What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

4 doors DO have 2 door envy, that's why they have front seat bracketry/mechanisims and hide their rear handles!

Absolutely, I wish they made a 2-door R50.

Today though I finished my windshield washer reservoir relocation. Pics and description are in my build thread.

Replaced rear sway bar links.

One of them was broken, So I did them both. . . 4 nuts = 4 hours over two days. . . rust can nibble my fiddly bits. . .

But! the clunk is still there!

It's weird. When I brake in 2-hi, come to a complete stop, release pressure on the brake pedal the body settles and Clunk! Take foot off of brake, apply throttle and . . . clunk!

Doesn't do it in 4-hi or 4-lo, only in 2-hi. Doesn't do it on bumps or around corners. Shocks pass the bounce test and I can't find anything else loose under the truck.

It baffles, disconcerts and annoys the ever living (shag) out of me. Help?

One of them was broken, So I did them both. . . 4 nuts = 4 hours over two days. . . rust can nibble my fiddly bits. . .

It's weird. When I brake in 2-hi, come to a complete stop, release pressure on the brake pedal the body settles and Clunk! Take foot off of brake, apply throttle and . . . clunk!

Doesn't do it in 4-hi or 4-lo, only in 2-hi. Doesn't do it on bumps or around corners. Shocks pass the bounce test and I can't find anything else loose under the truck.

I get the same problem, it is time to change the bushing on the upper and lower links and the panhar bushings as well. I wish Rob was next door... .

Ph.

Mine does this too. I really think it has to be the bushings in the rear end trailing arms. I never thought to test to see if 4wd makes a difference.

Didn't get much time today, but tackled a nasty problem I found when I was stripping the drive belts to do the timing belt. Alternator tensioner bolt was stripped right out. I could slide the bolt in and out with no resistance (I was wondering why it was missing when I pulled it all apart).

Helicoil to the rescue! I freaking love helicoils. Whoever invented them needs to be bought many brews for his wonderful contribution to the automotive world! Just saved me so much $$ now that I don't need to buy a new alternator.

This new truck is just full of surprises.... good thing the body and frame are so clean! :D

I attempted to take advantage of my Lifetime Alignment at Firestone. Apparently their alignment computer was acting up and they wanted me to reschedule. :shrug:

Other than that, I'm happy my heater still works, and I filled it up with fuel for the first time in years. Suffice to say fuel was much cheaper this time around!

Didn't get much time today, but tackled a nasty problem I found when I was stripping the drive belts to do the timing belt. Alternator tensioner bolt was stripped right out. I could slide the bolt in and out with no resistance (I was wondering why it was missing when I pulled it all apart).

Helicoil to the rescue! I freaking love helicoils. Whoever invented them needs to be bought many brews for his wonderful contribution to the automotive world! Just saved me so much $$ now that I don't need to buy a new alternator.

This new truck is just full of surprises.... good thing the body and frame are so clean! :D

I drilled mine out and used a fine thread nut and bolt. Didn't even think about helicoiling, would have been easier in the long run.

Got the alternator and rad back in. Also replaced the brake caliper bleeders with russel speed bleeders. No more messing around with bleeding brakes! Just gotta trim and fit the trans cooler lines, put the fan and shroud back in and bleed the brakes/coolant system.

Just a couple more hours to go....

• Like 1

Got into a wreck with an SVC about two years ago (cut the front of the car near in half with factory brush guard! Nissan 1 Subaru 0) it threw my alignment off a bit and bent the compression rod on the drivers side, a little damage to the grandstand bumper but not too bad. Well I've slowly been putting time and money into rebuilding the front steering and suspension, so far only got 30% or so finished. Shoulda been quicker because it aappears that putting the control arm bushing on the back burner was not smart. Took out both upper and lower ball joints I had installed two months ago. So tomorrow I'm saying eff it and finally going to fix everything at once! I had gathered most the parts up before today but haven't had time. Now let's see if I can finish the gauntlet! Wish me luck!

replaced all 4 ball joints, both tie rods (full rods were cheaper than just getting all 4 ends, go figure :wtf: ) and centerlink. Visual alignment done till I can get it to the shop in the morning, steering wheel is a bit off center right now (about 45 degrees but the wheels are straight enough to get me to the shop tomorrow so all good

Looks like the old girl is living again, been chasing the source of light smoke / steam coming from around the turbo. Turns out I had missed a washer on the oil feed banjo bolt :headwall: seems to have solved the problem (fingers crossed)

wired an LED spot light to my reverse lights and mounted it to the bumper. My normal reverse lights weren't throwing much light so this helps a ton.

those lights look pretty cool and are they bright? any night pics? also where did you get them.

Got into a wreck with an SVC about two years ago (cut the front of the car near in half with factory brush guard! Nissan 1 Subaru 0) it threw my alignment off a bit and bent the compression rod on the drivers side, a little damage to the grandstand bumper but not too bad. Well I've slowly been putting time and money into rebuilding the front steering and suspension, so far only got 30% or so finished. Shoulda been quicker because it aappears that putting the control arm bushing on the back burner was not smart. Took out both upper and lower ball joints I had installed two months ago. So tomorrow I'm saying eff it and finally going to fix everything at once! I had gathered most the parts up before today but haven't had time. Now let's see if I can finish the gauntlet! Wish me luck!

Good luck! :)

Ph.

Haha! Sometimes they do strange things. I did some heavy throttle for a couple days, 4k shifts and what not. 19MPG out of a little VG30i with headers! Also accidentally spun the tires a couple times.

Started making the enclosure my arduino project will sit in. Eventually of like to get a touch screen for it.