• No
    • Maybe

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you just never hear about it around here.. DUIs yes, only related to drinking though.. never hear of anything else.. i sure can't recall it and i know that up on north side it's kind of scary with the wives of my previous mention.. they are everywhere all day long.. :D

and i know that up on north side it's kind of scary with the wives of my previous mention.. they are everywhere all day long.. :D

They are everywhere hopped up on prozac, all the while talking on their cell phones, doing their makeup and yelling at the kids in the back seat of their grossly oversized SUV.

Meanwhile I'm driving my little pathy stoned, scared for dear life that I'm going to exceed the speed limit.

yep, I'm the danger there :rolleyes:

How did i miss this thread?!!?!?!

Ok, first off to the person that believes everything he sees on the news (not to mention...), no weed is not worse for you than alcohol is. Booze is much worse. Are you the same kind of idiot that thinks that 4x4ing is castastrophic to the environment, 4x4ing on hard pack, pre established trails?? Don't believe everything you hear, just because you're too narrow minded to form your own opinion.

Try this: Smoke a joint tonight after work. Eat some chips and go to sleep. See how you feel the next day

Tomorrow: Drink a case of beer after work. Beat up your wife and go to sleep. See how you feel the next day.

Myself personally, i don't blaze, i used to only blaze to come down off of a 5-10 gram/day coke habit so i could go to sleep and do it all the next day, i think weed was the only thing that kept me alive.

MJ is from the earth, and is barely processed from plant to quarter sack. As opposed to tobacco products (i love to smoke, BTW) that are so full of god knows what, yet are LEGAL. So why the double standard?

The war on drugs, as has already been intimated in this post, is unwinnable. People like to get high. And something as simple and harmless as pot, well, who cares? If someone wants to go to a coffee house and get high (like in amsterdam) that's their right. It's preposterous that this hasn't been legalized and taxed yet. I pay $10/pack for cigarettes here in Canada becauase of all the taxation. I can quit if i choose to, but i don't, it's my right to choose to smoke, or not to. Just like i can choose to get drunk if i want to or puff some chiba. Oh wait, the chiba will get you thrown in jail in the 'free' US.

I'm done. discuss.

Edited by mzxtreme

did ya have any sinuses left to infect??...sheesh.....glad to see you cleaned it up guess you cant have a bump and a smile huh

No. None left.

What really scared me is i had an MRI this year, in January, after taking a nasty hit to the head and blacking out. I'd snorted maybe twice a year since 5 years ago, when the big habit had to go. My brian looks like one of those labyrinth games, it's scary and permanent.

How did i miss this thread?!!?!?!

Ok, first off to the person that believes everything he sees on the news (not to mention ...), no weed is not worse for you than alcohol is.  Booze is much worse.  Are you the same kind of idiot that thinks that 4x4ing is castastrophic to the environment, 4x4ing on hard pack, pre established trails??  Don't believe everything you hear, just because you're too narrow minded to form your own opinion. 

Try this:  Smoke a joint tonight after work.  Eat some chips and go to sleep.  See how you feel the next day

Tomorrow:  Drink a case of beer after work.  Beat up your wife and go to sleep.  See how you feel the next day.

Myself personally, i don't blaze, i used to only blaze to come down off of a 5-10 gram/day coke habit so i could go to sleep and do it all the next day, i think weed was the only thing that kept me alive.

MJ is from the earth, and is barely processed from plant to quarter sack.  As opposed to tobacco products (i love to smoke, BTW) that are so full of god knows what, yet are LEGAL.  So why the double standard?

The war on drugs, as has already been intimated in this post, is unwinnable.  People like to get high.  And something as simple and harmless as pot, well, who cares?  If someone wants to go to a coffee house and get high (like in amsterdam) that's their right.  It's preposterous that this hasn't been legalized and taxed yet.  I pay $10/pack for cigarettes here in Canada becauase of all the taxation.  I can quit if i choose to, but i don't, it's my right to choose to smoke, or not to.  Just like i can choose to get drunk if i want to or puff some chiba.  Oh wait, the chiba will get you thrown in jail in the 'free' US.

I'm done.  discuss.

Ok, go back and read my other posts. THEN come back with the smarty answers.

Edited by mzxtreme

Never said I had strong arguements, but they are my own atleast. Aside from that, read his statement and tell me it didnt come off just a tad bit cocky and arrogant, and since it was directed at me I responded.

