CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

Picked up my tire carrier today from my brother in law. He made it in one day. It's not painted yet. I'll take care of that. Can't wait to test fit it. It's modelled after this:

8ad7f294341fa63be5ee3264622609d3.jpg

f5f40e8676261ea4545f38845848bc94.jpg

Yeah it's for the hitch. But has a second "hitch" access so you can still hook up a trailer.

I'm sure others would be interested, but the logistics of shipping these would probably kill the deal. They essentially require a crate and pallet. From a private manufacturers perspective there just wouldn't be a feasible way of shipping these.

But for Ontario residents or those willing to travel, it might be an option. I will inquire with my brother in law to see if he would be interested in that. That is if I were to get a list of willing customers together.

Well if you want one, I can get another one build....BUT I should test fit mine first to work out any bugs. AND I should talk to my brother first to make sure he is interested. And then work out a price too. Cheaper than what the others are asking of course. Yet enough to make it worth his while.

I'm out in BC so that's a no go for me haha. It looks really good so far. Please make sure you include a lock down padlock for those gas tanks.

I never trust scavengers and want to make it hard for anyone trying to jack my stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test fitted. Needs some minor adjustments. But other than that, spot on!

18f8ba1629fd5a035c473d3d2884179d.jpg

e8a190da745342d3afd37306cdea72fe.jpg

1d9880ef8ecb5be7f9eed2408c3e7d79.jpg

1dacf48556bd8ec3767e73b844e540f8.jpg

5399d9a62ffce8cd91c36625c3e9b619.jpg

bcfbf4c0fba33d7f01aebad22581769c.jpg

Once I get adjustments made and the bolt studs put on for the spare, I'll paint it. And yes I'll have to make a bracket for the jerries. Especially since I need to buy 2 proper army ones as these holders are designed for those.

• Like 1

3 out of my 5 rims have arrived at my local 4wheelparts.... I'm confused. I don't understand how things operate I guess because it doesn't make any sense to me that first of all it takes 6-8 weeks for a set of simple steel wheels and then they would ship 3 and then again 2 later?! Why pay for shipping twice? What would be the point? Nobody can do anything with just. 3 wheels. If at least it was 4, I'd go get them and pick the spare up later...