Rear Bumper Pics

Looks good brother, keep the pictures coming! It might motivate the rest of us to finish our projects...

Don't use the f-word!

Looks good man :aok:

Looks good! :aok:

But, I think you should have left more gap between the body and bumper so you have a little flex space. You never know when you might go over a cliff backwards and end up bouncing off of a big rock, don't want it to flex and hit the body!

On a serious note, you might want to make a shield for the back side of the receiver so mud doesn't get in there. If you leave the receiver in after a mudding trip it will get stuck in there.

James

Looks good! :aok:

But, I think you should have left more gap between the body and bumper so you have a little flex space. You never know when you might go over a cliff backwards and end up bouncing off of a big rock, don't want it to flex and hit the body!

On a serious note, you might want to make a shield for the back side of the receiver so mud doesn't get in there. If you leave the receiver in after a mudding trip it will get stuck in there.

James

The bumper wasn't bolted on in any of these pics. Once it's mounted ot will have enough gap to accommodate body/frame flex. As for the reciever... I left it open so of anything gets in there I can knock it out ether end with a stick or whatever I can find. I don't go mudding much so is my thinking all wrong?

my hitch that i got from a JY pathy goes straight through. :) i like that way. easier to clean out. other wise it would be splashing back at you.

that bumper looks awesome!:D

• Like 1

All finished!

Now to run bed liner down the side of the truck (the black part) to help prevent rust and to fill the gap where there old bumper covered.

We rushed the completion of this quite a bit so it's not as perfect as I would have liked. However I think it turned out pretty good and it's strong as hell. Does everything I wanted it to do. Plus if I ever build a trailer setup for 4 wheeling, the hitch height is perfect.

I may eventually cut the quarter panels to angle up to meet the rear bumper. Make it look nice and clean.

292116_10150904927293087_732603086_9743924_1800470541_n.jpg

553409_10150904927893087_732603086_9743926_219442005_n.jpg

581195_10150904926848087_1960031657_n.jpg

Rocker panels, sliders, fender wells, and fender lips are all protected with bed liner. Let's hope it stays on the truck lol. I didn't prep the surface very well. Doesn't look that good but it looks better than rust. As I said before, I'm moving to NY next month so I need to protect the truck if I want it to last.

Oh and let me tell you what. This helped a ton with road noise! It works so well that I'll be pulling the door panels and carpet at some point and spraying it with under coating as well as trying to coat the entire underside of the truck.

416605_10150907653448087_732603086_9752398_1822449728_o.jpg

416282_10150907652383087_875997819_o.jpg

That looks great. Wish I had the time and money to build one.

Is your old rear bumper for sale? I need a factory replacement for now.

Edited by Tungsten

That's good. Maybe you can take the old bumper with you and I can drive over to your new place and pick it up? Unless of course you already have too much stuff to carry. :lol: Syracuse would be a pretty fun drive, I was there before.

• 4 weeks later...

Dupli-Color Bed Armor with Kevlar. It has a rough texture but I like it. I would highly recommend using 4 to 6 coats. The thicker the better. The gallon kit (with roller and brush) is about $100 out the door depending on where you buy it. Their are better deals online. Plus if you check there website you'll find rebates from time to time. Right now they have a $30 rebate. That puts this product in the very inexpensive category compared to others of it quality.

It will come off just like any other bed liner if you scrape it across rocks of something like that. I think it looks good and couldn't be happier with it. Plus it's water based and paintable. Keep in mind it's all about prep with any paint or bed liner. You prep it right and it will hold up great. They say two coats is enough but I can tell you two coats is not going to be enough. This stuff has clumps because of the Kevlar so you need to add a bunch of coats to get the clumps to look a little more uniform. Plus bed liner should be thick to take the abuse, not paper thin. Two coats will scrape off really easy because it's so thin. Cake this on and you're golden. You can add more coats at anytime. I redid my front bumper when I did the rest of the truck just because I had a few spots where I had some rock rash. Looks better then new right now. When it comes to cleaning it. The brush at the car was does just fine. Haven't notices any fading since it fully dried. It will fade a tiny bit over the first week or so. But you will also realize it's much harder at that point than it was after the first 24 hours.

Anyway I hope all that info helps. I tried the cheap Dupli-Color Bed Coating on the inside of my bread truck and it sucks. Not impressed at all!!! Not even close to the same quality. Don't buy it. Make sure you get the Bed Armor with Kevlar.

Oh and don't buy those spray cans of bed liner. They aren't the same and hold very little. You'll spend a ton of money on them and never get anywhere near what you're looking for. Might as well buy paint if you're going to buy that crap.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered a gallon from jegs and its 83.99 with a 25 dollar rebate on the gallon kit with everything. Am going to go threw the process this weekend on my r50 since moving from FL I have no rust and here in the north east just wanna survive as long as possible. I figure if I keep up with it I will have many more years