MPG for your Pathy?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. MPG for your Pathy?

• 10 or less
    • 10-12
    • 12-15
    • 15-17
    • 17 or higher

I'm glad the older pathys didn't come with a fuel light. With that second gas gauge I can calculate damn near perfectly whats left in my tank.

Way to go Nissan! :aok:

:confused: My 88 has an idiot light. Never got so low that it came on, but the former owner said it didn't like to turn off(when tank refilled) after it does come on :shrug:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I average about 17 mpg in the city. Last fill up was 17.59 and that was after an oil change. I usually get about 300 miles a tank before the fuel light comes on and around 330 to 340 I start worry an will pull into a gas station. The best I ever got in the city was 20 mpg and the was with a lot of honking at the green lights (people behind me) and throwing my manual into "N" way before the red light.

I get 14-15 driving 40 miles through the hills of SoCal each way with 32's and a 2" lift! OUCH! Doesn't help that I drive like 80-90 MPH! Probably get 15-16 if I drove normal.

Since I have been keeping exact track via log/spreadsheet.. not even a month yet. I have been averaging 18.15mpg. With a low of just over 17 and a high a little short of 21.

These are combined town/hwy numbers and based on an average of just under 100 miles per day. Trucks odometer is sitting at 286,802.8 as of this writing.

Prior to starting the log I calculated the MPG at each fill up (but did not keep a log).. numbers were 1.5-3mpg lower. However that was prior to the replacement of the O2 sensor.

I averaged 18 mpg highway with 6 passengers and full cargo--tires at 35PSI.

I averaged like 12 mpg with 5.5" inch lift and 33x12.50s and 5 passengers.

for the past 8 months, I'm averaging 0.00001 mpg.

After my vacation/roadtrip last week, I managed to put 1300 miles on the baby.

I had a lot of different readings between leg of the trip each way where I filled up because some legs of the trip(3 each way) involved going over a couple of intense mountain passes. So with a full pathy of gear and the gf, we got about 13mpg in the hardest leg of the trip and 16 mpg was the best I got.

Sunfire!? what the...! I thought they had to give you something of equal 'value' and "type"... I can't see ANY similarity between a Pathy and a *coughs* sunfire!

Sunfire!? what the...! I thought they had to give you something of equal 'value' and "type"... I can't see ANY similarity between a Pathy and a *coughs* sunfire!

No...they authorize any rental up to a certain amount. Any amount higher than that is up to you to pay...I could have gotten a comparable vehicle (i.e. Trailblazer, though, that's not really all that comparable to a Pathy :rolleyes:), but I would have only been able to keep it for 10 days. The Sunfire I can keep for up to a month on insurance's dime. :aok:

And besides...Sunfires are fun to jump off speedbumps. :lol:

yeah, when I played smash up derby with my pathy I was stuck with a Mazda Protege for a month... that poor car was in such a sad state... as much as the gas milage kicked ass, I sure did miss my truck!

Yeah...ditto on missing my truck!

Though...Only putting $25 in gas in since I got it 430 miles ago, ROCKS!!!

My Pathy, I would be up to about $50 in gas by now...

Hmm...time for a Diesel Rabbit DD.... :aok:

Idling, traffic, stop lights and a lead foot all can make a big difference. That and O2 senser, but you just changed that, didn't you ?? If it gets better milage with AC, don't complain !! ;)

B

lol.. not complaining 4 sure.. O2 is good.. about the same kind of driving on both tanks.. the foot has dropped some weight and is more like feather weight nowadays... but, the thing is that the milage has been increasing with last few tankfulls.. it's kind of weard is all i am saying.. :)

Guest guaremix

My 87 has been averaging about 12 MPG in the city, and about 15 MPG in higways, is that too much or is it normal?

well my 87 vg30 was getting about 17-18 city and 20-22 highway until this past week...and hopefully i burned .25 a tank doin burnouts cuze if not i've got serious problems cuze i've gone about 120 miles on 10 gallons of gas and going up 2 ins in tire size shouldnt drop my milage that much (i hope) cuze 12 mpg would just suck

Guest guaremix

Then could be any problem? How many miles do you drive with filled thank?

Edited by guaremix

usually get between 320 and 340 on roughly 18 gals of gas....but like i said i did a buncha burnouts B4 getting the new tires the other day and noticed that i usually have about 150-175 at half a tank and i barely had 100 then 3 days later i put 31s moving up from 235's and plus i went wheeling a couple times...so a mpg reading this time is prob way off...so i need to refill and check it all over again and hopefully it'll still be up around 17....but i do have a cracked manifold and a rich cond cuze i puff some black smoke every now and then along with the black ring on the tailpipe...so im pleased with the milage i've been getting i juts hope it hasnt gone to crap

My truck was averaging 13.7 no matter where I went -- although I usually did a bit of everything -- highway/city/offroad.

I cleaned my MAF last night and changed the air filter (the old one was DIRTY). So I'm hoping to see some gains. The truck already noticbly idles/runs smoother!

• 3 weeks later...