Custom headers

Cory74700

I don't necessarily make a lot of money, I make enough to get me by and when I need extra cash I save up, and work lots of side jobs, I have to have at least one taxable job or the IRS would be on me all the time, none of my work is illegal its just not taxed, such as my custom fabrication work, I make things, and base a price off of the competitors, which usually is cutting their price in half or less, charge no tax and no shipping fees within the continuous 48 states, it proves to be very valuable to me and it works

Gear ratios came from a local shop here that custom makes them to specification these gear ratios were matched from a jeep tj and the tranny gear ratios were calculated by the rpms vs how many times the tire spun through some equasion basing upon how many teeth are on each gear opposed to one another this was all done back in November of 2011 when I first got it, I wasn't happy with how it behaved stock so we did some minor modifications, spent a bunch of money to have the gears special made, swapped out the standard overdrive 5th gear for a higher ratio 5th gear and the speedometer part, it was a universal kit to correct the wheel speed to the speedometer it came from GMffor an early model bronco that still used the speedometer cable vs doing it electronically as the 91 and up pathfinders switched to, might I add that the speedometer cable housing, the little plastic piece behind the gauge cluster is a royal pain in the arse to find. And the way we got the gear ratios to begin with used all that calculating and what not, in phoenix, az they put my car on this treadmill type thing, strapped it down as you would on a dyno and hooked up their system to it to gauge the rpms, and it was also hooked to the drive shaft to output the revolutions to the rear axle then from there to the wheel itself and ran it through the gears pairing it with the rpms then dividing and doing s whole bunch of calculating to figure out my true road force gear ratio, it was a hefty process but when everything was said and done they showed me the results, I took note of them and went on my way, I'd love to share the name of the company but that's way beyond my memory span

What shop is that in Grass Valley?

B

Local isn't referring to grass valley it was in Roseville and Sacramento I don't exactly remember their name but their slogan is "rear ends is all we do"

How much did they charge you to custom make your R&P gears..?

All these mods you have done could possibly make someone some decent amount of cash...so if you could do some research of all these shops and hit your uncle up about more info on his ECU skills...I'm sure everyone here on NPORA would appreciate it...

*snort*

Local isn't referring to grass valley it was in Roseville and Sacramento I don't exactly remember their name but their slogan is "rear ends is all we do"

Any of these sound familiar?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jaws-gear-and-axle-sacramento

http://www.rearendshop.com/

Those were the only ones that came up with that slogan, but fortunately there aren't many dedicated rear end shops around, even in Sac, to this shouldn't be hard to chase down. What year did you get it done. Any other helpful info? North Sac, West Sac, etc? I went to Sac State, so I know the area well.

B

It was roughly $1,900 for the rear gears due to the inconvenience of the splines required to make it fit and yes I have horrible memory all the facts and statictics are from my records written down

I hear ya, I'm real good with remembering numbers, suck at math but I can still remember the phone number from Jim Connor Racing from the 90's, well actually I just checked I was one digit off, lol

Keep posting about your mods .

Yes I sure will ahardb0dy and also I'm not sure who was asking about my gear set but also it allows me to do 75mph at extremely low rpms and my top speed on the dyno was over 180 with picture proof, so that kinda says it all about my gear ratios.

It was roughly $1,900 for the rear gears due to the inconvenience of the splines required to make it fit and yes I have horrible memory all the facts and statictics are from my records written down
For both front and rear..?

So $1900 for gears.? And no drivers side handle and miss match set of wheels..?

Also tungsten from your earlier post, I run 235/75/r15 which is larger than what came stock on my pathfinder, also an effect with my fuel mileage could be my extremely low gear ratios front and rear.

I thought you only had the rear re-geared..? So you have new gears in the front and rear..?

$1,900 for the rear nobody asked about the front price I intentionally removed the door handles as a security feature (c'mon ask me how its a security feature) the mismatched wheels are because I mount and balance my own tires, I have to pay to have the old tires dismounted and just got new rear tires. First gear is a breeze taking off, and the rest are great too, as I shift with no clutch, that's only for first and reverse. And a car doesn't have to be pretty to have power and the necessary components internally I don't care about the exterior just yet that's going to be the last thing to be worked on mechanical always comes first you should know that.

Any further replies from you (stalker) will be ignored, if you would like to speak off topic with me then you can private message me, thank you. This will also be my final response being off of the clearly defined above topic (Custom Headers).

Thread jack on:

So when you bring up having rear work done and ramble on about your power and gas mileage knowone is supposed to ask questions in you thread "custom headers" section.?

Do you not understand the fact that all pathfinder owners would love to produce the numbers you are producing and with the lack of detailed information and know directions to point us all in is why we ask so many question..

Save it bro

Thread jack off:

Edited by stalker
  • Like 1

I don't think any VG series motor will pull a pathy down the freeway that close to Idle. Just not enough torque.

That's the kind of thing 350 owners talk about with their muscle cars. (ballpark of 280-300hp/300-350tq to the wheels and up).

My buddies camaro does it in 6th rear and its really nice but even with a V34 and a re-gear I don't think a pathy would do it.

But Cory has custom made rear axle gears and custom made transmission gears so who knows, he says his truck does that, why join this site just to lie to everyone???

Notice, my comment was about the power plant not the gears or transmisson. Even with tall highway gearing I do not think a VG engine could do it.

Put your pathfinder in 5th gear at idle (about 30mph stock) and see how it drives(stumbles hard doesn't it?). Now Imagine being geared to do the same thing at 75mph. More than double the speed of stock gearing.

Sure it would be nice, but Just think about it...

Edited by MY1PATH

5th is about 1,000*/-1,100, 4th is 2,600

I don't think any VG series motor will pull a pathy down the freeway that close to Idle. Just not enough torque.

That was my thought also, especially given the toaster type wind resistance. I know how a VG33 R50 runs at 2600 @70mph fairly well but given a grade or more wind resistance and more than a 1000rpm less, it would bog like it was on tar paper. :shrug:

The dyno sheets don't show RPM? What, 40/50 hp/tq@ 1000 rpm? I'm not getting this either...

B