Custom headers

Cory74700

Maybe I am just being a little harsh about all this...but for years we have tried to accomplish numbers like these and how everyone says it is impossible...maybe that is why I have a hard time believing what he has done.?

If everything is true then as a member of NPORA please, please find out more info for your fellow Pathy owners so we can also benefit from your research and mods.

Thanks,

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="stalker" data-cid="652597" data-time="1359422870"><p>

Maybe I am just being a little harsh about all this...but for years we have tried to accomplish numbers like these and how everyone says it is impossible...maybe that is why I have a hard time believing what he has done.? <br />

If everything is true then as a member of NPORA please, please find out more info for your fellow Pathy owners so we can also benefit from your research and mods.<br />

Thanks,</p></blockquote>

You are not being harsh. You are being realistic :aok:

That was my thought also, especially given the toaster type wind resistance. I know how a VG33 R50 runs at 2600 @70mph fairly well but given a grade or more wind resistance and more than a 1000rpm less, it would bog like it was on tar paper. :shrug:

The dyno sheets don't show RPM? What, 40/50 hp/tq@ 1000 rpm? I'm not getting this either...

B

One of My buddies camaros was on the dyno, he acutally let it idle on the resistance dyno in 4th gear. From seeing many many cars on the dyno this is not a common thing, High HP cars genarally have to keep the RPM at least 1500 because they make all the power up high and don't have much kick down low.

Anyway, that ~325 HP LT1 showed 100HP close to the same TQ on the dyno at idle. I imagine you'd need 2/3 that to do so on the street.

I really hoped this thread would focus on headers when I read the title....

why? That was resolved on the first page. The rest has all been a braging and questioning session (without satisfactory answers I might add).

Here's a recap; Thorley long and short, EE, Pace Setter and OBX do not require frame modifactions to install.

Plus, there are tons of headder threads already on NPORA.

Edited by MY1PATH
  • Like 1

Why is anyone questioning any of this? It's just the first pathy with custom HF (high fuel) gears, one off made. First pathy to hit 180MPH on a dyno (why does the graph read HP over MPH?)

First pathy in a wind tunnel, who knew they were so efficient? First pathy to achieve 30+ mpg. Possibly first with custom tranny gears. Next will be the first to successfully run true duals off of custom headers and have it make power, that's the point of this whole thread.

I love that you enjoy your truck, but without some real documentation, meaning "there slogan was...", or "my uncle did it, he's a wizard" it's hard to believe that a 19yo smoothie maker is re-writing pathy history.

Be patient, real tests require real proof. Your dyno graphs have no vehicle description and don't list data in a conventional way (ie HP over rpm) 5th gear pulls make no sense.

You are leaving the community with more questions than answers. If you have some real developments with your truck, lets see pics, receipts, data logs... You claim to have what we all want (power and efficiency), so lets see it!!

• Like 4

Custom tranny gears? I must have missed that one, I thought he just swapped 5th gear and got taller Diff gears.

The 30A had a few different gear ratios over the years. Once I make enough power to use 5th more often think I want to install a higher 5th out of a newer 30A transmission.

Oh, documentation, I can't forget that;
nicoclub.com/fsm 94PF MT section SDS and 02X MT section SDS.

So your telling me this all could be false info..? I am completely blindsided..

DANG

I was just about to have my cousins, half sisters boyfriend dads friend modify the alternator so my truck would run half gas/half electric.

• Like 3

*sigh*

Well, apparently it has come to a head...

Cory, you are going to have to address this before anyone will take you seriously about headers. What you post flies in the face of experience and experimentation. If it is true, people would love to hear how...

Lets hold up and let him answer please...

B

• Like 3

wow. What a troll. Not a single thing that kid said made any sense. I knew it was all BS when he started talking about selling master-crafted inside/outside ceramic coated headers for under $100.

But like seriously, maybe he wants these custom headers so can can top 200hp on a 1990s 3.0 liter pick-up truck engine.

I do! It's my garage with a box fan and some incense for smoke! Works great! I found that if mount a sheet of plywood from the front of the hood going up to the roof line I can shave off about 50% of the drag. Now if I could just get around the visibility issues. Do you think it's legal to drive by camera?

• Like 1

You know I talked good stuff about NPORA to many people around town here, got a few of my friends here to join the site, I didn't want to believe what they all said was true, but they're right. I found this site and figured, hey this could help me, a site that's ran and operated and filled with people who love their pathfinders, well I was wrong, the people here are a joke to me, its full of very few people who know what their talking about all of which I now have personal contact with outside of NPORA. I thought everyone on here would act as adults, not junior high schoolers making fun of people calling them liars, jokes, fools, saying your full of @&#33;*%, learn about what your doing before you speak about it. Sorry to break it to you, but not just me but my whole family has been in the mechanics industry since the 1908 Ford model T, so before anyone here accuses or makes fun of someone again, just keep in mind that they themselves may not have the superb skills as others here but they may have family that do, I'm a diesel mechanic not a gas mechanic, sorry that I don't personally pump up my car and have someone else do it for me.

Oh by the way, ANY ADMINISTRATOR OF THIS SITE, CONTACT ME VIA MESSAGE IMMEDIATELY IN REGARDS AS TO HOW TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT FROM THIS SITE, that is if I don't figure it out myself by the morning time. You can thank just about everyone who's been commenting on this post for the loss of not just me but the 12 other people I encouraged to join this site. Farewell.

Following this thread, this is what I saw:

Several people excited about the breakthrough you made, and eager to see proof.

(This is the internet after all, for all this forum knows, I dont even own the cars I list in my sig.)

Several who were not swayed because there was no proof.

Some childish comments that come with an internet forum.

A topic starter who reacted fairly at first, but did not (for what ever reason)

produce proof that was requested, then completely flipped out at the reactions to no proof.

Oh well, can't have it all.

• Like 3

I was getting around 9-10 with my non OD automatic hardbody with 33's and 4.62 gears back in the day, about 16 now with my pathfinder, same gears, OD auto and 31's, different FI of course, I'd be happy with 20 MPG !!

I provided more than sufficient proof, people say 180+mph isn't possible in a pathfinder, I showed pictures, of course I realize that's not possible on the road unless you have an extreme tailwind and 5miles straight downhill but on a dyno it was done and my max on the road was today at 162mph usinga Garmin GPS as a speedometer going a quarter mile downhill then completely level ground, I lost power around 4,500 rpms with my long gears. People didn't believe my pathfinder came stock 4x4 with 215/75/r15 tires, I provided proof there, people don't believe 188hp is possible from a 3.0 tbi vg30i engine, I posted dyno pics, and to clarify to the one who said it doesn't say make/model, it definitely does, look after the jumble of words, you'll see NISS short for Nissan, followed by numbers representing pathfinder, v6, and 4x4. Evidence is posted, theres nothing more that I can show and also the slogan for the company that did my diff gears was Jaws axle and rear end. I don't keep receipts after taxes, as they're all mailed to my tax agent then shredded after she makes copies.