Custom headers

Cory74700

I don't question that a VG30E and even VG30i is an efficient motor. It's extremely efficient for the technology it was built on. It can make lots of power too. The only problem is that the physics don't add up here. You are hauling a 3800 lbs brick of a truck around on a small engine. You can't have 180 hp and get 30 mpg at the same time even on longer gears which would actually cause even more stress on the engine and have even longer acceleration times. Maybe longer gears allow for cruising at lower rpms when going faster but even the wind resistance is going to require more fuel.

Also going with an X pipe is much better than true dual anyway as it will balance out the sides. Just talk to anyone who builds exhaust systems.

Hey if you found a way to make a old WD21 get 30+ mpg don't hesitate to share as many details as you can. :lol:

There were pictures?

I saw nothing.

I see I cannot comment as I'm missing the full picture.

See, you too... a little proof always boost the credibility. :laugh:

Philippe.

I provided more than sufficient proof, people say 180+mph isn't possible in a pathfinder, I showed pictures, of course I realize that's not possible on the road unless you have an extreme tailwind and 5miles straight downhill but on a dyno it was done and my max on the road was today at 162mph usinga Garmin GPS as a speedometer going a quarter mile downhill then completely level ground, I lost power around 4,500 rpms with my long gears. People didn't believe my pathfinder came stock 4x4 with 215/75/r15 tires, I provided proof there, people don't believe 188hp is possible from a 3.0 tbi vg30i engine, I posted dyno pics, and to clarify to the one who said it doesn't say make/model, it definitely does, look after the jumble of words, you'll see NISS short for Nissan, followed by numbers representing pathfinder, v6, and 4x4. Evidence is posted, theres nothing more that I can show and also the slogan for the company that did my diff gears was Jaws axle and rear end. I don't keep receipts after taxes, as they're all mailed to my tax agent then shredded after she makes copies.

Ask your uncle to come in and explain how he chipped the ecu, I'm sure some of us would give it a try, hell I'd be extremly happy to even get my milage up in the 20s

I'm officially calling Shenanigans. Get your brooms.

Being a stickler for numbers has brought me back to this retarded thread one too many times. I went over everything and there are some glaring discrepancies. Here is the first: http://www.hdforums.com/forum/blowers-turbos-nitrous-oxide/663959-120r-turbo.html

195461d1310173944-120r-turbo-120r-11lbs-

Look familiar? That's the exact same image that Cory posted as "proof" that his VG30i can put down 190hp to the wheels. If you look closely at "his" other dyno sheet, you will notice that the date has been altered to read "5/24/2012" while the file path clearly shows that the run was actually on 05/21/2010. He also altered a few other places on the image.

Aside from the pictures he states in one post that he was at 2600 RPM in 5th @75 MPH (post #24) which could be correct depending on a few factors, but he later states that he was running 1000-1100 RPM @75 in 5th and 2600 RPM in 4th (Post #68). His gear ratios that he listed for the transmission were in line with stock gearing, but he stated that he had custom gears cut @ 2.42:1. In order to achieve 1000-1100 RPM @ 75MPH with stock transmission gearing you would need to have 1.5:1 gears. I can just see the R&P set now. 16 tooth pinion with a 24 tooth ring gear :rofl:

Let's just admit that this was a great troll job and leave it at that. Hell, this guy puts Tungsten to shame :jk:

Mods: Please honor Cory's request and delete him.

• Like 3

If anybody is interested, I can do REAL before and after Dyno's on my 3.3 swap so people have an idea of expected gains for my kind of swap.
Taken with a grain of salt, not all dynometers are the same. SOME have been referenced as higher or lower than other machines down the street. (up to 20hp difference on big muscle cars).

