How much money have you "invested"  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How much money have you "invested"

• 0 - 500
    • 500 - 1k
    • 1k - 3k
    • 3k - 5k
    • TOO FREAKIN MUCH!!

Well I'v only had the pathy for a little over a year and it's closing in on $2000, but I have had most of the work done at shops...

Close to $2000 and no real mods besides the stereo! Hmmph need to get that bull bar on soon, need to have something to show for all that money spent. :wacko:

i have to say, i have only put new tires on mine. i do all the oil changes and tune up stuff myself. cheaper..lol...i haven't really had a chance to add anything.....yet..i am sure that will change this summer though!

i have to say, i have only put new tires on mine. i do all the oil changes and tune up stuff myself. cheaper..lol...i haven't really had a chance to add anything.....yet..i am sure that will change this summer though!

kind of like the above.

i just put 2 g's into my pathy.... and went to put the jgc's in and found that my frame is KAPUTS pretty much completely broken at the hump over the wheel :(:unsure: dunno what to do now this just hit me today *sigh

i just put 2 g's into my pathy.... and went to put the jgc's in and found that my frame is KAPUTS pretty much completely broken at the hump over the wheel :(:unsure: dunno what to do now this just hit me today *sigh

ouch... that sucks dude. Good luck to you, with whatever you decide to do.

LOL I'm sooo far off the end of this price scale, I don't even want to go there. And I've done much of it myself too. Suspension, body lift, various stereo and lighting stuff, locker, then there's a couple brake jobs, clutch, broken exhaust studs, etc. etc. etc. :blink:

I'm in over 5000 now. The only work I've paid to have done is a new clutch, alignment, and a day of labor for diagnosis once. All the other work I've done. I'm saving about 2000 just by doing the motor swap myself.

I didn't even realize I'd spent that much until I just thought about it. Ouch!

So far I'm running at about $200 -- for a oil change and CV axle.

Not there isn't money to be spent -- I need a new CL & Shocks BAD! Not to mention some normal tires -- Still only have the studded coopers on there.

Edited by Harbinger

hmmm between my 2

the 87 has prob had at least 3-5k in tires, repairs, oil changes and what not in the 6 years i've had it including a top half rebuild and a swap that is yet to be completed

the 95 only has about $50 worth of work done on it

so i guess we'll go with somewhere in there

Edited by unccpathfinder

a set of tires oil changes needs shocks(got one) getin a winch bumper no major expenses (yet) stereo eqipment but I recouped all cost when I had to sell sub and amp before xmas did all the install and uninstall myself so I saved money

Its almost gonna be a little bit over $5000

One of the reasons is that I have to pay 30% more of the parts cost on USA just to get it here on Panama Republic.

Rancho Suspension Kit

$875

Spare wheel

$100

Labor for the suspension kit

new clutch, new brakes all 4, power steering pump and steering damper $650

ARB bull bar

$1200

Winch

$750

Body lift labor and kit

$250

Tires

$150 each one.

New Clutch, disc, preasure plate and bearing.

$180

Brakes

$50

I guess im missing something.

To all the parts you got to add 30% more, that's for the frinking shipping.

Well, I went for the $1-3k option for now. Interesting though how much I have saved doing all my own work, otherwise it would be in the $3-5k range by now... :shrug:

B

ditto. but mine would prolly have been in the $5,000+ range if we hadn't done the work ourselves

ahhhhh.. the labor of love........ :blink:

Oh noes.....

750 for the SL with shocks

550 for steering system

150 for BL

215 for headers

119 for intake

1500 for wheels and tires

200 for stereo and speakers

700 for timing belt, water pump, alignment, and labor for SL

Thats around 4000.....I voted for 3000 before I actually totaled it up. Now im very sad and will go cry myself to sleep....

Ok here we go:

K&N filter $45

flowmaster and chrome tip with labor $90

JGC coils $30

previous Tires and wheel $600

T-belt, thermostat, front brake replacement and front rotors resurfacing, and lube chasis; including parts and labor $120

window tint $20

pro comp offroad lights $120

push bar (was free, needed some polishing and rust removed) $20

cv inner boot $14

labor for install of boot $30

msd ingnition box $180

msd coil $30

pro comp es 9000 shocks $120

stem to eye shock converter kit for front shocks $25

radiator $160

e-fan $80

passenger side fender, with repainting $50

M/T Baja Claws $580

Eagle alloys series 102 $400

and just recently Thorley Headers $250

grand total of $2964 :o and I'm not even done! I still want trailmaster suspension lift, cone filter, and optima battery, thats another $860.

$860? Depending on where you buy it, you're looking at up to $925 for the TM lift alone! Then add $120 for the Optima Red Top....

Pathy parts are expensive...

You know what they say though "4x4 in upper case is $X$" :D