In which order?

Newton

Hmm, Bob has it right as far as I know, but the lines blur a bit... You will find a lot of mix and match, especially between the XE and SE. I have an XE (bought the lowest trim, lowest mile one I could find) so I'm pond scum... ;)

Never seen a 'Chilkoot'... :shrug:

B

Chilkoot was only on 96+ Pathfinders, in Canada. They did not exist in 01. IN 04 they were called the Chinook Edition.

Basically the Chilkoot was an XE in Canada, with only a couple of extra options, to differentiate it.

XE is bottom of the line, but could have many options to push it near, or at SE level (on WD21 Pathys)

SE was the most "capable" from the factory w/adjustable shocks, Lego wheels, 31" tires, LSD, and Rear Discs (most SE's had the above mentioned offroad package, you could get the LSD, an Rear discs with the big tires on XE sometimes too. Again, this is for WD21 Pathys)

LE was the luxury edition, with leather, unique alloy wheels, but smaller tires. Usually they had colour coded bumpers, instead of the black on XE and the chrome on SE (WD21 Pathfinders again)

On the R50s

Chilkoot/XE for the most part had steel/chrome wheels, small tires and no fender flares

SE/LE got the fender flares, and alloys, and LE had leather, for the most part

In 2001 they made the 3.5L VQ engine standard, and with the change, for some reason, dropped the Chilkoot name in Canada. It was just an XE.

There are LOTS of things I'm missing on this, but I'm sure what I've posted is pretty close to being correct. Folks, let me know if there's anything important I'm missing.

you can get a real good idea of trim levels and stuff from Edmunds but I'm not sure if the CDN ones are covered there

No, no Canadian ones at Edmonds.

Here is a link to some R50 (for 2002) Canadian specs:

2002 Canadian Pathfinder Specs

On the R50s

Chilkoot/XE for the most part had steel/chrome wheels, small tires and no fender flares

In 2001 they made the 3.5L VQ engine standard, and with the change, for some reason, dropped the Chilkoot name in Canada. It was just an XE.

Not quite right, see the link above. My 02 Chilkoot has alloy wheels, the Chilkoot was back in 02, maybe dropped for 03? Not sure why anyone would have bought an XE when for less money could get the Chilkoot with some extra stuff.

Sorry Trainman....forgot to mention that.  It WAS dropped in '01, brought back in '02, then changed to Chinook in '04

No problem, totally confusing to us buying used. :confused: :blink::shrug::wacko:

When did the Chillout edition come out. Only heard of one myself. :lol:

No problem, totally confusing to us buying used. :confused: :blink::shrug::wacko:

When did the Chillout edition come out. Only heard of one myself. :lol:

Who knows. I think that's the "bitchy" edition. VERY few around. VERY rare!! ! :laugh::lol:

I was a bit confused when I bought my XE because it has tons of options. the chrome looking wheels, power locks, power windows, alarm, rear wiper, it's pretty nice. I wish I had fog lamps, stock roof rack and that rear air deflector thing. But all in all, my xe is equipped pretty nice. :)

Same with mine... It has the LSD, power mirrors and fog lights in the bumper (well, used to...) also. Fog lights are east to install and aftermarket are better anyhow, roof racks are junkyard recoverable and fairly easy to install and you don't want the rear deflector thingie as it mounts off of 'special' hinges for the rear glass and people are often looking for replacements when they break/crack... ;)

B

Could be... Those orange stickers seem to be able to withstand anything short of a RPG though. (I wish I had some of that glue !) If it's not there odds are you don't have the LSD. To check, grab a floor jack and lift the rear. Spin 1 tire. If the opposite wheel spins the opposite way, you have LSD... ;)

B

Thanks for all the input.

My Chillkoot Pathy has; fog lights, roof rack, rear deflector, fender flares, big tires, pwr windows, locks, mirrors, AC, CC, CD, Casette,AM-FM. Not sure about LSD. and with those little storage compartments all over the place. I found another one today. It's nice to see what other people have on their rides.

Edited by Newton

so if I read correctly if I have a 93 SE I've got LSD? cuz I havent seen the orange sticker, maybe it fell off?

Nope, at least I don't think. I've got a 94 SE, but I have rear drums, regular non-adjustable shocks, and my diff is open (I can leave a really impressive single stripe of rubber, but that's like the sound of 1 hand clapping). I've got all the power goodies, trim, chrome package, fender flares, rear wind deflector thing, etc. etc. I spent a while convinced that the P.O. had simply put on SE stickers on a fully loaded up XE, but no dice. Its an SE for sure, as I found the original window sticker tucked in back of the owner's manual. According to the build up on that window sticker, the only manufacturer option I have is A/C. Strange. So I'd go along with the notion that the lines are blury, and the options list was more of a grab bag on the WD21's.

My Chillkoot Pathy has; fog lights, roof rack, rear deflector, fender flares, big tires, pwr windows, locks, mirrors, AC, CC, CD, Casette,AM-FM. Not sure about LSD. and with those little storage compartments all over the place. I found another one today. It's nice to see what other people have on their rides.

99.5 XE

fog lights - nope

roof rack - yup

rear deflector - nope (added that after)

fender flares - nope

big tires - nope (added after)

pwr windows - yup

locks - check

mirrors - uh huh!

AC - yup

CC - ???? carbon copy?? *edit* YES I HAVE CRUISE CONTROL :)

CD, Casette, AM-FM - yes, uh huh, yes

LSD - yup (check for the orange sticker on your diff)

storage compartments - yup

Edited by Pezzy

Following on Pezzy's format:

2002 Chilkoot and what it came with:

Fog lights: no

roof rack: yes

rear deflector: no

fender flares: no

big tires: no (but 16" alloys were standard in 02)

AC: yes

power windows, locks, mirrors, CC: yes

CD (6 changer)/Cassette/AM/FM with steering wheel controls: yes

LSD: yes

Also have: rear cargo cover, AT with AllMode transfer case, tilt steering, fully adjustable (manual) drivers seat, tinted windows, step rails, remote door locking/unlocking with front windows down from the remote, alarm, interior lights that come on when the doors are unlocked and fade out, auto headlights and 3 powerpoints. That is all I can think of right now :rolleyes: .

Edited by Trainman

ohh I have some of those toys too trainman...

again, my 99.5 XE

rear cargo cover - yup

AT with AllMode transfer case - manual Tcase (if that's what you call it?? NOT the switch)

tilt steering - yup

fully adjustable (manual) drivers seat - nope

tinted windows - I assume the tint is stock

step rails - nope

remote door locking/unlocking with front windows down from the remote - yes, but no windows

alarm, interior lights that come on when the doors are unlocked and fade out - yup

auto headlights - yup

and 3 powerpoints - inside power jacks I assume? I have 2

To check, grab a floor jack and lift the rear. Spin 1 tire. If the opposite wheel spins the opposite way, you have LSD...  ;)

B

headpeace please please please let me clarify this.

jack the rear up and spin one tyre. if they BOTH spin the SAME way then you have an lsd. if they spin in OPPOSITE directions you have an open wheeler.

;)

Edited by sw