• Like 4

You know I talked good stuff about NPORA to many people around town here, got a few of my friends here to join the site, I didn't want to believe what they all said was true, but they're right. I found this site and figured, hey this could help me, a site that's ran and operated and filled with people who love their pathfinders, well I was wrong, the people here are a joke to me, its full of very few people who know what their talking about all of which I now have personal contact with outside of NPORA. I thought everyone on here would act as adults, not junior high schoolers making fun of people calling them liars, jokes, fools, saying your full of @!*%, learn about what your doing before you speak about it. Sorry to break it to you, but not just me but my whole family has been in the mechanics industry since the 1908 Ford model T, so before anyone here accuses or makes fun of someone again, just keep in mind that they themselves may not have the superb skills as others here but they may have family that do, I'm a diesel mechanic not a gas mechanic, sorry that I don't personally pump up my car and have someone else do it for me.

Oh by the way, ANY ADMINISTRATOR OF THIS SITE, CONTACT ME VIA MESSAGE IMMEDIATELY IN REGARDS AS TO HOW TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT FROM THIS SITE, that is if I don't figure it out myself by the morning time. You can thank just about everyone who's been commenting on this post for the loss of not just me but the 12 other people I encouraged to join this site. Farewell.

:wackinit:

Keep it in your pants Stalker. P...

You know I talked good stuff about NPORA to many people around town here, got a few of my friends here to join the site, I didn't want to believe what they all said was true, but they're right. I found this site and figured, hey this could help me, a site that's ran and operated and filled with people who love their pathfinders, well I was wrong, the people here are a joke to me, its full of very few people who know what their talking about all of which I now have personal contact with outside of NPORA. I thought everyone on here would act as adults, not junior high schoolers making fun of people calling them liars, jokes, fools, saying your full of @!*%, learn about what your doing before you speak about it. Sorry to break it to you, but not just me but my whole family has been in the mechanics industry since the 1908 Ford model T, so before anyone here accuses or makes fun of someone again, just keep in mind that they themselves may not have the superb skills as others here but they may have family that do, I'm a diesel mechanic not a gas mechanic, sorry that I don't personally pump up my car and have someone else do it for me.

Oh by the way, ANY ADMINISTRATOR OF THIS SITE, CONTACT ME VIA MESSAGE IMMEDIATELY IN REGARDS AS TO HOW TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT FROM THIS SITE, that is if I don't figure it out myself by the morning time. You can thank just about everyone who's been commenting on this post for the loss of not just me but the 12 other people I encouraged to join this site. Farewell.

I provided more than sufficient proof, people say 180+mph isn't possible in a pathfinder, I showed pictures, of course I realize that's not possible on the road unless you have an extreme tailwind and 5miles straight downhill but on a dyno it was done and my max on the road was today at 162mph usinga Garmin GPS as a speedometer going a quarter mile downhill then completely level ground, I lost power around 4,500 rpms with my long gears. People didn't believe my pathfinder came stock 4x4 with 215/75/r15 tires, I provided proof there, people don't believe 188hp is possible from a 3.0 tbi vg30i engine, I posted dyno pics, and to clarify to the one who said it doesn't say make/model, it definitely does, look after the jumble of words, you'll see NISS short for Nissan, followed by numbers representing pathfinder, v6, and 4x4. Evidence is posted, theres nothing more that I can show and also the slogan for the company that did my diff gears was Jaws axle and rear end. I don't keep receipts after taxes, as they're all mailed to my tax agent then shredded after she makes copies.

Is that really your response and explanation? :doh:

Yeah, I've been watching the contradictions and backpedaling pile up as well, but thanks for the math and sleuth work Koveman. :)

Well Cory, you definitely have too much free time. I'll recommend your account to be closed.

B

• Like 1

If anybody is interested, I can do REAL before and after Dyno's on my 3.3 swap so people have an idea of expected gains for my kind of swap.

Taken with a grain of salt, not all dynometers are the same. SOME have been referenced as higher or lower than other machines down the street. (up to 20hp difference on big muscle cars).

If you do, please share them. Yours I can believe. ;)

B

• Like 2