what is this hose?

Nice186

ok so i was trying to change my oil filter (which is a pain) then when i dropped my truck down i see a lil leak? i took my finger under it and its clear and looks like water? it doesnt smell like anything? look here is the hose(its coming out from the body)

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

Edited by Nice186

condesation drip hose for the ac coil

So its part of the ac then huh. Is it a big problem if I let it say like this for a few day? Or will it get worst?

P.S. Holy long amp wire run Batman!

Yeah when mine was run they drilled a hole in that rubber thing the wire harness runs through (you can see it bottom left in the pic) and then sealed it with some silicone.

And yeah that thing is for all the water condensating on the evaporator to drain out. You know like when your using a paintball gun or a can of air duster and it gets water forming on the outside well it needs somewhere to go!

and if it stops leaking water in that area onto the ground than it's time to pull up the carpet on the pass. side and check for water as the drain tube would probably be clogged

routine maintenance before summer... make sure the drain hose is clear or you will get water dripping onto your passenger's feet when you make a hard left turn while running the AC.

been there

routine maintenance before summer... make sure the drain hose is clear or you will get water dripping onto your passenger's feet when you make a hard left turn while running the AC.

been there

You got if! I'll make sure it is clear from anything