CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

This might be a bit untraditional where I start my build thread on day one of ownership and I will use this thread to post all my updates, questions etc as I go along on this new project.

This is unchartered territory for me as I have always owned cars and lowered them with all the works. Which is in fact the very reason why I picked up this PF. I don't wanna drive my baby (S4) in the nasty winters we get here in NB.

This thread also serves as my official intro.

So here is the reason why I picked up this PF today:

myrubata.jpg

Being a car enthusiast, there is no way I can leave this PF alone. And it will be my Dr Jackyll to my Mr Hide, it will be the exact opposite. Higher instead of lower, rough and tough as opposed to sophisticated and luxurious. You get the idea.

Already ordered is a 2" lift from Steve Fleury, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers with 31x10.5 Goodyear Wranglers.

Also on the list is a Gorilla roof rack for the spare.

The rest will come as I go along... There are plenty of awesome PF on here that have inspired me and given me ideas to which direction to go.

On to pics.

Day 1:

ugezaqum.jpg

vupygany.jpg

Receiving some much appreciated help from my daughter, who's first word was "car" BTW lol,

jemyhujy.jpg

ry8uny9a.jpg

And the odometer: in KM

8yhevymu.jpg

Wer Böhses sät, wird Onkelz ernten

• Like 2

Admin...sorry tapatalk screwed me up and I accidentally posted this thread 4 times. Please delete all but 1. Thanks. Sorry guys.

Admin...sorry tapatalk screwed me up and I accidentally posted this thread 4 times. Please delete all but 1. Thanks. Sorry guys.

:lol: I was all prepared to be a jerk!

• Like 1

I really like the colour! can't believe its in such great shape, then I saw that it has 100,000 km less than mine. did you get it from some grandma who only drove it to church on sundays?

• Like 2

That's what I'm in the middle of right now:

Trunk before

uqape9e5.jpg

Trunk after:

hu2esare.jpg

Back seat carpets:

mu8aqu9e.jpg

And the inlay carpet before pic. Currently working on this one. After pic to follow

u4evu2ap.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Damn....

I keep my little Corolla car pretty clean , but my truck is a "neatnik nightmare" ! :lmao:

I work with a guy who does detailing , real nice work .

He bought a 2002 Xterra in late 2001 , to date it has under 15,000 miles on it .

He gets after me to let him do my Pathfinder , and I tell him....

"Kenny , there are things in there that will scar you for life !" . :laugh:

Years of duck blood , mud , sand , feathers....

It's like the fine patina on an old shotgun to me , take it off and what do you have ?

First thing I bought for it back in 2000 was a full set of the "tray" style mats , 'cause I knew what was gonna happen !

• Like 1

As for "tray" style floor mats, such as weather tech or husky, will probably be in my future as I wanna keep the salt water off the floor in the winter, as I want to avoid having it soak and sit in the carpet, rusting holes in the floor. Hard to tell what the damage is so far as the driver side carpet was crusted solid with salt and dirt. But that's all gone now :)

Sent from Tapatalk

Yeah the PO only had it for a bit. And it was a second vehicle for him. The PO to the PO was the main owner who I suspect must have been some old lady or old man who took it to go play Golf on weekends. I found a peg under the seat when I folded them up to clean underneath them.

There was definitely a dog involved by the PO and he never cleaned it inside.

And no post is complete without pics:

zujyzyba.jpg

Also, found the trailer wires:

gademu5y.jpg

gy5yquny.jpg

What would this strap be for? It's located in the middle of the back seat, under the seats.

Sent from Tapatalk

Not sure about that strap , it's been a while since I've been under my back seat .

I'll take a look in a bit .

Did you lift the rear seat yet ?

The jack and associated pieces are stored there .

The arm would be in the tool kit I mentioned, which I'm guessing you don't have anymore. It's a little leather pouch. Try a junk yard and pick one up?

Edited by lerch641

Yep. However, the arm for the jack is not strapped down. It is held in place with the white clips.

Right on, I'll keep my eyes peeled for one. I'll probably end up with a high jack eventually anyways.

Sent from Tapatalk

A high jack requires strong mounting points on the body or bumpers. The only way to use one on our R50's is to have an off-road bumper and rock sliders welded in place.

^^ good to know. I wanted sliders eventually, but didn't know they have to be welded. Guess I'll hold off on that purchase. A front bumper with rails might be in its future too.

Sent from Tapatalk

What kind of spark plug stuff do you mean? Like the extended socket? I have one of those.

Also I bought oil for an oil change. Picked up Castrol 5W30. Is there any oil that is recommended over another? I know with my Audi it's always a heated topic.

Sent from Tapatalk