CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

It will come with three spark related items, two of which are Vital. Should come with two sockets, one long, one short. Long is for plugs 1-5, the short one is for plug six, in addition to the handle aiding in the use of provided sprockets.

-Kyle

I have quite a few tools at home that should be able to tackle all 3 of those things. Unless the size of the bolts/lugs is one of a kind.

Also, I noticed I wrote Gorilla Rack in my first post, I mean to say Rhino Rack. Different beast. That's just one I was lookin at. I can't seem to pick one.

I like the Yakimas as there are a lot of attachments that come with it, but the price, especially with the extension is hefty.

I really just wanna be able to strap some jerry cans, a spare tire and a tent up there. Maybe a shovel on the side.

There are a lot of scattered bits and pieces of info on these racks, so I'm open to suggestions / recommendations and see what others have or wish they had. Quality is definitely a factor I'm planning on keeping it up year round. Especially with a snow shovel attached.

So Yakima, Rhino, Stanchion, Thule, and Craig have been some I considered. Any others I should look for? Any good sites to find these in Canada?

Thanks

Sent from Tapatalk

Recharged the AC today and added a Canadian Flag decal on the rear window.

Also ordered window wind deflectors and a bug/rock deflector for the hood.

Received Fleury's spacers...but, Steve, please check your email, I had a question.

So I ordered the Yakima Load warrior with extension. A bit pricey but I'm hoping this will prevent me from having to buy a higher end one after my less expensive one brakes. Hopefully this assessment is correct.

Also, next week, a 2"'lift will be on order, installing the spacers.

I received my decals from Fleury and my wife is now calling me a hill billy for wanting to put the pathfinder decal across the windshield.

On any other car, I totally agree that it's super lame to do that, and I personally make fun of people in honda civics (no offense to any civic owners) that put great big Honda decals on their cars. But I find for an off-roader, it's much more appropriate and actually looks good IMO. Looks like I'll just have to wear the flame suit at home for a while lol.

My wheels are still 6-7 weeks out from being ready as they are made order. Stupid unicorn bolt pattern.

Sent from Tapatalk

Recharged the AC today and added a Canadian Flag decal on the rear window.

Also ordered window wind deflectors and a bug/rock deflector for the hood.

Received Fleury's spacers...but, Steve, please check your email, I had a question.

Don,t see anything in my email... Please try again or send by pm.

S.

^^ lol thanks, I do have a bit of a thing for car detailing. I own way too many cleaning products, buffing, polishing, the whole 9 yards. That's a positive side effect I guess of owning a show car. A status which my S4 has only been able to achieve due to the Pathy, because now it will never drive in rain or snow again.

I will definitely take some before and after pics.

Today, I actually took it off-road for the first time. Nothing crazy, nothing spectacular, just dipped my big toe into the water to check it out. When I came back I got the service engine soon, light on. I changed the oil, but holy crap, where on earth is the oil filter??!! LOL I have a spare filter, but even with the manual and internet pictures I couldn't figure it out. And the whole "nintendo" combo thing of resetting the warning light hasn't worked for me either.

So tomorrow, I'll put on the NPORA decal. I'll wait with the big PF decal until I actually have a lift and wheels and tires. I got too much beer down range right now to put the decals up now, they probably wouldn't be straight lol.

the tiny oil filter is on the front driver side of the engine....right above the steering rack bushing.

as for the SEL..go and buy a OBD2 reader...it saves a lot of guess work. I got a basic one at princess auto for about $50.00

I have an ODB2 cable for VAGCOM (Audi VW) and the plug looks like it would fit, but i only have the software for VAG vehicles. Is there a free software for Nissan?

Found the oil filter, was pretty easy once I removed the factory belly plate, which had all but 4 screws snapped off, and I snapped off 2 more.

Bought a CB radio with antenna and mount. Yakima Roof rack and cargo basket are on the way. Lift will be done this Thursday. Just need the wheels and tires to hurry up already.

Edited by CDN_S4

I received my decals from Fleury and my wife is now calling me a hill billy for wanting to put the pathfinder decal across the windshield.

On any other car, I totally agree that it's super lame to do that, and I personally make fun of people in honda civics (no offense to any civic owners) that put great big Honda decals on their cars. But I find for an off-roader, it's much more appropriate and actually looks good IMO. Looks like I'll just have to wear the flame suit at home for a while lol.

I don't get your reasoning here. Why is it lame on a civic and not a pathfinder? What exactly about it being an offroader makes a model decal more appropriate?

Today, added bug deflector and window wind deflectors.

Dropped a screw into the motor. Didn't see it after so I figured it landed on the skid plate or something. Started it up and now had a loud ticking sound. Turns out the screw punctured itself through one of the belts in the front. This led to me finding out that there isn't just one serpentine belt but 3 separate ones.

Here's the pics

unetudyb.jpg

ehape4uv.jpg

ega7eped.jpg

They are the in channel ones indeed. And no they work fine with the windows. But you have to make sure to really push them and keep the windows shut after the install. It's my first experience with in-channel ones. On my explorer I have the ones that attach to the outside. What a mess that leaves once they come off!! I had a buzzing coming from one as te glue was getting weak so I re-taped it, which was a huge PITA. So I'm hoping these will be more user friendly and effective.

It's from Autopartsway.ca

They have a US site too.

Items in Your Order:

Part Number: V15194105

Part Name: Side Window Vent

QTY Ordered: 1

Item Price: $85.54

Item Total: $85.54

Part Number: V1523132

Part Name: Hood Stone Guard

QTY Ordered: 1

Item Price: $70.92

Item Total: $70.92

Lifted!!!

Before:

huhy3y4y.jpg

After:

3esamage.jpg

aha7e8a9.jpg

upy8e9at.jpg

Should I be getting a new alignment done after the install??

Next on the list is the Yakima roof rack cross bars as well as load warrior cargo basket with extension.

The wheels and tires are still 4-6 weeks out! I'm sooooo impatient and the wait is killing me as the wheels and tires is THE most important change to make this rig look awesome!!

Also have a CB radio on the way.

Edited by CDN_S4