So I found a dead person this morning.....

Alkorahil

So I was going out to by truck this morning and caught out of the corner of my eye a vehicle with the driver door open. (This is at 6am so thats wierd to see)

I could see a leg hanging out of the door, so I walked over closer and could see the guy slumped over on his steering wheel at a wierd angle. I tappend on the bed of his truck and tried to get his attention to make sure he was ok. He didnt move or burdge at all. I watched for a moment and realized this guy was not breathing and started to back up and called the police who got there in 3 minutes. They said it looked like he had been dead for awhile. It was very creepy.

Why did you do it, Rob?? WHY??

Just kidding Bud. That is sad and weird at the same time. Older guy?? Cardiac arrest maybe?? Hopefully is was quick for him.

Good for you actually giving a shiet and going over to check things out. All too many people just shrug and move along...

B

I had seen the guy around for awhile, he moved in around 6 months ago. I think he worked for the phone company based on the equipment he had on him.

He was around 35 if I was to guess his age and he usually got home about the same time I did.

Other than that dont know much about him. Never had talked to him. When they were getting my statement one of the other police (4 showed up) said it looked like natural causes. The detective who called me later on in the day to do a follow up with me said it looked like a heart attack and didnt think any foul play.

I didnt get more than 4 feet from him and when he didnt respond and didnt look like he was breathing I started to back up and get away in cause it was a crime scene or in case there was something splattered all over the inside of the cab I didnt want to see. :thumbsdown:

It was creepy enough to start with. Truck not running, no lights on and no movement from the guy at all.

doesn't it SUCK to be the one to find them? i hope never to experience it again. kudos to you for taking some action and checkin things out and calling the cops!

Kudos for caring and actually taking initiative as said. Smart on not looking in too deep though, there are things you could see that you try to forget but get burnt into the back of your head for life...

I use to drive dead people down to Tucson in a cargo van from Phoenix. My first trip or two was weird but I got over it pretty quickly. The part that matters is long gone and off to heaven (we hope). The rest is no different than the body of dead animals. I had to teach myself to think that way. If I started to think about the person to much it would have bugged me.

wow and I thought it was weird carting a 2 day old dead snapping turtle around in the trunk until I could get it to a field to deposit it...

thats crazy. Kinda odd to think about how they are alike, a dead human body and a dead animal body...no difference at that point.

I worked Search and Rescue (hence my nickname) and have had a few body extractions myself. I always wondered what their last few moments were like. hmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

That sucks...I haven't had That experience yet...although I remember my buddies dad going to the obx for a week fishing trip and 3 men got tangled up in their gill nets...they pulled 2 in the 3rd was a lot cause they did CPR on the 2...1 died on the way to the hospital in a coast guard helicopter and they did CPR on the other for over an hr but he was dead by the time the coast guard got back...they drank like 5 cases of beer in 2 days between 2 guys and came home early without ever fishing