What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I wired an LED spot light to my reverse lights and mounted it to the bumper. My normal reverse lights weren't throwing much light so this helps a ton.

2014-12-09%2016.29.57_zpsvtdk9xks.jpg

Now that's a cool idea.

Bubba.....

drove a 400km round trip to buy a cheap trailer, handling beautifully since the ball joints/tie rods/centerlink were replaced and wheel alignment done

What kind of a trailer did you get? I just picked up a 10' enclosed utility trailer and a 9' x 6' (inside) camper trailer. Both free and both within a couple of miles from home. Nice to pull out the camper that had sat there for over 25 years on flats and didn't even need the 4 wheel drive. My collection now goes from 4' ATV trailer to a 29' Fleetwood...it's so nice to tow stuff home because you've got a truck that can pull it.

Today I ran to the junkyard, and came home with the proper tunnel cover, rubber bits, shifter boots, and a alternator from a '95 quest. Got the alty tested out at Autozone on the way home. So I'll be putting in a 110amp alty in the next week!

Also changed my fuel filter, and cleared my codes on the ecu.Will see what pops up now. Also installed the c-clip installed so my shifter won't pop out anymore, and installed the new cover plate and shifter boots. I gotta say, it's kinda nice to not see the road through the floor anymore! Also figured out why my 4x4 light was coming on while driving (at 70mph none the less). When I routed the new transmission wiring it was done in a way that let it slip against the exhaust. Re-routed the wiring and patched up the melted insulation.

Meant to get back to a parts store for a lower radiator hose, as my current "new" one, has a pin hole in it that is getting worse. Got distracted because I'm helping the g/f look for a new car, so hopefully will get to that tomorrow.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 1

Was in the mountains today rescuing a buddy who busted a ball joint in a ski resort parking lot when he hit a pothole. When I tried to take off with him, we were going nowhere, while the tach began heading toward the danger zone, and the speedo climbed faster than I've ever seen it do before. Open differentials are so worthless in 2WD on snow and ice that I could not get moving, even starting in 2nd gear, on a flat surface. I laughed

Needless to say, as soon as I got home, I drew an arrow on my "Things to Buy for the White Money Pit" from the listing at the bottom, "find a LSD with matching gearing at JY" all the way to the 3rd spot. I currently envy all of you with LSD's just that much more.

Noooooooooo, living in Colorado, it would a confession of stupidity if you bought a truck that didn't have 4wd. Mostly just sharing my story of the day and reminding myself that open diffs are bad and that I should nix the one I have ASAP

I had no problem driving and towing in 4wd with my pathy when I first got it. Had 28.8" first gen geolanders and open front and rear diff .Maybe you just need new tires?

Although my new pathy is lsd rear and soon to be lsd front :) stock drive ability with true 4wd :)

Edited by Nefarious

Oh I mean, when I'm in 4wd I have no issues whatsoever. I just hate the mountain mileage that I get when I'm in 4. It drops to like 12 lol. Tires aren't an issue, they've got like 1/2" tread left.
I have 4wd, but I like to push the limits of 2wd before I have to kick in down into 4

I would look into an actual locker instead of swapping out a LSD axle. Since some of us with LSD's are considering just the opposite. :) Just my not so humble opinion.

Today I replaced my lower radiator hose. If it is still leaking tomorrow, I'll order a replacement radiator. Also picked up the longer belt I'll need for installing that Quest alternator.

Edited by Harbinger

I personally am very happy with my factory rear locker. I have tested engagement and it is nearly instant lock up as soon as one tire starts to spin. Both rear tires engage as soon as traction is needed but has no adverse effect on driving in city ice and snow streets either

What kind of a trailer did you get? I just picked up a 10' enclosed utility trailer and a 9' x 6' (inside) camper trailer. Both free and both within a couple of miles from home. Nice to pull out the camper that had sat there for over 25 years on flats and didn't even need the 4 wheel drive. My collection now goes from 4' ATV trailer to a 29' Fleetwood...it's so nice to tow stuff home because you've got a truck that can pull it.

managed to pick up a 6x4 box thats been half converted into a camper trailer for $250, needs a bit of rust cut out but thats not a problem then finish the conversion

Canadian tire had a 20x10 foot heavy duty steel frame car tent on sale for half off, definitely picked it up. Fully sided with a rigid rear wall and a zip up front door. Will finally have a nice warm and dry place to work on the vehicles in the winter. Should be able to rig up some shelving and a heater in there as well. :)

Pulled the rear lift springs out of my old pathy and just about finished cleaning up the last rim and getting it ready for paint. I think I'm going with duplicolour graphite paint (looks like gunmetal with lots of metal flake) and a duplicolour clear coat after. Shedding 30-40 lbs of weight per wheel is going to help towing the z31 a lot :|

Trimmed fender flares, filled tires, cleaned up all the tools out of it and put them in a tool box in the trunk. Bled the brakes, put insurance on it, swapped my license plates from my car over and filled up the gas tank!

Off she goes on her maiden voyage!

Finally finished restoring some 15 x 7 alloy deep dish rims and had them swapped under the rig, replacing the current 15 x 10 steel rims that were mega low offset. What a difference! Truck drives so much better! Better handling, more power. The 15 or 16 hours of grinding out corroded aluminum was worth it! Must have dropped at least 30 or 40 lbs PER WHEEL. lol. I'm sure the steering and ball joints will last longer now as well. :)

Edited by Nefarious

Making some HD mud flaps. Going to drive out to Colorado in March. Found a couple old flaps in pretty good shape in the chassis pit at work the other day. Cut them down to size. Got some flat steel bar andcaf9c952df06a5d5d549369d9a6f205f.jpg8111162c133018fa3bd89c9c2381c898.jpg hardware, drilled some mounting holes and put them partially together. 96c72b5bb5e96536c64748e37f4cc936.jpg need a cutting wheel to chop in to two. Then drill and mount to rear bumper.