna.org

All show a respect for its members and guests.

Edited by Trainman

These gosh darn parental controls edit every flubbin' post I write! I really wish I could express myself without some cork stomper fluxin' with my words for christmas sake! Whoever the son-of-a-biscuit-eater is should be taken out back and hung by his hootus! Ah, to H-E-double hockey sticks with it. I'm goin' to the mudder-fraggin' 4x4pirate boards. At least there I can rip someone a new glass hose without being censored. :D

Nah, it really doesn't bother me at all. I like that you can't be offensive. It makes you more eloquent.

Trainman,

Is this SiennaClub.org that you go too.  As you can see from my sig, we have the same vehicles.  A Pathy and A Sienna.

This place?

logo4.gif

I am there, as Trainman. How orginal of me!

i dont think theres a problem with it you can type what ya want and if its censored then some1 can fill in the blanks if they want...one board that i do know of but not a part of is something awful and they let lots of stuff go but if you offend some1 then u're banned for a lil while and if it was bad enough ure banned for good

but mostly every1 on here is laid back and understanding without getting their panties (no offense ladies :) ) in a bunch but there are a few that can get up tight and if its towards me most of the time i just push the edge (i had a huge problem growing up laughing in my dads face when he would get in mine and start yelling its something in me that i think is hillarious when people get pissed over stupid stuff and cant help but laugh but that usually makes them more mad

but i like the site how it is

I'm all for cussin in forums. But some places you just get the vibe that it's not cool. Like this forum changing the &^%*@$# bad words like that.

For the most part I think people should talk to someone on a forum just like they would in person. I've seen people say REAL stupid stuff that you know they wouldn't have the balls to say to that person face to face... Pisses me off. -argue- :D

No it's not odd, it's a goal. :D Like was posted before, it's Mr Jim's wishes, and I personally agree with it and like the effect. I've been to plenty of the flaming sites and thought most of it was just asshats venting their crappy lives or being macho and anynomous. LAME !!!

The three sites I belong to and visit with any regularity are roughly the same in respect to civility and profanity. NOPRA is a great place. We rib each other a lot without crossing the line which is why I wonder why some poeple complain. Makes no sense to me, but then some people look for offense. All I can say is enjoy the relative peace, if you want to be tar and feathered, there are plenty of sites that will accomidate you... ;)

B

Like everybody else has pretty much said. Many of us deal with enough pricks on a daily basis, so I don't want to run into a bunch in my free time while talking trucks and wheeling. Keep the rubber side down and the attitudes up. Simple as that. :beer:

I'm addicted to online forums....but this is by far the cleanest one I'm on and I dont really mind....Keeps drama to a minmum without swearing and unnecessary BS

I spend most of my time on these forums tho if you guys wanna check 'em out :wacko:

www.BH4wheelers.com (local 'wheelers)

www.rapidcityracing.com (local car guys)

NPORA duh!!!

and a couple of other Nissan boards, a jeep board, and a chevy s-10 board (had one before my pathy)

by the way is DR still down...cant seem to get it to load anymore?