the QX4 can never lose!

FUELER

So I was racing a lifted ranger in the boonies yesterday... he was in front (stock QX4 trying to hang with a super lifted and extended ranger with external shocks - HA HA!!) and he was driving like a bat out of hell, I was simply driving fast when he blew by me throwing dirt in the air.

So hes a bit in front of me and we are both driving 80+ on a smooth, baja like road with some slight up and down humps

Next thing i know, there's a huge cloud of dirt and smoke, the ranger flipped like three times and stopped resting against a wooden fence, I had to swerve like a maniac to miss him, then next thing, I was out of control and was headed straight for a large drop off!!! I hit the brakes, wheels locked up, ABS kicked in, i was scared for my life!!! All i see is a huge drop in front of me coming up FAST. I pressed on the brakes with my life (which probably wouldnt make a difference since ABS was kicked in) and I braced my body for what I thought would be the end of my SUV and a long fall to the bottom of the valley.

The QX4 stopped within one foot of falling to its death. I got out of the car, saw what happened, and started laughing my head off!!! It was unbelievable. 200 feet of brake marks going straight towards the edge, only to stop and dig in about a foot from crashing.

The ranger guy was 100% OK and he was laughing too (even though his truck was destroyed) we were both happy to be alive. I offered to help try and flip his truck back to normal (the wheels looked ok) but due to the awkward position against a fence, he waited for a tow truck

DRIVE SAFELY GUYS

we are both driving 80+ on a smooth, baja like road

With all due respect, are you Friggin MENTAL MAN ??

80 is my max speed... on the FREEWAY !! Not off road in a stock vehicle... :blink:

That said, glad everyone was ok 'cause thats what matters !!

B

Not at all do I condone it or promote it, but I've done this too on a decently maintained forest service road. Granted, it was really smooth and flat with few gradual turns, and was the main road for the area so it was several lanes wide. It was great fun, but was totally in control with room for error. That said, there was nobody around. That's pretty nuts to think of racing somebody, and especially doing it anywhere that a cliff type of drop off could *sneak up* on you. I'm thinking you should probably leave this type of stuff to the WRC guys next time. ;)

With all due respect, are you Friggin MENTAL MAN ??

80 is my max speed... on the FREEWAY !! Not off road in a stock vehicle... :blink:

That said, glad everyone was ok 'cause thats what matters !!

B

See I live on a dirt road, and have been on the road to and from school for 10 years. I usually run like... 90-100km on it... but 80mph on a "baja type road" is nuts :o I'd never do that haha

Same kinda thing...

115625_84_full.jpg

hey man thats a nice one...

i didn't take any pics since it was slightly raining and the guy destroyed his truck, i didn't want to rub it in with my cell phone camera lol