Ok, first off to the person that believes everything he sees on the news

Thats pretty damn general; I see nothing directed at you specifically. Thank you for cleaning things up MZ. Mellow out NY and keep it civil.

Everyone has opinions and that is fine. Only an idiot thinks that swearing/name calling will support their case or change someones mind. Thats a global statement.

Sheesh, disclaimers... :wacko:

B

Pot may have more tars and complex chemicals in it than tobacco, but when was the last time you saw someone with a pack-a-day equivalent habit of smoking weed? You simply can't smoke that much. Well, I take that back. Some people could, but they'd be broke pretty quick from doing it.

read his statement and tell me it didnt come off just a tad bit cocky and arrogant, and since it was directed at me I responded.

Dude, anyone that knows me knows i'm cocky and arrogant, i prefer to call it witty and confident. :D

3) Marijuans DOES NOT cause brain damage as most people thought.. look into it, not going to explain it.

THC which is the same thing that is in Acid, which causes damage, and Im supposed to believe this doesnt cause any damage?

Um, what?

Lysergic acid diethylamide = LSD

Tetrahydrocannabinol = THC

Try again, please.

Edit: Didn't see that this was addressed before I put in my two cents. Ah well.

Regardless, I think it should be legalized, not just decriminalized. In Oregon, possession of small amounts have essentially been decriminalized, and most people I know who have been caught were issued a citation or their stash was confiscated. We also have a medical mj program that is so lax that I could probably get on it simply for having ADHD. Fun times.

Edited by YubinYankin

3) Marijuans DOES NOT cause brain damage as most people thought.. look into it, not going to explain it.

THC which is the same thing that is in Acid, which causes damage, and Im supposed to believe this doesnt cause any damage?

Ever talk to a person who has smoked alot of marijuana in the past? Not exactly crisp are they?

Did I say it was the main thing in acid?

HAHAHA awesome research.

I'll also recommend www.erowid.com as an excellent quick reference source for all your drug needs. :Magic:

I smoked on and off for 10 years now, rarely now but more back in the college years. Also tried much of the "other" stuff at one point or another. Weed in a proper setting (NOT behind the wheel, NOT at work, NOT while operating machinery, etc. etc.) is essentially harmless in my opinion and should be decriminalized.

It is much better in the short and long-term than alcohol or cigarettes. For those that argue that there are higher levels of the bad stuff inhaled from weed, I'd counter that a guy taking a couple puffs in an evening is still exposing himself to drastically lower levels than somebody smoking a pack or 2 a day, or even just a few cig's or a walk in any modern smog and pollution ridden city for that matter. As with most any substance, too much can be a problem.

Its ridiculous to classify a grown adult as a deviant because he wants to come home and light up and chill, or hang out with some friends, eat some chips and dip, whatever. The vast majority of stoners are gonna grow out of it somewhat soon enough anyways, but I've know plenty of absolutely great people young and old who lead great lives and happen to like to spark here and there. It has no negative effect on their day to day lives, particularly in comparison to the lung cancer patient or alcoholic up the street. Yet they're marginalized by a society that openly celebrates the next door neighbor tossing back alcohol and few people think twice.

Why not put all that money and effort of fighting weed toward a more practical and rational goal to help everybody, rather than against a losing war that helps nobody but the lobbyists, politicians, and their supporters. Oh.... wait... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........

Wow, people are posting the same things on page 7 that were on page 2 and 3. Read the thread.+

All you can do now is complain that some arguements have been repeated? Get some backing to YOUR arguements before you start trying to put down other peoples arguements.

It's obvious that you know that your arguements hold no water, because now you're just resorting to putting-down your opposition.

And to add to the debate, I have no opinion on this matter. I poke smot very very rarely, and that wont change whether or not its illegal, decriminalized (which is basically has become in most of the Western, US - small amounts for personal use anyhow), or fully legalized, my use (or non-use) and opinion about Ms. Jane won't change.

I really, don't care if my arguements hold water or not. I admitted I was misinformed on the presence of THC in acid. But I still do not see cause for the legalization. Just because it's effects arent as severe or dangerous as that of alcohol, its a quality of life thing. You yourself dont have to be the one smoking marijuana to get a high, a person walking by you who inhales at the right time gets contact high. I just don't see the point of legalization.

Well then what about cigarettes? Someone walking by someone smoking a cigarette and inhales at the right time inhales smoke from the cigarette.

Are you saying that all "drugs" that create some sort of external byproduct (such as smoke) should be banned?