Seat options

Cuong Nguyen

I'm looking to change out my front seats since I've been so acustomed to my nice little Honda seat that holds me snug. Anyone using any seats from other cars? Looking for something that has lumbar support and adjustability, but mostly to hold me in and not slide around. I can do any fab work that doesn't involve welding P...

I like the seat in my 02. It is all manual, with lumbar, tilt and height adjustments. Fits me like a glove, one of the nicest seats I have ever had in any vehicle.

I have a cranky back and it lets me know pretty quick if a seat is not good. So take a look at seats from later Pathys and keep it in the family, so to speak :P

i've also hear of folks swapping in maxima seats too

This is what I want to see. I also have a crap back, especially on road trips. The Maxi's are a bit more plush than a Pathy, but I bet and SE would have some decent sporting seats.

Mine's got cloth Integra seats. I used the Pathys seat rails and made brackets and modified the seats for it to work. I like them but there's probably other seats that wouldn't require so much work and still have what you want.

I'm pretty familiar with the Honda series of seats and they are indeed nice. Never seen one in another vehicle beside itself though. What I don't like about my seats in the pathfinder is that the butt cushion is so soft that my but goes numb. Also no lumbar support and there are no side bolsters to keep you in the chair. I saw Trailchaser's aftermarket seats and they look Noice.

I have the CRX Si Recaro (stock seats) in my Pathy. Amazing! They hold you very well while wheeling. :takebow:

I've heard CRX and Prelude seats have been such a common swap item, they can be hard to come by. But then again, I had a Prelude SI, and I'm not so sure I'd want those hard things. Well, maybe since the Pathy isn't lowered.... -thnkboutit- Pics you Filthy beast?

i've also hear of folks swapping in maxima seats too

I did that in my 88, they are a snug fit width ways (guess the fat people buy Maximas), and I had to make a few mods to make the rails on them work in the Pathy. But they are comfortable.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

*Bump*

No one ever did snap photo's of this. Would have liked to see some shots of those rails myself.

Was also wondering if there are any variations of WD21 seats other then cloth or leather. Some being more comfortable then others.

well you could try to get the older z31 300zx seats. I have power ones in my red 300zx and they are the most comfortable seat i have sat in and you can really adjust them(its like all air pressured because when you adjust it you can hear air leak out lol). If you are really good at wiring you could get the power ones to work. If not ik they make manual ones. But over all they are really comfortable plus they might be very simular since they are both nissan.

well you could try to get the older z31 300zx seats. I have power ones in my red 300zx and they are the most comfortable seat i have sat in and you can really adjust them(its like all air pressured because when you adjust it you can hear air leak out lol). If you are really good at wiring you could get the power ones to work. If not ik they make manual ones. But over all they are really comfortable plus they might be very simular since they are both nissan.

Thanks for the advice. I think I may look into that :D

BTW, your Z31 is sick! It makes me giggle :happy:

can anyone snap some photos of SE seats and of the maximas seats?

To fit the Maximas: I had to bend the inboard front rail mount forward a tad and used the stock bolt. For the outboard it rested on the stock riser on the floor, but was about 1" further out than the stock hole, I drilled and used my own nut and bolt there. For the rear outer rail it was about 1" forward and 1" outboard so I drilled the floor and added a longer bolt with a plate under the floorboard. On the inside rear rail mount it was elevated in the Maxima, and there is no riser in the Pathy floor, so I used a piece of 1" square tube steel and bolte through it.

8808010.jpg

8808006.jpg

Only pictures I have up now, I can take a few specifics if needed. BTW,the 2 seeats are level, they are just adjusted differently in pic 2.

*Bump*

No one ever did snap photo's of this. Would have liked to see some shots of those rails myself.

Was also wondering if there are any variations of WD21 seats other then cloth or leather. Some being more comfortable then others.

Big difference between XE and SE/LE seats in the later model WD21's. The SE/LE seats are far more supportive.

Big difference between XE and SE/LE seats in the later model WD21's. The SE/LE seats are far more supportive.

That is an understatement!!!! The XE seats suck so bad. I found a set of leather seats in the JY in good shape :D